What's new

Who supports the French terrorists?

Do note that we don't think that cartoonists should've been killed or subjected to violence. Having said that we also cannot allow our way of life to be mocked and attacked. Every action begs a reaction, thats just human nature.

for the bold part:
The thread here was started because there have been numerous "behind the viel" support to the exact same line you said you wont support. And the thread is to ask them to come in open and be challenged for those view. "peace-loving" people can help a long way by making sure the elements supporting the killings will be properly dealt with.

for the underlined part:
Again - the guys who drew the picture are not muslims, hence need not respect the muslim views
- the guys who bought the publications are at their own free will to purchase it - no one was forced
- the guys who are not muslims/christians/hindus/jews/buddhists need not respect every religion that is out there and stop talking about it. If thats going to happen then we will have to stop doing many many thing
- by the very extension - a person being a Muslim is already hurting the feelings of other religions. so what?
- the only rules that are to be adhered are "civil code" laws - the laws of the land - not some laws made up by a bunch of people living among themselves (read: religion). why should they be subjected to laws that they have not accepted to?

...we also cannot allow our way of life to be mocked and attacked. Every action begs a reaction, thats just human nature.
If you forbid self-mockery you lose the capacity to discern what's holy and what is not. That's the mistake Americans in the South made in the 1830s when they outlawed supporting Abolition. Immediately the test of political worthiness became how dedicated you were to slavery. After three decades of such competitive and increasing radicalization the South violently broke away from the Union - all in the name of supporting slavery, as if their ownership of one man by another was blessed by G-d.

Too often the violent ask themselves, "Is G-d on my side? Look, I killed people and got away with it, that must mean YES!" - ignoring the fact that G-d also gave humanity freedom of choice.

Which means the correct question isn't, "Is G-d on my side?" but "Am I on G-d's side?"

If you X-out self-mockery you'll never be able to answer that question, will you?

Who is asking you to do anything ? Folks are just being politely asked to please refrain from using religious icons for commercial usage as the usage of icons in pictures is against Islamic Tradition. Muslims have TRADEMARK on Mohammad don't use it, Don't misuse Allah word etc

Normally if you will tune in to any Pakistani TV you will never see a show mocking Jesus just as an example not any diety from India

The moment you bring religion into Jokes , its hard to control the reaction as different people have different views on religion

Normally its not good to go into people's personal views and attack that , and when its done on global stage like News paper .... it brings BAD KARMA

If Europe feels they have lost their moral sense of right and wrong about respecting people's personal views about life

They really need to reevaluate things

The french issue is more about "INCITING" hate intentionally by provocative cartoons to Prove what ? Absolutely nothing ? Cheap publicity stunt

If you forbid self-mockery you lose the capacity to discern what's holy and what is not. That's the mistake Americans in the South made in the 1830s when they outlawed supporting Abolition. Immediately the test of political worthiness became how dedicated you were to slavery. After three decades of such competitive and increasing radicalization the South violently broke away from the Union - all in the name of supporting slavery, as if their ownership of one man by another was blessed by G-d.

Too often the violent ask themselves, "Is G-d on my side? Look, I killed people and got away with it, that must mean YES!" - ignoring the fact that G-d also gave humanity freedom of choice.

Which means the correct question isn't, "Is G-d on my side?" but "Am I on G-d's side?"

If you X-out self-mockery you'll never be able to answer that question, will you?

Muslims are not subject to the rules of other people. If anti Semitic cartoons can get you fired, why Islamophobic cartoons make you a hero?

Having said that we also cannot allow our way of life to be mocked and attacked. Every action begs a reaction, thats just human nature.

strange -
this is exactly what the guys who killed the kids
the guys who killed the cartoonists
the guys who bombed and killed many innocent people on the guise of religion have said

the people who give these "extreme" reactions are called "extremists" and those pigs need to be weeded out.

for the bold part:
The thread here was started because there have been numerous "behind the viel" support to the exact same line you said you wont support. And the thread is to ask them to come in open and be challenged for those view. "peace-loving" people can help a long way by making sure the elements supporting the killings will be properly dealt with.

for the underlined part:
Again - the guys who drew the picture are not muslims, hence need not respect the muslim views
- the guys who bought the publications are at their own free will to purchase it - no one was forced
- the guys who are not muslims/christians/hindus/jews/buddhists need not respect every religion that is out there and stop talking about it. If thats going to happen then we will have to stop doing many many thing
- by the very extension - a person being a Muslim is already hurting the feelings of other religions. so what?
- the only rules that are to be adhered are "civil code" laws - the laws of the land - not some laws made up by a bunch of people living among themselves (read: religion). why should they be subjected to laws that they have not accepted to?

The support for the violence is not justified, however i believe the the outrage over the Islamophobic cartoons is very justified since they are derogatory to every Muslim in the world.

strange -
this is exactly what the guys who killed the kids
the guys who killed the cartoonists
the guys who bombed and killed many innocent people on the guise of religion have said

the people who give these "extreme" reactions are called "extremists" and those pigs need to be weeded out.

We deplore violence as much as we deplore Islamophobia. Those who accuse Muslims of not standing up to the extremists are hypocrites who don't speak up against Islamophobia.

Who is asking you to do anything ? Folks are just being politely asked to please refrain from using religious icons for commercial usage as the usage of icons in pictures is against Islamic Tradition. Muslims have TRADEMARK on Mohammad don't use it, Don't misuse Allah word etc

Normally if you will tune in to any Pakistani TV you will never see a show mocking Jesus just as an example not any diety from India

The moment you bring religion into Jokes , its hard to control the reaction as different people have different views on religion

Normally its not good to go into people's personal views and attack that , and when its done on global stage like News paper .... it brings BAD KARMA

If Europe feels they have lost their moral sense of right and wrong about respecting people's personal views about life

They really need to reevaluate things

The french issue is more about "INCITING" hate intentionally by provocative cartoons to Prove what ? Absolutely nothing ? Cheap publicity stunt

oh I am sorry. I did not know two people gunning the cartoonists was "politely asking to refrain from using religious symbols"

also - about the trademark,

trademark rules allow the usage of TRADEMARK or SIMILAR images for parody

from fair usage policy:
"parody is recognized as a type of fair use, like other commentary and criticism, and courts recognize that a parody must often take recognizable elements from the work it comments upon."

The support for the violence is not justified, however i believe the the outrage over the Islamophobic cartoons is very justified since they are derogatory to every Muslim in the world.

The post is exactly why I still have faith in the ownership of this forum.

You are very well within your right to feel outraged, that is your right and you have all the right to fight it/challenge it meaningfully. Hell, many people will support your right to express such outrage and many people would even stand by you.

This thread was specifically to those people - who in the guise if "outrage" have supported or condoned violence of such proportions.

I am not expecting you guys to go on and pay respects to the cartoonists. But simply denounce anyone who supports such extremist actions.
As far as I know, we are all on the same page. Are we not
@Horus ?

Muslims are not subject to the rules of other people.
Without self-mockery you've deprived yourselves the means of evaluating whether you are Muslims in the way G-d intended. It's like you've taken the fear of G-d out of Islam. As I pointed out a couple of days ago, in 1960s Arabia U.S. lawyers won cases for their clients because a Saudi would never break his oath to G-d in the courtroom - he'd refuse to take it and the Saudi judge would then dismiss the case. However, I'm sure you realize that such a situation is practically unimaginable in the Pakistan described in Anatoly Lieven's A Hard Country or even further back British colonial administrators' accounts of northwestern Indians as conscienceless lying witnesses in the courtroom, providing phony alibis to even their tenth cousins accused of a crime, thus making convictions nearly impossible.

The hardest reform for a people to make isn't the change of political parties or the political system but moral reform. That's what you've got to shoot for and that's what you're rejecting. You can either be a petulant child and sleep in a dirty bed or man up and change the sheets - you're the one who's gonna sleep it it.

The post is exactly why I still have faith in the ownership of this forum.

You are very well within your right to feel outraged, that is your right and you have all the right to fight it/challenge it meaningfully. Hell, many people will support your right to express such outrage and many people would even stand by you.

This thread was specifically to those people - who in the guise if "outrage" have supported or condoned violence of such proportions.

I am not expecting you guys to go on and pay respects to the cartoonists. But simply denounce anyone who supports such extremist actions.
As far as I know, we are all on the same page. Are we not
@Horus ?

We have denounced them - any act of violence carried out in our name is unlawful and must be denounced.

We have denounced them - any act of violence carried out in our name is unlawful and must be denounced.
Yet you don't hesitate to morally legitimize such violence. It's easy to perceive that if you're a law enforcement officer you're not likely to go out of your way to pursue such terrorists if they reach Pakistan. A small bribe and they'll be clear of your gate.

You and many other have done so. but there are many here that have supported the same violence.

Now, if we consider you to be the "peaceful" people, what do we term the people below as?
mujhaidind said:
Don't dis-respect those three mujhaideen. Allah has already granted them jana=nah!

You and many other have done so. but there are many here that have supported the same violence.

Now, if we consider you to be the "peaceful" people, what do we term the people below as?
mujhaidind said:
Don't dis-respect those three mujhaideen. Allah has already granted them jana=nah!

Does that post still exist?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom