What's new

WHO suggests India's death toll for covid19 is around 4.7 million, almost ten times more than offical figure.

Indian RSS types don't care that Modi is incompetent. Like rats following the Piper.

I suspect that the state of UP has underreported the deaths by a good margin. I've heard from central government civil servants in my family that states in central India are not very disciplined and transparent in reporting numbers for stats :disagree:

That would be stupid since financial help for CoVid comes when you report CoVid cases and deaths in your districts.

This is the problem when you go by "my uncle says".

That would be stupid since financial help for CoVid comes when you report CoVid cases and deaths in your districts.

This is the problem when you go by "my uncle says".
Problem if you believe that money is more important than reputation for a politician hoping to get reelected

One simple explanation, we have zero covid policy and not let it spread like rats in India numb numb. Less patients equals more treatment hence less deaths. No amount of bullshit can cover the fck up of this proportion numb numb. India is the typical case of talk and no action.
Don't understand. What are you explaining ? My point t was about the WHO model applicability which seems to be a mere statistical exercise built bereft of appropriate regional intrinsics and therefore cannot be used for South Asia and Chinese regions.

Problem if you believe that money is more important than reputation for a politician hoping to get reelected

India is not the west where people vote on "CoVid" death statistics.

This is what happens when you look at India from western lenses. You think what applies in Canada applies to India too. It does not.

Politicians need money to address CoVid cases and as long as the public see that you are doing something for them, they will vote for you. For doing that you need funds from the center.

Lastly the reputation of any Indian politician seeking re-election as MP is certainly not depended on what he did on CoVid.

What is the model used by WHO ?

We can estimate the figure quite easily

Just see mortality figure in 2017-2019, see the number will not be quite different

Then compare it with mortality figure in 2020-2022 April

The different with the average mortality in 2017-2019 will be the figure that close with the reality.
That'd be a crude but still better approach than what WHO did. They have a 30 page model description in their website that you may study if interested. I based my review on that.

India is not the west where people vote on "CoVid" death statistics.

This is what happens when you look at India from western lenses. You think what applies in Canada applies to India too. It does not.

Politicians need money to address CoVid cases and as long as the public see that you are doing something for them, they will vote for you. For doing that you need funds from the center.

Lastly the reputation of any Indian politician seeking re-election as MP is certainly not depended on what he did on CoVid.
It is not about my perception of what is important for Indian voters. It is Indian politicians themselves who are likely to worry about optics and the media criticism that could follow.

Most of the Indian posters in this thread are totally shameless.

Literally trying to deny the most obvious thing in the last 2 years.
The only obvious thing in the last two years is the origination of covid from Wuhan China but soup recipe.

Sorry but you addressed all Indian posters so I am constrained to point t out the obvious albeit in English

Hopefully the more shameless here will die from starvation when the stagflationary recession hits in the next year or two.

I'm kind of shocked that basic commodity inflation hasn't rolled over yet.

Shame the disgusting filthy Ghandy clan and Pappu was spared

mar jaen bhen ke lawdey toh maza aajayega .. terrorist attack mein marein toh aur bhi ziada maza aying :)

or, stay alive... and keep losing elections till you die from from old age or whatever.. chewtia pappu ghandy, most disgusting and corrupt family in the world.

Modi haters have lost their common sense. They satisfy themselves by bluffing against Modi. Modi never bothers to reply to these jokers.

Did any other country dump their dead covid bodies in the river and beach like India?

r

Or burn dead covid bodies in parking lot in India?

ca66f0b1-0149-4be9-afc6-3eada1e41f5e-India_Covid19_Outbreak_05.JPG

Back
Top Bottom