What's new

Who started it?

CHD

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Who started Pakistan Nuclear Program? Was it Bhutto or the army/establishment? Did ZAB took the credit just like nawaz government did w.r.t to Operation Zarb-e-Azb?

Missiles-of-Pakistan-Pak-Army-4.jpg

Last edited:
Who started Pakistan Nuclear Program? Was it Bhutto or the army/establishment? Did ZAB took the credit just like nawaz government did w.r.t to Operation Zarb-e-Azb?

Bhutto started it. Initial work was done under his leadership, along with Munir Ahmed; moving on Zia took over and simply continued it. Nawaz Sharif government shouldn't take credit for it, nuclear tests were conducted in his period, that's all. The heavy lifting was done before it. Credit cannot be given to one person, or one government.
If more details are needed, would love to provide.

ZAB was the one to start it,someone asked Ayub that India is developing nukes and he replied with smile "if Indians would develop that,then i am sure it will be available in Market and we will buy it"

Bhutto started it. Initial work was done under his leadership, along with Munir Ahmed; moving on Zia took over and simply continued it. Nawaz Sharif government shouldn't take credit for it, nuclear tests were conducted in his period, that's all. The heavy lifting was done before it. Credit cannot be given to one person, or one government.
If more details are needed, would love to provide.
If india didn't tested in 1998, then for how much long Pakistan would have waited to conduct its tests?

If india didn't tested in 1998, then for how much long Pakistan would have waited to conduct its tests?
We had weapons. Tests are only a proof for the conducted work. Small Cold tests were conducted before the '98 tests. We had nuclear weapons before '98. Moving on to your questions, as long as we had to. Our program was based on tackling treats from the Indian counterparts, we were never the one's taking the first step-so we would always wait for India to conduct them first.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter who started it for what. Now we have it and we should own it in all the circumstances. Some ignorants in Pakistan are still confuse about it.

Is the army an entity separate from the government of Pakistan. Are soldiers not govt servants.

Army is part of government- Government is not part of army.

I shouldn't share the first thought that came to my mind after seeing this photo. :partay:

Can Pakistani army take such decisions and fund it on its own while a civilian government is in power? Or are you talking about the periods of military rule in Pakistan when such decisions can be taken?

I think India made Pakistan to start nuclear program... :rofl::rofl:

Its BJP and Pakistan's luck they are under the assumption that Pakistan will never test his weapons under USA pressure and accepts our superiority but they fail to understand Pakistan actually waiting any opportunity to test his weapons. Years back i met retired nuclear engineer and he told my during conversation that many time before the test Govt trying to get opportunity to test the weapons even in case of military build up.

It should be vice-versa, as this move of pakistani government affected its economy Critically.. thanks to this move, Paks economy is not on track yet...

Thanks to our leaders that jingoistics had to think a thousand times before having any misadventure. And after that ban on cricket got imposed. :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom