What's new

who started Arms Race in Asia!!!!!

Well, I was wrong. Japan is less than China.

e7e975.png

Well, you can see the pattern here. India's spending increases in tandem with China's ie. in response to China's who has a much bigger economy, hence a bigger military budget. The US's spending is slightly erratic and obviously depends on their commitments, Iraq-Afghanistan etc. Japan, with it's pacified doctrine maintains a consistent 1%. Interesting point to note is that India, China & Japan's defence budgets are on the rise while Pakistan's which has always been significantly higher than all other's is on the decline along with their economy.

In conclusion, I don't think you can blame anyone for starting an arms race (at least not yet). From what I can see, the military budgets of all our nations (except maybe Pakistan and the US) seem consistent with their economical state.

:coffee:
actual % is far more.. china has the record of doing things secretly..
from missile tests to nukes..(even many claims that they had over 400 nukes in 60's , but officially they r showing [210] )

That is rumor.
Specific list of China's military spending is kept secret, but it does not mean that the number is false. China's budget needs approval by parliament.

-india and china not nighbours..
-india and china has no regional disputes.
-india and china never fought a single war.
-india has china's strong support against terrorism.(china was the first country who condemned 26/11 even before us,uk,russia france etc.)
-china has bad relations with pak.

thanks fr your information.I never know that india has that kind of good relationship with China.

Can I have a source for the 1971.
Couldn't find the source video so far still looking

I'm curious. China usually calls for "restraint" in situations like that.
About the restraint part,while searching for the source video and an article,i found something that might be of your interest.

The Chinese threatening notes however increased the pressure on India to compromise. On September 19, the Chinese sent a new ultimatum (for the day of the ceasfire September 22): 'From their own experience the Chinese people can deeply understand how Pakistan has been bullied by the Indian government. The Chinese government gives all-out support to the people of Kashmir in their struggle for the right of national self-determination.'

1965 war: The Chinese bluff

Our goal is having around 5000 nukes by 2020, this signifies the challenge we are going to face once our nation becomes number one in nominal GDP.

Pakistan i expected around 500 nukes by 2020, since it gonna face the nuke escalation from India.

The Chinese threatening notes however increased the pressure on India to compromise. On September 19, the Chinese sent a new ultimatum (for the day of the ceasfire September 22): 'From their own experience the Chinese people can deeply understand how Pakistan has been bullied by the Indian government. The Chinese government gives all-out support to the people of Kashmir in their struggle for the right of national self-determination.'

I can believe it since it couched in the language of oppressor versus oppressed. KMT and foreign repression and was at the root of the Chinese communist party.

Couldn't find the source video so far still looking

About the restraint part,while searching for the source video and an article,i found something that might be of your interest.

1965 war: The Chinese bluff

But you should post the other pertinent parts of the passage you quoted as well. In the very next line

The exchange of notes continued during the following days, but as stated in the Indian Official Report of the 1965 War: 'in real sense (China) had neither any intention nor any capacity to strike against India.'

Read

A military map recently released by the CIA shows that only 61,000 Chinese troops were deployed in the Tibet military region compared to 151,000 in Kunming and 327,000 in Guangzhou regions. This shows that the real focus of China's military forces in 1965 was to assist Ho Chi Minh's 'people's revolution' in Vietnam.

As to the the threatening note in question (apart from second ultimatum) it was in regards to a purely China-India border matter.

The Chinese threatening notes however increased the pressure on India to compromise

This was the note it referred too, again no mention of Pakistan

On September 16, the tone mounted again; Beijing accused Delhi to have built structures on the Chinese side of the Sikkim-China border and rejected the Indian denial: '(The Indian note) further shamelessly asserts that Indian troops have never crossed the Sikkim-China boundary... and that India has not built any military works either on the Chinese side of the border... This is a bare faced lie.' The Note ended with a threat, India had to withdraw; 'otherwise, the Indian government must bear full responsibility for all the grave consequences arising therefrom.'

This situation clearly existed outside of India's conflict with Pakistan. No relations there, whatever might be the consequences to Indian strategic thinking wrt the war with Pakistan.

And this was also mentioned in the same article.

But despite the close relation newly developing between Pakistan and China, it was not on Beijing's agenda to support Pakistan in a war with India.

The best proof is the transcript of a long meeting between Zhou Enlai, the Chinese premier, and Ayub Khan on April 2, 1965 in Karachi. The entire discussion focused around the US role in Vietnam. Zhou wanted the US to know (through the intermediary of Ayub Khan) that Beijing 'will go to Vietnam if Vietnam is in need, as we did in Korea' and if 'the US expands (the war) to Chinese territory, the war will have no limits.'

Our goal is having around 5000 nukes by 2020, this signifies the challenge we are going to face once our nation becomes number one in nominal GDP.

Pakistan i expected around 500 nukes by 2020, since it gonna face the nuke escalation from India.
I think China will be #1 in nominal GDP in 5 years. The current Middle-East unrest could lead to another economic crisis in the US.

I don't know if 5000 nukes is enough facing a threat like India. India is trying to develop its "indigenous" ballistic missile defense. I think we should have at least 10,000 nukes to counter that.

Pakistan needs at least 2000 nukes.

I think China will be #1 in nominal GDP in 5 years. The current Middle-East unrest could lead to another economic crisis in the US.

I don't know if 5000 nukes is enough facing a threat like India. India is trying to develop its "indigenous" ballistic missile defense. I think we should have at least 10,000 nukes to counter that.

Pakistan needs at least 2000 nukes.

China would have to grow at 20% percent a year to pass the US in nominal GDP (barring another wall-street induced cataclysm)

oh by the way your buddy 6682.CN got banned for false flagging. He wasn't Chinese.

China would have to grow at 20% percent a year to pass the US in nominal GDP (barring another wall-street induced cataclysm)

oh by the way your buddy 6682.CN got banned for false flagging. He wasn't Chinese.

The false-flag guy 6682.CN got banned?

Well, I can't really complain about that, lol.

:coffee:
actual % is far more.. china has the record of doing things secretly..
from missile tests to nukes..(even many claims that they had over 400 nukes in 60's , but officially they r showing [210] )

we can say the same for india and US with the black budgets and others

it was china!!! :bounce:

LOL. :D

If we're talking about recent history, I would argue that it was the outsiders, particularly the Western colonial powers that caused such a situation to develop in Asia. (Although I suppose this situation might have developed by itself anyway.)

Back
Top Bottom