What's new

Who shall be care taker Prime Minister

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What is in your opinion most unbiased and honest and largely acceptable personality, that shall be nominated for caretaker prime minister during 2013 general elections.... we are passing through a critical moment of history.

Nominate your candidates with honesty and best of your ability, try not to mock up or label any one on ethnic or religious grounds.

My candidate is Hon. Abdul Sattar Edhi.

220px-Abdul_Sattar_Edhi.jpg

His Health is too Fragile for the Dirty Pakistani Politics , Let him Do what he is doing Right now , that is the best for him & for Us.

His Health is too Fragile for the Dirty Pakistani Politics , Let him Do what he is doing Right now , that is the best for him & for Us.

IMO... what he is doing right now is much extensive than acting as a caretaker P.M.

I also believe he is in much better health than Mr. Jinnah, when he lead my ancestors to Pakistan.

Who is your healthy choice?

What is in your opinion most unbiased and honest and largely acceptable personality, that shall be nominated for caretaker prime minister during 2013 general elections.... we are passing through a critical moment of history.

Nominate your candidates with honesty and best of your ability, try not to mock up or label any one on ethnic or religious grounds.

Honesty is definitely a must desiarable, but knowledge of international politics, tact and strategic thinking are also very important.

Why do we need care takers? the existing PM shopuld be responsible for fair and transparent elections and promoting political process in the country. If they are not capable of even this basic thing then why make them PM in the first place?

What about.....................me? I'm honest but I can't guarantee I won't start a bloody purge against the political parties....;)

constitutionally its a choice to be made by the ruling house, mainly a decision by PPP for which consensus is not necessary element.

so its PPP coalition choice...

it should be some retired technocrat or judge,

keeping in mind that it would be PPP's choice so I go with Asma Jahangir. she is daring, anti establishment, and a true democrat and has the ability to deliver the transition..

my personal pick would be Justice Tariq Mehmood...

keeping in mind that it would be PPP's choice so I go with Asma Jahangir. she is daring, anti establishment, and a true democrat and has the ability to deliver the transit

Asma Jehangir is one of the flowers of Pakistani society! And she is not shy to criticize the PPP. She is a true 'liberal' who has chosen PPP platform after considering all other parties.

I hope she lives long and prospers. I doubt she would be allowed that once she gets some 'power'. She, like Benazir Bhutto, will be hunted down.

It is to the credit of PPP that it continues to produce women like Nusrat Bhutto, Benazir Bhutto, Shehla Raza (the current Deputy Speaker Sindh Assembly--and my class fellow and friend from Karachi University!), Fehmida Mirza (current Speaker NA), Sherry Rehman and of course the late Fauzia Wahab! Look at their ethnicities, btw: Sindhis, Punjabis, and Mohajirs...

To answer the question: The PPP allowed the selection of Justice Fakhruddin Ebrahim as the Chief Election Commission--a powerful position, demanded by the opposition. And so again PPP can do something hitherto unheard of in Pakistan: Appoint a neutral caretaker PM.

PS. As I indicated numerous times in this forum, despite having a soft-spot for PPP, I am going to root for Imran Khan's PTI in the next elections because of the gross incompetence of PPP in 'governance'.

imran.jpg

Already nominated, and has a decent chance to win..

Lets go IK!

Asma Jehangir is one of the flowers of Pakistani society! And she is not shy to criticize the PPP. She is a true 'liberal' who has chosen PPP platform after considering all other parties.

I hope she lives long and prospers. I doubt she would be allowed that once she gets some 'power'. She, like Benazir Bhutto, will be hunted down.

It is to the credit of PPP that it continues to produce women like Nusrat Bhutto, Benazir Bhutto, Shehla Raza (the current Deputy Speaker Sindh Assembly--and my class fellow and friend from Karachi University!), Fehmida Mirza (current Speaker NA), Sherry Rehman and of course the late Fauzia Wahab! Look at their ethnicities, btw: Sindhis, Punjabis, and Mohajirs...

To answer the question: The PPP allowed the selection of Justice Fakhruddin Ebrahim as the Chief Election Commission--a powerful position, demanded by the opposition. And so again PPP can do something hitherto unheard of in Pakistan: Appoint a neutral caretaker PM.

PS. As I indicated numerous times in this forum, despite having a soft-spot for PPP, I am going to root for Imran Khan's PTI in the next elections because of the gross incompetence of PPP in 'governance'.

349av6x.jpg

24zhena.jpg

1gtb9e.jpg

notice how she intentionally wears saffron colour while visiting her uncles in india.

would be one of the darkest chapters in our history....if this bharti hindi lady becomes Prime minister.

First of all, let me state unequivocally that I hold Edhi Sahib in the highest esteem. He is a true hero in my books and does a great job as philanthropist and social worker. Having said that I would not want him to perform a brain surgery on anyone. What the heck does Honourable gentleman know about running a country ?

I think if we were to look for so0meone to run the country it would have to be a world class economist. That is the need of the hour.

In our country the last retired supreme court judge become the chief of care taker govt for three months(90 days term) two conduct the election related jobs . in this time they suppose to do the regular duty only . Pakistan can think about last retired judge as the chief of care taker govt to lead the country in transition. though the cabinet would consist of the last govt or like us a whole new cabinet like us whom we designate as adviser would take charge its a matter of discussion .

my personal pick would be Justice Tariq Mehmood...

Leave the rest of them aside.I like Justice (R) Tariq and i've reasons for it.
He's a good neighbor.Nice,honest(as far as i know) & a humble person.So,he's better choice than anybody else.

Eidi sahib,well who's better than him.But he's having health issue.We must not disturb him.

Fakkhurdhen G Ibrahim is basically from PPP, but a principled man, hence acceptable to everyone, to my understanding apart from extreme right wingers and army apologists Asma Jahangir should also be acceptable...

I think the position suits her, since these elections are going to be the FIRST elections in our democracy that would deliver power to the next and you see Sheikh Rasheed kind and establishment who dont want this to happen peacefully... they cry technocrat government...

Back
Top Bottom