What's new

Who Is Trying To Sabotage Our Light Combat Aircraft, The Tejas?

Our weird ceremonies come to us with a history of 15,000 years. We are proud to be its inheritors. How about you ?

Yeah you are still stuck in the primitive stone age while we build the 21st century. Weird ceremonies do not make fighters. You have to build them.

Our weird ceremonies come to us with a history of 15,000 years. We are proud to be its inheritors. How about you ?

India is using soothsayer, shamans and priests to govern and conduct foreign. To understand today’s Indian government decisions, including foreign policy, one need to understand Indian religious practices.

As for Tejas, it’s fate lie in some Brahman shamans trance. They will determine if Tejas go on. Modi Will keep Tejas going until one Shaman tell him to scrap the fighter and go foreign.

India is using soothsayer, shamans and priests to govern and conduct foreign. To understand today’s Indian government decisions, including foreign policy, one need to understand Indian religious practices.

As for Tejas, it’s fate lie in some Brahman shamans trance. They will determine if Tejas go on. Modi Will keep Tejas going until one Shaman tell him to scrap the fighter and go foreign.

Yawn ....... :coffee: ......... shoooooo.

Yeah you are still stuck in the primitive stone age while we build the 21st century. Weird ceremonies do not make fighters. You have to build them.

Why is a man claiming to build the 21st century shamelessly carrying an Indian Flag under his name ? :lol:

Makes you wonder, who is the really primitive man stuck in this own muck.

You are being too generous here. Indians lack knowledge, skill and work ethics to build a fighter. This has been confirmed by Internationally reputed defense firms on multiple occasions. They are good at conducting weird religious ceremonies though.

View attachment 439299
It's our tradition,for ever new thing startt with a pooja. Do you know what Russians do to the first flight of any aircraft?the crew will piss on landing gear,does it make Russians or russian products inferior,I said no.

I don't know what happened to @singporeguy? There is a ban exist in Pakistan on social media, I can understand why some Pakistan members are not posting now,but some anti indian non Pakistan pdf members also disappeared from pdf since the ban.

I am bemused at this labelling of Tejas as a "failure".

Apart from the engine, everything else has either been a success or a partial success. By using the experience and knowledge from Tejas, there is no reason why India cannot build a competitive 5th generation fighter by 2030 as long as the engine is foreign.

I would go so far as to say that India has nearly caught up with Sweden in fighter aircraft design now. The Gripen has both a foreign engine and radar and there are no plans to incorporate a Swedish radar as the Gripen E AESA radar is Italian. In contrast India is testing it's own AESA radar to put inside the Tejas Mark 2 by 2022.

Spending around 1 billion US dollar so far on Tejas, India has gained a lot of valuable knowledge and experience in aircraft design.
ya...
but IAF should not be forced to buy it in large number, because once you buy you need to maintain it, total life time cost could be much more...
i have serious doubt about build quality issues and availability of it in good enough numbers, on time.. once IAF says yes, they will sign to years of pain and misery... let them use this on trial basis and find the pain points...

Apart from the engine, everything else has either been a success or a partial success. By using the experience and knowledge from Tejas, there is no reason why India cannot build a competitive 5th generation fighter by 2030 as long as the engine is foreign.

I would go so far as to say that India has nearly caught up with Sweden in fighter aircraft design now. The Gripen has both a foreign engine and radar and there are no plans to incorporate a Swedish radar as the Gripen E AESA radar is Italian. In contrast India is testing it's own AESA radar to put inside the Tejas Mark 2 by 2022.

Spending around 1 billion US dollar so far on Tejas, India has gained a lot of valuable knowledge and experience in aircraft design.
Exactly, Tejas is not certainly the latest or the greatest. It is supposed to replace the lousy MiG-21's. It will be an average aircraft which can be used for defence but not strike roles.

More over ,is there any point in having airforce full of latest & greatest strike fighters costing billions of dollars which will only spend time sitting in hangars for another 25 years. The extra money spent of foreign aircraft can be used for other purpose like paying pensions or development work.

ya...
but IAF should not be forced to buy it in large number, because once you buy you need to maintain it, total life time cost could be much more...
i have serious doubt about build quality issues and availability of it in good enough numbers, on time.. once IAF says yes, they will sign to years of pain and misery... let them use this on trial basis and find the pain points...
dude, we are better of having our own shit than some unmanageable phoren shit.
sourcing components for these machines during war will impossible or insanely expensive.

IAF should collaborate with other orgs and get the issues fixed. Navy is building all the ships in-house but our spoiled airforce and army are still hankering over foreign stuff.
By relying on foreign equipment we have already lost the war even before it begins.

ya...

No harm in having at least a few squadrons at least. You do not stop learning with design and manufacture. Service is also required.

You are being too generous here. Indians lack knowledge, skill and work ethics to build a fighter. This has been confirmed by Internationally reputed defense firms on multiple occasions. They are good at conducting weird religious ceremonies though.

View attachment 439299
lol.. i like this ceremony.... especially when a new train looks like a bride... may be we can remove religion out of it but ceremony is fun... :)

The Raven radar is design in collaboration with SAAB.
A lot of the experience from the latest generation of SAABs PS/04 goes into the radar.
Especially techniques for detecting stealth aircrafts.

From SAABs press announcement:
4DF1B68B-CE3D-4F82-9679-98A268C7E54C.jpeg

The Raven radar is design in collaboration with SAAB.
A lot of the experience from the latest generation of SAABs PS/04 goes into the radar.
Especially techniques for detecting stealth aircrafts.

From SAABs press announcement:
View attachment 439456

Yes there was Swedish input but the radar itself is built in the UK by an Italian firm.
I am sure that Sweden could probably have built something nearly as good but the cost would have been too much for a country of less than 10 million.

Yes there was Swedish input but the radar itself is built in the UK by an Italian firm.
I am sure that Sweden could probably have built something nearly as good but the cost would have been too much for a country of less than 10 million.

I believe it is more than just ”input”...

SAAB have their own AESA radar, built using GaN in several versions.
It was not ready in time for Gripen E, but has been offered to India.
The Giraffe version is i; production, and I believe the EriEye ER uses the same core.
The fighter version has been developed up to a point, but will only be completed
when the right business case appears.
You will have to customize it for the size of the radar cone, anyway.

I believe it is more than just ”input”...

SAAB have their own AESA radar, built using GaN in several versions.
It was not ready in time for Gripen E, but has been offered to India.
The Giraffe version is i; production, and I believe the EriEye ER uses the same core.
The fighter version has been developed up to a point, but will only be completed
when the right business case appears.
You will have to customize it for the size of the radar cone, anyway.

The Raven radar can trace it's origins back to the Sea Vixen on the Sea Harrier. Even though it was small, as it had to fit into the nose cone of the small fighter, it was thought to be the best fighter radar that flew with Nato over the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s.

From the Sea Vixen, we got the PS/04 and then the Raven AESA down one track and another was
Sea Vixen to Eurofighter's Captor and now the Eurofigther's Captor-E Aesa.

The Raven radar can trace it's origins back to the Sea Vixen on the Sea Harrier. Even though it was small, as it had to fit into the nose cone of the small fighter, it was thought to be the best fighter radar that flew with Nato over the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s.

From the Sea Vixen, we got the PS/04 and then the Raven AESA down one track and another was
Sea Vixen to Eurofighter's Captor and now the Eurofigther's Captor-E Aesa.

SAAB has done a lot of improvement over the years.
That stuff has been ported to the Raven as well.

The radar is called the PS/05A, memory lapse... :).

B6C53648-36B6-4EE5-8A1E-2CE5E5A8EEC9.png

SAAB has done a lot of improvement over the years.
That stuff has been ported to the Raven as well.

The radar is called the PS/05A, memory lapse... :).

View attachment 439803

Yes, meant to say PS/05A.

Do you know the real reason why Sweden did not design and manufacture the Gripen's radar by itself?
Was it that the cost was too high?

Yes, meant to say PS/05A.

Do you know the real reason why Sweden did not design and manufacture the Gripen's radar by itself?
Was it that the cost was too high?

Yes, I visited SAAB in Stockholm about one year ago, and they were displaying their latest stuff.
I asked this very question, and they said it was a matter of timing.
Their own AESA fighter radar (GaN based) was not ready, when the decision for Gripen was made.
Since then, they have brought it much further, but before they complete a product,
they need a business case.
It has been offered to India for their SE fighter, which would be enough to motivate a completion.
An AESA should be designed or the nose cone it needs to fit in, and they think it is enough to demonstrate their GaN Radar expertise with the EriEye-ER and the Giraffe.

I do believe GaN based AESA is quite a lot more expensive today compared to GaAs,
but I guess that a SAAB marketing guy would avoid commenting about that.

Back
Top Bottom