What's new

who is the real threat for pak-taliban or india

silent warrior

New Recruit

Reaction score
For all of its 62 years, the government of Pakistan and its military have been obsessed with one thing: India, the enemy next door to the east with whom it has fought three wars. And every day for 50 of those years its soldiers at one of the border crossings have stared down their Indian counterparts, as their flags are raised and lowered.

But the biggest threat facing Pakistan today comes from within, from its lawless tribal territories on the western frontier, where the Taliban and al Qaeda were allowed to regroup and carry out attacks against U.S. troops across the border in Afghanistan, and now against the Pakistani government.

During the past year, Islamic extremists have launched more than 600 terrorist attacks inside the country, killing more than 2,000 people. One suicide bombing last September, at the Marriott Hotel in the capital of Islamabad, killed 60 people just minutes away from the presidential offices, now occupied by a very unlikely leader, Asif Ali Zardari.

Asked how important it is to stop extremism, President Zardari told Kroft, "It’s important enough. I lost my wife to it. My children's mother, the most populist leader of Pakistan. It's important to stop them and make sure that it doesn't happen again and they don't take over our way of life. That's what they want to do."

@ silent warrior..... if indeed this is what you and your people think? have you ever in the past few years said or given any gesture of solidarity with the people of Pakistan? have you expressed your concerns and given condolences to the family of the victims? with all over a million talk shows and news channels and Mumbo jumbo being broadcast by your sky TV have you and your people prayed for people suffering in Pakistan? i havent heard a single sentence from your country via any means of communication. that's so cruel man!

if you haven't done or didn't had any of the above thoughts to share with this nation how can you tell us which danger is the clear and present danger? these incidents have never happened in Pakistan before. They only started happening after your government started having ties with the Afghanistan and its Leadership. this region was a lot stable and safer before your involvement...it would be a lot better if you simply stick to your side of the border and let us to our.....Remember! We still have a score to settle with what you did in 1971. Don't push your Luck!

other than 1971, during russian invasion in afghanistan india took advantage of the situation and opened a new front on siachin. they wanted to attack our nuclear facilities with the help of israel. then makes indian think that we should not consider them as threat???

For all of its 62 years, the government of Pakistan and its military have been obsessed with one thing: India, the enemy next door to the east with whom it has fought three wars. And every day for 50 of those years its soldiers at one of the border crossings have stared down their Indian counterparts, as their flags are raised and lowered. .

The same could be said about india...."For all of its 62 years, the government of India and its military have been obsessed with one thing:Pakistan, the enemy next door to the east with whom it has fought three wars."

Not to mention India's Stance of ISI's involvement in simply everything from Poverty in India and attacks on kan-jar Khanna in India! sheeeeeesh

Last edited:

Did you know the peace process started in the Swat region due to the approval of Pres Zardari him self? if he really considered solely them the perpetrators? why would he encourage them by listening to their demands?, after all what we Pakistani as a nation have gone through???

You know the real threat is most definetly "taliban" and not India. Because the taliban can come into my city and kill my family, India on the other hand would either proxy through the taliban(unlikely) or attack on the border and fight with our troops .BUT the thing is the people of India are very dangerous, i mean they are taught to hate Pakistan.

One of my friends asked me to do an experiment for the last few weeks where i checked between CNN-IBN/AAJ TAK and GEO/Aj TV to see how much propaganda or hate the media blows towards to the other country. Surprisingly, Geo and Aj TV never really talk about India as it seems they have enough news from our home itself. Turn to the Indian media every 10-15 mins they start talking about Pakistan, i mean not just because of the "mumbai incident" but like generally, like news from Pakistan, news that is extremely irrelavent to Indians, but its about their mentality. You see "Jo bikta hai wohi tv pay dikta hai". Generally Indian public hates Pakistan and wants to destroy it, its not the other way round, Pakistani public wants to leave them alone and not get into a fight "except for afew biased sample from this forum - people who are obsessed with war and military, they'd want war all over the world, so if they say 'war on india' dont consider that as a Pakistani word -.

The logic behind Pakistani public not being as hateful as the Indians i see is as follows. Think about a feud between two brothers, the elder brother owns a piece of land and controls it, he is the head. But then the younger brother says he wants his share in the land and after a big struggle finally takes away a chunk of the land that now he himself controls and owns, he becomes the head of that partition. The younger brother after this is happy with what has happened and he is happy to have his own land. The older brother on the other hand would be pissed off at the younger brother for taking away some of the land he controlled prior- to the division. Hence he would keep on trying to cut the younger brothers water off, or destroy his crop so that he regrets the partition.

Add to that the BIG Mogul factor. Which is for 1300 years the younger brother had rule over the land, now when the turn came for the elder brother to rule, the younger brother quickly partitioned away.

Finally, i remember watching a documentary made by some Indian journalists over the Pak-India hate culture, and they showed some videos of Indian politicians campaigning for elections, where one of the leading parties leader went "rahey ga bharat rahey ga hindustan jo na rahey ga woh hai Pakistan!" and the crowd went wild on this statement. Also in Pakistan the popular party wins elections with landslides after promises of "Roti Kapra aur Makan" (fulfilling them is a whole other thing) but the Indian political campaigns include promises of increments of military budgets etc.

Conclusion: So the whole psychology on each side is different. The Indian masses hate Pakistan, the Pakistani masses don't really care, BUT the Pakistani army hates India, the Pakistani army is dominant over politics and the country. As the saying goes "Every country has a army, Pakistan army has a country".

Did you know the peace process started in the Swat region due to the approval of Pres Zardari him self? if he really considered solely them the perpetrators? why would he encourage them by listening to their demands?, after all what we Pakistani as a nation have gone through???

I did not interview nor write the speech for Pakistan's President Zardari. What I did point out is the source to the start of this thread. I have no opinion on this matter, but I was guessing, it would be a wise idea to have links to original source published, for a mature, healthy discussion to ever occur.

Thanks.

You know the real threat is most definetly "taliban" and not India. Because the taliban can come into my city and kill my family, India on the other hand would either proxy through the taliban(unlikely)
".

at one place your saying that indian's are taught to hate pak and at another your implying india is not behind the hateful acts againt us? isnt this sounds completely illogical or is it just me?Who is the one who started the nuclear and arm race in the subcontinent? Indians are poor but they want to have the best equipped army?may i ask for what? its true we both have the funda element...but the hate element in India is state sponsored and biased..... fundas on the indian side are mostly cowards and they like to pick on civilians like what they did in Gujrat and State army in Kashmir. i say heck with them who hates us. its about time we set the basics right and wage a hate war by banning everything from the Word Indian to the real live person.....as human beings at least we reserve this right? dont we Zovc?? thats logic but still our religion teaches us to live in peace and harmony an we have gone so soft that we think its our fault that they hate us? being in debt to the world bank is one thing., How much LOW you want an average Pakistani to get? Guilt for Why Indians hate us? give me a break man! :taz:

if Indians are not supplying Taliban with sort of resources that could engaged an army like we have for a year??then who is that nation who hates you that much that would not even utter few words of comfort over your pain and loss? WHO?

Conclusion: So the whole psychology on each side is different. The Indian masses hate Pakistan, the Pakistani masses don't really care, BUT the Pakistani army hates India, the Pakistani army is dominant over politics and the country. As the saying goes "Every country has a army, Pakistan army has a country".

You're right the Indian masses hate Pakistanis and most Pakistanis dont really care about Indians, they just want to live their lives but the Indian hatred towards Pakistan is a big threat to Pakistan.

I remember watching CNN during the time India and Pakistan was about to go on another war in 2002. A CNN reporter interviewed some Indian citizens, and one Indian said just nuke the entire Pakistan finish it all, kill all the people in Pakistan, eliminate the Pakistani race from the world...my family and I were shocked to see how much hatred regular Indian citizens have for Pakistanis.
I also remember getting free Indian channels in my dish network for a few days, you can see the Indian hatred towards Pakistan in their media, in their news channels, in their bollywood movies, which I boycotted a long time ago and I suggest all Pakistanis boycott them.

The Pakistani army has a reason to hate India.

at one place your saying that indian's are taught to hate pak and at another your implying india is not behind the hateful acts againt us? isnt this sounds completely illogical or is it just me?Who is the one who started the nuclear and arm race in the subcontinent? Indians are poor but they want to have the best equipped army?may i ask for what? its true we both have the funda element...but the hate element in India is state sponsored and biased..... fundas on the indian side are mostly cowards and they like to pick on civilians like what they did in Gujrat and State army in Kashmir. i say heck with them who hates us. its about time we set the basics right and wage a hate war by banning everything from the Word Indian to the real live person.....as human beings at least we reserve this right? dont we Zovc?? thats logic but still our religion teaches us to live in peace and harmony an we have gone so soft that we think its our fault that they hate us? being in debt to the world bank is one thing., How much LOW you want an average Pakistani to get? Guilt for Why Indians hate us? give me a break man! :taz:

if Indians are not supplying Taliban with sort of resources that could engaged an army like we have for a year??then who is that nation who hates you that much that would not even utter few words of comfort over your pain and loss? WHO?

I never implied that India was not a threat, it most definitely is. But taliban are a threat on the personal level.

About the weapons, ask the Army officials, they will tell you about the home-made Ak-47s and rocket launchers. These people make guns with their bare hands - (first trained by the Americans) .

Here watch this video:

The thing i cant swallow about the RAW backing of Taliban is that, these people base their war over the moral of Islam and imposition of Sharia and anti-American sentiment. I dont see how you could fit accepting support from India in there, the taliban consider them as "kafirs", they would never accept their help.

What i do know is the India and Israel are supporting BLA in Balochistan, which is unquestionable, that is not a Islamic movement.

Last edited by a moderator:
other than 1971, during russian invasion in afghanistan india took advantage of the situation and opened a new front on siachin. they wanted to attack our nuclear facilities with the help of israel. then makes indian think that we should not consider them as threat???

agreed 100%
you simply cant overlook a nation that has been trying to destroy u since ur existence

Back
Top Bottom