What's new

Who is an Indian?

Pakistan belonging to India is as desperate a claim as an illegitimate child seeking a wealthy heir. Pakistani wealth is in its history, inheritors of ancient civilisation bharatis can only dream of

Pashputi and Proto shiva and minatoan bull like figurines are found in Minoan culture, are you going to steal that history as well?

IVC belongs to Pakistanis, we are not your fathers, your fathers are central, south India and Ganges basin people

What an enormously STUPID thing to say. Hell you guys will cook $hit right out of thin air. There is very little known about the IVC. At least one possible theory is that they were completely overran and slaughtered by the ARyans as they invaded the subcontinent. You just cook up ancestors, theories and whatnot.

Pakistan forever

Does this line by you mean

That north INDIANS , Punjabis . hindu Punjabis , Brahmins Are not Indians.

I am a JAT PUNJABI and I'm of indian heritage

north East Indians OR those that live near assam or tibetan himlayers border are they not Indians

You do realise THAT IN EVERY COUNTRY there are races of different ancestory.

Do they not teach this things in Pakistani schools

I didn't give an exhaustive list. As I myself am not indian I do not know the complete list of all indian races and communities. That is for you indian people to know. Have never ever been to a Pakistani school or educational institute. Was born raised and have lived in England my entire life. Have been through the British educational and university system.

identity confused

Confused sonny is you. Living in Ganga India or Dravid India and you have such inferiority complex that you are prepared to disowm your forefathers from Ganga basin or Dravid India ( depending from where you are ) and delude yourself that Indus was land of your forefathers.

Get a map sometime and mark where you are and where Indus is. Just to remind you 90% of Indus basin is in Pakistan with rest in Afghanistan, China and India. Indus is to Pakistan what Eygpt is to Nile.

Indus Basin - Pakistan

Indus.jpg

And where are you from?

Ganga Basin India

GangaMap.png

Dravid India

south-india-travel-map.jpg

Oh... Then how the demography changed in Pakistan in just while we remained what we were .....
Is 'Indian' an ethnic group? No - in South Asia ethnic groups are defined along different lines (tied in with language) such as Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashtun, Baloch, Gujarati etc.

'Indian' is certainly not a racial group, at least not by any currently established anthropological categories.

So at this point in time 'Indian' is nothing more than a nationality - a term for those who hold Indian citizenship.

Why do some people find this concept so hard to grasp?

Confused sonny is you. Living in Ganga India or Dravid India and you have such inferiority complex that you are prepared to disowm your forefathers from Ganga basin or Dravid India ( depending from where you are ) and delude yourself that Indus was land of your forefathers.

Get a map sometime and mark where you are and where Indus is. Just to remind you 90% of Indus basin is in Pakistan with rest in Afghanistan, China and India. Indus is to Pakistan what Eygpt is to Nile.

Indus Basin - Pakistan

Indus.jpg

And where are you from?

Ganga Basin India

GangaMap.png

Dravid India

south-india-travel-map.jpg

I'm quite confident that even that factory of vile lies called history text books in Paistan won't be making this claim. And while you're at it why don't you claim the Vikings as your ancestors too.

I am a JAT PUNJABI and I'm of indian heritage
What's 'Indian heritage' ex
While filling up Auckland university form I was asked to mention my ethnicity. One of the option was Indian.
That would be an incorrect option, unless the reference was to the Native American 'Indians'.

While filling up Auckland university form I was asked to mention my ethnicity. One of the option was Indian.
On further thought - how do you view your linguistic identity?

What's 'Indian heritage' ex

That would be an incorrect option, unless the reference was to the Native American 'Indians'.

Lol
You should tell that to Auckland university which ranks #87 in the world.
I'm sure ppl running the universiry have more knowledge than you and me. :)

Is 'Indian' an ethnic group? No - in South Asia ethnic groups are defined along different lines (tied in with language) such as Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashtun, Baloch, Gujarati etc.

'Indian' is certainly not a racial group, at least not by any currently established anthropological categories.

So at this point in time 'Indian' is nothing more than a nationality - a term for those who hold Indian citizenship.

Why do some people find this concept so hard to grasp?

Indian 'civilization' is the basis. Not ethnic group. Before the arrival of Islam the spread of Hindu civilization, but most importantly the vast spread of values is what people refer to The Bamyan Buddhas in Afghanistan, all the way to the Frescoes of Ramayana in Thai Royal Palace show the great spread and breadth of this civilization. You don't need to be of a certain ethnic type to subscribe to those values.

Funny to see Indians always trying to latch onto Pakistani identity. I will not lie, you guys were our loyal mulazims for 1000 years and it must be hard to part ways. This just further proves the strength of your loyalty, but we are two different nations with different identities and culture.

Indian 'civilization' is the basis.
There is no such thing - the history of South Asia incorporates multiple civilizations, empires and kingdoms.

Choosing to arbitrarily call it all an 'Indian Civilization' to appropriate all regional history as part of an expansionist Hindutva ideology doesn't make it so.

Because some people want to reincarnation of the British "Open Prison" India so they can claim everything from Afghanistan to Myanmar as their realm.

British Indian Empire 1909

Brit_IndianEmpireReligions3.jpg

Indus valley civilization is 5000 years old. Everything from migration to invasions have taken place in the 'little period' from then to now. Takes a helluva lot of pot smoker to start saying that people who founded the Indus valley are your ancestors. Second, the Indus Valley Civiliation had also presence in areas like Gujarat and Central India. In your ignorance you imagined that it was restricted to the North West.

Back
Top Bottom