Who has better Air Force India or Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saahir Malik

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
I was wondering what will be pakistans stand if china and India starts war.Do Pakistan get involved in such war openly by standing besides their all weather friend china or they will remain neutral.What will be best for Pakistan interests

In a short skirmish like 26 & 27 feb, anyone or both can gain the upper hand.
But in a long war, definitely IAF.

Complicated question and answer. IAF has more platforms and aircraft to try and pursue offensive operations against Pakistan, then Pakistans ability against India but lacks the force multiplers required to pull off such a strategy.

However, PAF has far better platforms to form a defensive strategy and wear down the Indian Airforce into oblivion..

I really think PAF right now interms of each air arms ability to meet their objectives ... they have a plan, a war doctrine and its aircraft are matched to them. Indian Airforce is random right now, and would get destroyed by PAF currently.

I was wondering what will be pakistans stand if china and India starts war.Do Pakistan get involved in such war openly by standing besides their all weather friend china or they will remain neutral.What will be best for Pakistan interests

In 1962 Ayub Khan passed up the opportunity (offered by Mao) after JFK and Indian leaders promised him that non-involvement in the China-India War will result in a negotiation to resolve Kashmir. Of course Indians lied and completely went back on their word, resulting in war breaking out in 1965.

Fast forward to today where India still isnt interested in any meaningful dialogue and has zero desire to actually sit down and negotiate Kashmir peacefully. So making the same mistake twice would be foolish.

Regarding PAF vs IAF it depends on many factors like duration and deployment areas. The skirmish last year clearly showed PAF is superior in terms of tactics and execution, but previous wars show that after some time the shear volume of Indian platforms eventually begins to wear them down. Of course if India redeployed many of its assets towards China then its a different story.

IAF has the advantage, however this advantage has been steadily eroding. IAF is in big trouble if a two front war breaks out.

My view is that Pakistan will not get involved in a skirmish with India and China. They will not remain non aligned but will not actively participate. This does not have to do with the Air force or Military superiority. Battles are won by people and machines but Wars are won or lost at strategic level.
In this battle, at a strategic level Pakistan does not have much to gain.

IAF has the advantage, however this advantage has been steadily eroding. IAF is in big trouble if a two front war breaks out.
Two front war will not help Pakistan and China. Here are the two major reasons.
  • USA will not lose it's key economic assets in India
  • Russia will not like to lose it's key customer.
There is more motivation for other countries to keep Indian Ocean conflict free. That can be topic for different thread.

If Pakistan get involved in India China issue, it'll be que for other countries to involve in the field too. As such China has deliberately making sure that Pakistan doesn't even say anything on the matter even now.

There is more motivation for other countries to keep Indian Ocean conflict free. That can be topic for different thread.
I will say that I think a war is unlikely. However, USA's influence in Pakistan has greatly diminished. Kashmir has been Pakistan's military/foreign policy objective since partition. Sadly, Kashmir issue can only be settled through conventional warfare. Dialog and unconventional warfare will not work or are not permitted. I would not assume Pakistan would not engage in a two front war.

Russia will remain neutral and play a peacemaker role. USA will have to accept the outcome, kind of like Crimea.

Last edited:

Would they actually do anything beyond reactionary statements and possibly sanctions? I dont see why either of them would want to risk losing a far more important economic partner in China just to milk a few more billion out of India.

Even the Russians have been opening up more arms exports to the largest enemy of India, which is Pakistan, so I doubt they actually care that much.

Stupid Question.
You will be long dead by the time to get the True Answer

A possibility of a short but decisive precision joint strike to annex strategic locations in Kashmir and Ladakh cannot be ruled out. Duration could be in between 3 days to max a week. Right time will be extreme winter conditions.

The main goal of this strike could be security of CPEC route passing through Gilgit Baltistan. Major role would be played by Pakistani Armed Forces. China will engage Indian Armed Forces in various border fronts so that Pakistan could easily counter the Indian armed forces retaliatory offensive actions in Punjab and Sindh borders. Naval support could be beefed up by China around Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea to counter and minimize Indian naval threat to PN.

After the successful execution, the Indian retaliation would be countered by adopting defensive instance.

Though strike could be of short duration, but Indian retaliation may continue for a longer time. Our armed forces are well prepared to answer the Indian retaliation.

Last edited:
US does not have many economic assets in India and Russia I think doesn't care too much about India either considering its exports to India have been declining recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom