What's new

Who does Pakistan relate to more - Asia or Middle East?

I should have clarified.

Fom Afghanistan onwards I do not regard as Asia in the traditional sense. Asia for me begins from Pakistan.

CARs are central russian whatever states. They don't have much in common with Asia along with Afghanistan. Like Iran, they are not Asians.
But what countries you think from asia we should get closer to. Apart from pakistan you have removed almost everyone out of asias map.

As of pakistan then balochistan ,gwadar are more located towards mid east, southern province sindh and punjab are in south asia, gb and northern ajk are towards central asian region. I mean pakistan itself doesnt completely fall in one specific division of asia. Like india is compeltely south asian but pakistan geography falls in diverse regions.

Anyways , i get CARs are gone.
Iran is gone.
Mid east is gone.
Afghanistan is gone.

But please dont include india and bangladesh in that asia you want us to be friends with.

I am ethnic Pathan and ethnic Punjabi mixed. My Mother's side is from Afghanistan, and my father's side is from United Provinces of Agra and Oudh. But my father is Punjabi.

Oh excellent. I am from Isloo as well. I am also from Rawalpindi.

Would you like to have chai together some time? I did the name calling because you started questioning my Pakistani identity. If you want to DISAGREE with me. Thats fine.

Then educate me then if you think I don't know genius.

Most Pakistanis may have Arabic names, even like myself. But having an Arabic or Farsi name does not make you ethnic Arab or ethnic Persian.

like for example there are many Pakistanis with the name Ahsan or Shahryar. Does that make them Persian?
i think you didnot get my point. I am talking about surnames not first names. Surnames that are used to denote tribes. Lets leave this discussion it would take us nowhere.

i think you didnot get my point. I am talking about surnames not first names. Surnames that are used to denote tribes. Lets leave this discussion it would take us nowhere.
Fine we will discuss this for another time. You do make some good posts. Hoping to converse with you more some time.

but I will admit that because of religion we have more in common with Central Asia and Middle East.
Truely epic !!!
You have contradicted yourself in this post.
Pakistanis are confused about their identity and lineage, messed up indeed.

Apart from religion what similarity with mid east? Theres none except for arab descent tribes and syeds of paksitan out which 98 pc arab descent tribes and syeds are all fakes, they are local Pakistanis from punjab , rest of provinces and majority are migrants from up and bihar who were locals of those regions and later on for odd enough reasons cooked up arab lineages.
Closest Middle Eastern nation to us culturally and ethnically is Iran.. followed by Oman (whose 35+% population is Baloch)..

Truely epic !!!
How so?

How is a Panjabi,Pashtun,Baloch,Sindhi,Hazara,Sheena,Hunzutz,Wakhi,Tajik,Sheen,Khowar,Sarieki,Hazarawal,Balti,Kashmiri etc confused about his lineage or identity?

I am ethnic Pathan and ethnic Punjabi mixed. My Mother's side is from Afghanistan, and my father's side is from United Provinces of Agra and Oudh. But my father is Punjabi.
How is your father Panjabi if hes from UP?

Truely epic !!!
No I did not.

Closest Middle Eastern nation to us culturally and ethnically is Iran.. followed by Oman (whose 35+% population is Baloch)..

How so?

How is a Panjabi,Pashtun,Baloch,Sindhi,Hazara,Sheena,Hunzutz,Wakhi,Tajik,Sheen,Khowar,Sarieki,Hazarawal,Balti,Kashmiri etc confused about his lineage or identity?

How is your father Panjabi if hes from UP?
He used to live in Agra for naukri back in pre-partition days.

I guess you would call my father's side a Punjabi Muhajir.

India and Bangladesh also have huge Muslim populations, so even under religious considerations you guys have most in common with us rather than any Arab.

Maybe with the Muslims of India and Bangladesh.

but not with the Hindus of India.
:lol:
Messed up indeed.
Are you guys told that being of a certain religion changes the genetic makeup/characteristics of an individual?

Remember that many centuries ago the ancestors of all south Asians were not Muslims.

It’s like saying North Koreans have more in common with Cubans rather than South Koreans just because they believe in communist philosophy.

Hats off to you !
:rofl:

How so?

We arent ethnically related nor culturally.

I have as much common with a bihari or a bangladeshi muslim as i have with a somali.
To be frank, People cannot distinguish between a Pakistani or India if they randomly meet in person.
I am sure I can’t.

But surely anyone can distinguish between a Pakistani and Somali just by looking at them.

:lol:
Messed up indeed.
Are you guys told that being of a certain religion changes the genetic makeup/characteristics of an individual?

Remember that many centuries ago the ancestors of all south Asians were not Muslims.

It’s like saying North Koreans have more in common with Cubans rather than South Koreans just because they believe in communist philosophy.

Hats off to you !
:rofl:

To be frank, People cannot distinguish between a Pakistani or India if they randomly meet in person.
I am sure I can’t.

But surely anyone can distinguish between a Pakistani and Somali just by looking at them.
Im pretty sure white ppl can’t differentiate between Pak n arab .. does that make me an arab?

Last edited:
Being muslims we are able to relate a lot of muslim countries easily especially middle eastern, Gulf, Turkey, Central Asia. Maybe South East Asian and African muslim countries not soo much.

And being subcontinental we are able to relate to India, Banglades etc.

Im pretty sure whitw ppl cannt differentiate between Pak n arab .. make me an arab?
I am pretty sure that If an alien visits us today then he might not be able to tell the difference between any two people,
Now that doesn’t change the fact that majority of Pakistanis are south Asian just like an Indian.

An Arab is ethnically different from a Pakistani even though you guys might share a religion.

I can’t argue more on this topic.
I don’t believe that Pakistanis are closer to Arabs than south Asians, if you believe that than good but the Arabs will never consider a Pakistani as one of their own.

Seriously i doubt you are even a pakistani. You dont know single thing about pakistan, ypu follow views of a fake joker mullah zakir naik and to u no pakistani claims arab lineage.

Then who are those tonnes of syeds, bukharis, abbasis, qureshis, hashmis, siddiquis, farooquis, wahidis, zuberis ,zaidis and tonnes of more arab surname people who also claim that our surnames tell we are from arab lineage. Almost half of karachi population have such names. Then many such in punjab and kpk.

What world are you living in, instead of showing ignorance on forums go and learn things.

@Iqbal Ali

He is right..

There are some surnames that belong exclusively to Arabs.. For example, Syeds.. Hashmis, Siddiquis, Farooquis, Uthmanis, etc.. Though I don't believe they constitute majority.. But they are..

Most of them, specially syeds, carry their hierarchy tree (called Shajrah) with them and pass it on to the next generation.

Most of the Pakistanis are natives.. Such has Sindhi tribes line Junejos, Bhuttos, etc etc.. Most of the Punjabis are also natives..

Back
Top Bottom