What's new

White Woman Works as Dishwasher in Hong Kong

Hafizzz

Reaction score
White Woman Works as Dishwasher in Hong Kong
Headline of Apple Daily: White Woman Works as Dishwasher in Hong Kong | Dictionary of Politically Incorrect Hong Kong Cantonese

The article on the left is titled “Pitiful Pig”, which is about an injured wild boar. “Pitiful Pig” can also mean “Poor Baby” in Cantonese slang. Netizens think that the title is served as Apple Daily’s opinion on the white woman working as a dishwasher in Hong Kong.

fanny2.jpg

07la1p1.jpg

Fanny, a 60-year-old Swiss national, who has lived in Hong Kong for 30 years, now works as a dishwasher in a skewers restaurant in Yaumatei.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in the world of globalisation like now, a salary or a kind of job is not defined by race. Of course China, HK to be particular, has attracted many foreigners with its business and job opportunity as its economy rises fast, and not all western foreigners are wealthy as portrayed. Where there is sugar, there is ant.

The funny question I found in this article is, are white people portrayed that high, that a white lady work as a dishwasher in a foreign country became a news? It is not even odd for me seeing an old white lady working in a laundry in Bali, why should a lady working as a dishwasher become special?

White men are human with lucks, and Hongkong offers lucks and surely people will go there to find their luck. Many found much, many found few. It is normal.

So what?

Hong Kong has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world.

Hell, even getting "residency" in HK requires either very high qualifications (PhD's etc.) or an investment of over $1.3 million USD in our markets.

If you're not satisfied with just HK residency, and you want full Chinese citizenship too, forget about it. Difficult is an understatement.

I am kind of comfortable to have her handling the dishes for me BUT please not by people from one particular country.
FACT no offense!

And the money is okay for a labourer I think, yes?

I am kind of comfortable to have her handling the dishes for me BUT please not by people from one particular country.
FACT no offense!

And the money is okay for a labourer I think, yes?

Don't eat in Chungking Mansions then buddy. :azn:

And the salary should be alright for her, even though it's not exactly high skilled work.

Don't eat in Chungking Mansions then buddy. :azn:

And the salary should be alright for her, even though it's not exactly high skilled work.

That is what I'm saying for unskilled worker at her age the salary is decent for her.

chung-king-mansions.jpg

For example, some small and family-run Indian and Pakistani restaurants with traditional Indian curry and Nepalese food are very well known. Due to competition between the very large number of restaurants inside the Mansions that are similar in style, many of them send staff to distribute leaflets on the streets to aggressively promote their restaurants.[5]

Chungking Mansions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not a fan of hot and spicy dishes so it dosnt bother me at all! Thanks buddy!

Unless it is Sichuan cuisine, I love Sichuan cuisine. :P

Or Malaysian Chinese dishes like Laksa, very spicy but very nice.

Good to see these on tasty moods in the morning!

I remember you like this dont you?

beijing-roast-duck.gif

Credit: chinavtour

if so, there we have a great dish in common buddy!:tup:

Back
Top Bottom