What's new

While India paid 240 m for each Rafale, Qatar buys same Rafale at 110 m

The calculators used by the Indian in the Rafael deal were make in India.

Do explain using your make in India calculator. We in Pakistan can't do the math

I know that your math is poor.

3.3 bn USD for plane. 1.7 bn USD for weapons, 1.5 BN USD for one time india specific changes for integrating Indian weapon and rewriting the spectra active cancellation codes, rest is for setting up maintenenc shop (One time) , 75% availability guarantee and spare reserve.

3.3 bn USD for plane. 1.7 bn USD for weapons, 1.5 BN USD for one time india specific changes for integrating Indian weapon and rewriting the spectra active cancellation codes, rest is for setting up maintenenc shop (One time) , 75% availability guarantee and spare reserve.
Loool Indians.
3.3 +1.7+1.5 = 6.5 billion. You paid 8.7 billion(see article below) for 36. NOW MY MATH IS POOR AS YOU SAY
but what happened to 2.2 billion.

https://thediplomat.com/2017/12/the...ial-threat-to-france-india-defense-relations/

Loool Indians.
3.3 +1.7+1.5 = 6.5 billion. You paid 8.7 billion(see article below) for 36. NOW MY MATH IS POOR AS YOU SAY

https://thediplomat.com/2017/12/the...ial-threat-to-france-india-defense-relations/

See what poor education do to a person. He can not read a simple post and comprehend.

See what poor education do to a person. He can not read a simple post and comprehend.
Excuses. You cant even add up. You quoted the numbers not me and the numbers didn't even add up whilst claiming that we Pakistanis can't add. You have no argument and highlighted yourself as totally foolish and ignorant

Loool Indians.

The fly away cost for a single Rafale airframe is $85 Million (according to official french documents)
So for 36 Rafales = 36 x 85 = $3.06 Billion

IAF is getting two types of air to air missiles as well as two types of air to ground missiles.
So the weapons package per Rafale costs around $25 million (average) = 36 x 25 = $900 Million

Setting up of two bases and maintenance depots costs $1.2 Billion

The deal said that it would cover 10 years of maintenance and spares. The total LCC is calculated for 40 years
and it comes to around 2.5 times the price of airframes (average).
Hence, for 10 years = 2.5 x 3.06 / 4 = $1.92 Billion ($53.4 Million per Rafale)

So far, the total adds upto $7.08 Billion.
The remaining 8.8 - 7.08 = $1.72 Billion is for ToT and covers the 50% offsets
(that means, 8.8 / 2 = $4.4 Billion will be re-invested back in India)

Quoting $240 Million/ Rafale is just plain stupid. What people don't understand is that
if India goes for remaining 90 Rafales for MMRCA, we'll have to pay only for the airframes,
weapon and maintenance, since the two bases being set-up can handle three squadrons each without major expenditure

That is 90 * ( 85 + 25 + 53.4 ) = $14.7 Billion excluding another $500 Million for upgradation of the bases.
(again with 50% offsets)

So the total cost for 126 Rafales will be $24 Billion (pretty close to the $20 Billion quoted in the original
MMRCA deal adjusting for inflation and ToT)

(Note - The figures are estimates and only provided to give you an idea as to the real cost break-up structure.
The cost for 90 remaining jets will increase due to the 'Make in India' initiative for setting up assembly line.
But the re-investment will compensate most of the additional cost)

The fly away cost for a single Rafale airframe is $85 Million (according to official french documents)

IAF is getting two types of air to air missiles as well as two types of air to ground missiles.
So the weapons package per Rafale costs around $25 million (average) = 36 x 25 = $900 Million

The deal said that it would cover 10 years of maintenance and spares. The total LCC is calculated for 40 years

Quoting $240 Million/ Rafale is just plain stupid. What people don't understand is that
if India goes for remaining 90 Rafales for MMRCA, we'll have to pay only for the airframes,
weapon and maintenance, since the two bases being set-up can handle three squadrons each without major expenditure

That is 90 * ( 85 + 25 + 53.4 ) = $14.7 Billion excluding another $500 Million for upgradation of the bases.
(again with 50% offsets)

So the total cost for 126 Rafales will be $24 Billion (pretty close to the $20 Billion quoted in the original

(Note - The figures are estimates and only provided to give you an idea as to the real cost break-up structure.
The cost for 90 remaining jets will increase due to the 'Make in India' initiative for setting up assembly line.
Look I don't care but when someone and not you quotes figure and they can't even do basic maths they shouldn't shout of their mouth. Even you said 24 billion is close to 20 billion. Now I terms of percentages it's huge 4 billion can buy every Indian a toilet. So no the figures are not close.
Best thing would be if both India and Pakistan sit down and trash out Kashmir so we stop wasting money on trying to kill each other and focus on important matters like education food and infrastructure as a whole. But I think cricket rivalry cannot ever finish.

Look I don't care but when someone and not you quotes figure and they can't even do basic maths they shouldn't shout of their mouth. Even you said 24 billion is close to 20 billion. Now I terms of percentages it's huge 4 billion can buy every Indian a toilet. So no the figures are not close.

Best thing would be if both India and Pakistan sit down and trash out Kashmir so we stop wasting money on trying to kill each other and focus on important matters like education food and infrastructure as a whole. But I think cricket rivalry cannot ever finish.

respect your views sir , but i guess Bharat never considers pakistan as an enemy state , my understanding and perception are same . definitely not the same feelings for china though .

respect your views sir , but i guess Bharat never considers pakistan as an enemy state , my understanding and perception are same . definitely not the same feelings for china though .
My dear neighbour people like you may not but many do on both sides. Politicians exploit people foe their own purpose.

All well and good, but corruption in these deals could not be ignored. May be some hike in price is gone there.

A year before that Egyptian had bought 24 Rafales at 1.5 times the cost paid by India.

The simple mindedness of this conspiracy theory hinting at corruption is infantile.
Corruption is not so apparent, even in defense purchases.

If you want a cost break up of the Rafale deal, which did infact include the weapons, 2 air bases and a 10 year end to end support agreement. File a RTI and find out.

Best part is all the people still replying to this butthurt (and non-Indian) OP title....even after your post.

A special gathering of muttal (as we say in Tamil hehe).

india are rich, want contribute more to french military industry
Fat cow:yahoo:

French will send some
upload_2017-12-17_2-12-28.png
cheese.

This is a follow on order, stupid.
They have already made a purchase of 24 Rafales @ $8B
Total amount for 24+12=36 is $9,3B = $258M per aircraft.
The aircrafts were therefore $18M cheaper for India.

That is a total of $648M that Modi probably payed Dassault out of his own pocket.
A prime minister that spends that amount of private money to reduce the strain of the
budget is to be PRAISED!

Now, we know that this is not what happened...
The Indian order for 36 Rafale included MUCH more than just the aircraft, and you know this very well.

View attachment 441538

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/09/qatar-agrees-buy-24-fighter-jets-britain-170917174003165.html
Don't bother answering the serial troller, false flagger. He just ain't worth it.

Why Rafael Price is more or at par of F-35? Isn't it strange countries still buying 4.5 Gen in price of 5th Gen?

(again with 50% offsets)

..you reply to troll...and you get wiser...
you can participate in an discussion, but never in an argument...
Leave the trolls ....just enjoy the threads....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom