What's new

Which language do you use to talk to your siblings?

But we don't use the word "wada" and I really struggle to make sense of the sentences of Jangli/Saraiki where "wada" is involved, it is one of the most confusing word for someone like me in Gujranwala who have no idea or equivalent of this word in our local language.

This word is used when you are telling someone what you are doing or someone else is doing

This word is used when you are telling someone what you are doing or someone else is doing

For example in this following song, if I replace "wada" with "piya" then it makes perfect sense to me but what are the rules where "wada" is preferred over "piya" and vice versa.

if I replace "wada" with "piya"

We use both of these words in different situation piya is used only if someone is lying or sleeping
Wada is used in sentences like
Main khel rha hon main Ghar pa hon etc

This singer is from Jhang her name is Anmol sial

We use both of these words in different situation piya is used only if someone is lying or sleeping
Wada is used in sentences like
Main khel rha hon main Ghar pa hon etc

This singer is from Jhang her name is Anmol sial

But for some strange reasons when we use "piya" in our language in Gujranwala, we are using it essentially as a helping verb for continuous tense, so you don't need to be sleeping or lying on something for "piya" to be used in a sentence for you.
Example,

He is going to school.
I can say it in three ways like
1-- Oh school jaan diya jay
2-- Oh school janda piya jay
3-- Oh school jaa riya jay

No. 3 is imported from Lahore and eastern areas, our previous generations in Gujranwala never used "riya" to form continuous tense but alway used "diya" or "piya" forms.

Last edited:
I would say it like
ooh school janda piya hai

One interesting thing you might have noticed that we in Gujranwala/Lahore area use this word "jay" sometimes instead of "ay" for english word "is". The rule is if I am talking to myself then I will say

Oh school janda piya ay

But if I am informing a person in front of me about some kid going to school then I would say

Oh school janda piya jay

So that is the context of my use of "jay" in above sentences as I was reporting it to you so I used the form "jay" instead of the infinitive form "ay".

We don't use such of words
Waisay woh singer jo exactly hmaray jasia gatay Hain exact same words and pronounciation unki you tube videos par seraiki songs likha hota hai

We don't use such of words
Waisay woh singer jo exactly hmaray jasia gatay Hain exact same words and prounounciation unki you tube videos par seraiki songs likha hota hai

Actually we use "jay" to give news to someone about an event taking place, standard is "ay" when the purpose is not to disclose a news but to just describe something happening out there.

I have noticed that most of the Saraiki/Hindko songs always have "Punjabi" also added to their titles at least on youtube it is always written as "Punjabi/Saraiki" song even if it is in pure Saraiki of south Punjab.

Personally I feel that Jangli resembles 60-70% with Saraiki and 30-40% with Punjabi as for as vocabulary/grammar etc. is concerned. But Jangli accent is quite unique, it sounds distinct from both Saraikis of south punjab as well as punjabis of Lahore/Gujranwala/Sialkot region. Saraiki accent of Multan side often sounds like very polite almost feminine. Jangli accent is miles away from it despite sharing a huge amount of vocabulary and grammatical features with Saraiki.

These are the tribes or castes from my district which one they share with us
KALOANA SIAL
* Ramana Sial
* Qazi
* Khokhar
* Bharwana Sial
* Janjyana
* Bhujwana sial
* Rujbaba
* Bhabrana
* Sargana
* Sadhana
* salyana
* Mighiana
* Ghumnana
* Mohal
* Bhatti
* Bhangu
* Purnaya
* Chadhar
* Haral
* Nissowana
* Ghenjera
* Lak
* Fatyana
* Sial
* Sipra
* Sheikh
* Syed
* Jalal khanana
* Qureshi
* Gujjar
* Rajput
* Jatts
* Dab
* Jabboana
* Aheer
* Arain
* Awan
* Baloch
* Chela
* Bhatti
* Kohja Jat
* Chadhar
* Dhudhi
* Gilotar
* Gujjar
* Haral
* Randhawa
* Jhandir
* Johiya
* Kathia
* Khokhar
* Lali
* Nekokara
* Mahra
* Marral
* Naul
* Naswana
* Pathan
* Sial
* Naul
* Qureshi
* Sangra
* Harya
* Sipra
* Nalere
* Thaheem
* Chela[9]
* Bughlaira Khokhar
* Kaloana

Don't feed this indian troll, they are all same POS, aina da kaan hamesha chitta honda ay.

Is ki mjhay smjh nhi ayi

I don't know but it means that some people are hell bent on believing that crow is of white color irrespective of how many times you prove to them that crow is of black color, but they stick to their belief that crow is of white color so we say in such situation that "oye aiday tay time zaya na kar, aida kaan(kawa) chitta ay".

Back
Top Bottom