What's new

Which is the second best BVR fighter (after F-22)?

Hi,

At maximum range---russian bvr missiles have a very low probability of kill--that is why---aircraft like the su 30 are programmed to launch a barrage of missile---2--4--6 at each target..

They also have a very low probability to kill even in near combat. During the operation Desert Storm, multiple times, the Mig-25's and 29's fired 4-5 BVR missiles against the F-15's and couldn't hit squat. A couple of times, the Migs were able to escape due to F-15 being too busy in fighting the BVR missiles and doing evasive maneuvers. The remainder of the time, well, an AMRAAM was able to put a stop to the barrage of missiles. This following is actually true when it comes to that :lol:

Cobra_Manuever.gif

nowayds I am dreaming of making a 1000 yard short---so I am researching what rifle I need to buy---what is holding me back is that there are no 1000 yards ranges in southern california--maybe a 100 yards range---so I am coaxing my wife to sell the house and buy property in Idaho----.
The Angeles national forest shooting range is 600 yards, it used to be my favorite range, it's especially a good area to ride your motorcycle, if you still ride, I cant remember if raahauge's range in corona was a 100 or 150 yard range, but they have the nicest people there, also there Handgun shooting pits are the best . You can also shoot in BLM land over by Rialto or drive down 215 towards victorville, all of that lytle creek area upto something Junction I forget the name over 15 is all BLM land, try speaking to the BLM, they might be able to get you some areas where you can shoot,

The Angeles national forest shooting range is 600 yards, it used to be my favorite range, it's especially a good area to ride your motorcycle, if you still ride, I cant remember if raahauge's range in corona was a 100 or 150 yard range, but they have the nicest people there, also there Handgun shooting pits are the best . You can also shoot in BLM land over by Rialto or drive down 215 towards victorville, all of that lytle creek area upto something Junction I forget the name over 15 is all BLM land, try speaking to the BLM, they might be able to get you some areas where you can shoot,

Hi,

I think due to fires---Angeles ranges is shut down. Rahaagues is 100 yards---and Lytle creek is 200---that is the next trip. Thanks.

I have looked into BLM land---but lots of areas are being shut down due to fires and trash that is leftover.

i guess the best BVR Fighter after F22 is F35 and then its F15SE and then Rafale and then Flnkers(Su35-su30MKI)

the EFT with the captor-e and the meteor bvraam
meteor_launch_fs.jpg

F-35 hands down.
its a good bird yes no doubt but it not all about getting as close as possible with out eeing seen and then firing the missile. the f35 needs to be subsonic when firing also it's weapons bays doors open compromising it also look at it's range nowhere near enough suitable for strike missions.

Each fighter of 4+ generation has its advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, in the real fight, the best fighter - is the one with the best pilot.

I heard the Gripen will feature in the new Top Gun flick! I always liked this fighter and the Swedes are marvellous designers

the EFT with the captor-e and the meteor bvraam
meteor_launch_fs.jpg

its a good bird yes no doubt but it not all about getting as close as possible with out eeing seen and then firing the missile. the f35 needs to be subsonic when firing also it's weapons bays doors open compromising it also look at it's range nowhere near enough suitable for strike missions.
F-35 has more fuel than Typhoon. Thanks to stealth it can shot down 4 gen planes without them even seeing it. F-35 is simply in another league nothing to discuss here.

F-35 has more fuel than Typhoon. Thanks to stealth it can shot down 4 gen planes without them even seeing it. F-35 is simply in another league nothing to discuss here.

No such thing as stealth. Plus F-35 is a strike fighter like Su-34. It is not built for air to air combat.

1. F-22
2. F-35
3. F-15

Last edited:
what about range and agiity, when the typhoon catches up to the f35 it finished. do note we are likley to buy the 3b variant which is significantly more agile and stealthy the previous 3a so it kind like the f15 se i guess. actually i heard you guys want 24 of the silent eagle's or is that a rumour?. the captor e radar is a very powerfull radar once its seen you, your toast. granted the f35 is by far no slouch

what about range and agiity, when the typhoon catches up to the f35 it finished. do note we are likley to buy the 3b variant which is significantly more agile and stealthy the previous 3a so it kind like the f15 se i guess.
WVR combat usually wins one who sees his opponent first. But topic is about BVR anyway.

actually i heard you guys want 24 of the silent eagle's or is that a rumour?. the captor e radar is a very powerfull radar once its seen you, your toast. granted the f35 is by far no slouch
Yes its a rumor.

Back
Top Bottom