What's new

Which is the real IT superpower – India or China?

I don't know about IT. But india is the call center superpower. They even hire people that do not speak English to answer American calls.

This was in early 90's. Now most US companies have moved their call centers to countries such as Philippines, Brazil etc that are near to US time zone.

Most of the Indian IT is essentially IT development outsourced by major US and European Companies

It has not even given .1 % of its domestic shares to countries abroad.. You can see a handful of Indian companies in china and vice-versa in a face saving measure to convince the world that we live in complete harmony.

one of the reasons why indian software companies cant get a foothold in China is because our platform is in Chinese
Our software engineers/ programmers/ IT people are as good as anyone else on the planet!

because indians use H1B/H2B visas to outbid the US and European companies on the cheap.

Yes, people do outsourcing when they can do it cheap elsewhere. Plain economics.

one of the reasons why indian software companies cant get a foothold in China is because our platform is in Chinese
Our software engineers/ programmers/ IT people are as good as anyone else on the planet!

Nothing personal against the Chinese. I was just highlighting the critics in your programming world. Chinese software's are good for domestic markets.. Make your markets open and Step out and that would answer the Thread starter's question. Who leads the IT superpower Tag..

Closing the door and force feeding the domestic mass on your softwares might generate revenue but not supremacy.

Yes, people do outsourcing when they can do it cheap elsewhere. Plain economics.

it is not about the skills of indians who win the contract

also there is the trust factor (apart from language (spoken and written) skills, cost factors). That is why many contracts are going to india!

The top programming and coding countries in the world are China, Russia, USA and Japan (irrespective of order)

Nothing personal against the Chinese. I was just highlighting the critics in your programming world. Chinese software's are good for domestic markets.. Make your markets open and Step out and that would answer the Thread starter's question. Who leads the IT superpower Tag..

Closing the door and force feeding the domestic mass on your softwares might generate revenue but not supremacy.

Our own market is large enough and sophisticated enough to feed our people!

on a programming skill basis, our people trump indian counterparts on any given day!

so it is not about the skills of indians who win the contract

also there is the trust factor (apart from language (spoken and written) skills, cost factors). That is why many contracts are going to india!

The top programming and coding countries in the world are China, Russia, USA and Japan (irrespective of order)

When people outsource they also see that the quality of the work don't suffer, hence any shoddy work is not tolerated and moreover there is heavy SQA processes involved these days. (Imagine a banking software hacked)

I don't know where you got the top programming and coding countries, but US is undisputed leader in IT, and I would not consider China an IT powerhouse - far from it. I don't have much idea on Japan or Russia, and certainly not heard about them.

When people outsource they also see that the quality of the work don't suffer, hence any shoddy work is not tolerated and moreover there is heavy SQA processes involved these days. (Imagine a banking software hacked)

I don't know where you got the top programming and coding countries, but US is undisputed leader in IT, and I would not consider China an IT powerhouse - far from it. I don't have much idea on Japan or Russia, and certainly not heard about them.

incorrect

there is no parallel comparison on any awarded project so the end user cant really compare!
You guys are lucky getting the lions share on the cheap and build up your companies

On a real time competition on coding and programming skills with the same set of problems, indians are not in the league as China, Russia, USA and Japan. You even lag behind some east europeans

China's IT hardare industry is anything from 100 to 1000 times India's。

China's IT software industry is anything from 5 to 20 times India's。

Indai's call centre inudstry is probably 2-5 times China's。

Period。

I don't know about IT. But india is the call center superpower. They even hire people that do not speak English to answer American calls.

What a high IQ post:omghaha:

China does not have English as the official language. India does. Even though I could hardly understand most Indian's English. I usually hang up on Indian's that I can't understand and dial back, hoped that I can get through to an American call center. And sometimes I do. Sometimes, I get through to an Indian that I can understand better. But Indians must be able to discern if they can speak English or not.

Look who is talking...I interact some Chinese engineer..it become hard to understand if they are speaking English or Chinese

The annual output value of China's software industry was well in excess of 3 trillion yuan in 2012:

That‘s well over 500 billion dollars。

India's?

What a high IQ post:omghaha:

Look who is talking...I interact some Chinese engineer..it become hard to understand if they are speaking English or Chinese

Chinese do not speak good English. But Chinese also don't answer phones for Americans. I guess Chinese people know their limitations.

China's annual output value of smartphones alone is probably higher than the total of India's IT hardware industry。:wave:

Our own market is large enough and sophisticated enough to feed our people!

on a programming skill basis, our people trump indian counterparts on any given day!

Our domestic market is not only big but also open.. there is an even share of distribution in India for countries who are willing to compete. By doing this we might not generate money but the technologies we learn are much much better.

It is easy to close all your doors and concentrate just on domestic market.

Chinese love to do chest thumping all the time :taz: :omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom