What's new

Which countries eat the most meat?

man, even though i can afford meat each day of the week , i wont eat it. simply bcoz i dont like eating meat. feels strange afterwards that i have killed an animal for the sake of my palate even though i can eat the green alternative. not blaming anyones food preference.

What nonsense thread...

I will eat what I like to eat & no one can try to force me otherwise ...
Meat or no meat food is food... stop playing with it kids...

i did "little "research on the subject : Research means Internet research on meat consumption. There i found that south Asia has lowest meat intake. :lol: I am no Albert Einstein:D

What nonsense thread...

I will eat what I like to eat & no one can try to force me otherwise ...
Meat or no meat food is food... stop playing with it kids...

JAT bhai in the thread there is no mention what you should eat or not . Just asking what you think ?

Yes it is no business of anyone as who should eat what.

i did "little "research on the subject : Research means Internet research on meat consumption. There i found that south Asia has lowest meat intake. :lol: I am no Albert Einstein:D

:oops:I understood that. I was saying u wasted time to do research on meat consumption. :disagree:

man, even though i can afford meat each day of the week , i wont eat it. simply bcoz i dont like eating meat. feels strange afterwards that i have killed an animal for the sake of my palate even though i can eat the green alternative. not blaming anyones food preference.

Sir ji , if everyone will stop eating meat there will be a huge change in food Web.

I have meat everyday, can't live without it.....:)

what do you like the most ?

you mean you cooked fish with green banana ? :o:

My sister cooked it. My mom is currently in my grandmother's house. I can also cook several dishes including Hilsa fish with green banana curry. I can also cook fish curry with raw jackfruit. Green banana fish curry and Jackfruit fish curry are my most favorite vegetable fish curry.

Green banana fish curry

1zyzf46.jpg

Ingredients:

Illish (hilsa fish): 500 gms, about 5-6 pieces
Raw / Green banana: 3 nos, medium-sized
Mustard oil: 4 tbsp
Green chillies: 3-4
Nigella (kalonji): 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1-1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder: 1-1/2 tsp
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Salt: to taste
Wheat flour: 2 tsp

Method:

Wash the fish thoroughly (only once, or hilsa will lose it's flavour). Apply 1/2 tsp turmeric & some salt & marinate for about 15 minutes.

Peel & cut the bananas into two inch pieces,apply wheat flour on them & rub vigorously. This removes their sticky feel & also doesn't let them turn black. Wash them properly after some time. Keep aside.

Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan, let it smoke, then lower the flame & fry the fish pieces till lightly done. Remove.
Temper the same oil with nigella seeds & sliced green chillies & add the banana pieces. Toss them for some time. Mix all the spices with a little water & add to the pan. Stir & fry it till well mixed. Now add about 2 glass of water & bring to a boil. When the banana is half-done, add the fish. Cover & cook for another 5 minutes. Close the flame.

Serve hot with rice.

Other than religious reasons per capita meat consumption is obviously affected by price. If meat was $50/kg in the US than the numbers would be completely different.

Better to list a price comparison by country.
Average retail food and energy prices, U.S. city average and Midwest region
This is a quick link in the US i see:
Steak is $5.24/pound ($11.52/kg)
Pork chops $3.65/lb ($8.03/kg)
Chicken: $1.50/lb ($3.30/kg)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom