Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello,

Here comes the time to replace my car once again. My car insurance is due to expire on 3rd of October and I plan to sell my existing car at least 2 weeks before the insurance ends. That means I will be buying a new car around 10-20th of September 2016.

I usually prefer to buy bigger or longer cars like Estate or SUV's - so any suggestion would be appreciated. The problem of course is the lack of finance I am willing to invest. eBay suggests if I opt for used car I am in position to buy either

1) Audi A6 - 2008 model with roughly 100,000 mileage on clock
2) Volvo V70 - 2008/09 with roughly 80,000 mileage
3) Skoda Octavia - 2010 model with around 60k mileage
4) Ford Focus Estate - 2010 with around 60k mileage
5) Vauxhall Insignia - 2010 around 90k mileage
6) BMW - 5 Series with around 140k mileage

Which one would you have chosen? or would you just go for cheaper models with really low mileage?

Most of these cars I have looked at are clean with good leather interior whilst the other cheaper cars of latest models are still comparatively less comfy. I noticed surprisingly it is easier to buy Audi A6 compared to its cheaper sister models as most people are showing keen interest to the likes of A3's and A4's.

PS: Sorry I wouldn't wanna buy a Japanese car for next year

Hi,

It is really a personal decision, very similar to selecting the life partner :)
so I really cannot suggest you what to select but I can tell my choice and reasons for it. Audi A6 is a great car. I would remove BMW 5 as 140 k is lot of miles. Audi has great quality but I would check the condition physically as Audi's spare can be quite expensive.

Let's see what our expert car dealer @MastanKhan has to say about it :)

Vauxhall will be best for you
2010 Model looks pretty cool...!!!
Engine Power
(bhp)
0-60 mph
(secs)
Fuel Economy
(mpg)
Insurance
Group
Road Tax
(per annum)
Length
(mm)

1.4T 16v Petrol 138 10.1 52 15 £110 4,830 Full specs
Select a version to view full specs:
1.8i 16v Petrol 138 10.8 39 16 £210 4,830 Full specs
2.0 CDTi (160ps) Diesel 157 9.2 57 21 £110 4,830 Full specs
2.0 CDTi Diesel 128 10.4 - 10.5 47 - 67 18 £30 - £185 4,830 Full specs

Power
(bhp)
0-60 mph
(secs)
Fuel Economy
(mpg)
Insurance
Group
Road Tax
(per annum)
Length
(mm)

1.4T 16v Petrol 138 10.1 52 16 £110 4,830 Full specs
1.6T 16v Petrol 177 8.9 36 21 £230 4,830 Full specs
1.8i 16v Petrol 138 10.8 39 16 £210 4,830 Full specs
2.0 CDTi (160bhp) Diesel 157 8.9 - 10.0 47 - 67 21 - 22 £30 - £185 4,830 Full specs
2.0 CDTi (160ps) Diesel 157 9.2 57 21 £110 4,830 Full specs
2.0 CDTi Diesel 128 - 52 - 67 18 - 19 £30 - £145 4,830 Full specs

upload_2016-8-7_23-16-46.png

That Opel is looking more cooler than the audi a6 2008 model...

upload_2016-8-7_23-18-21.png

There were problems reported in automatic gearboxes of Audi from 2006 to 2008. Plus Germans manufacturers are still hiding their OBD codes from open market.
Why not Japanese ? they are easy to maintain.

Tip: I used to buy cars from old grand pa/mom. No matter how much mileage it has. :)
You take care and engine goes and goes. I have seen many Mercedes and BMW with above 500k kms

Last edited:
BMW is a great car. Durable and fast. Always recommended

I wouldn't buy any of those, too mainstream
Honda city for me ,Real happy with the one I got.:D
2012-honda-city-front.jpg

th

Lmao I'm getting 23-25km/l with it when must guys on prius get the same..
After so many cars Pakistan domestic market has a best car in Honda civic and city.
City has only one draw back very old fastioned from the choices you gave.
If I were you I'd just keep a Honda city or civic.
or get a Tesla Seriously.

Hello,

Here comes the time to replace my car once again. My car insurance is due to expire on 3rd of October and I plan to sell my existing car at least 2 weeks before the insurance ends. That means I will be buying a new car around 10-20th of September 2016.

I usually prefer to buy bigger or longer cars like Estate or SUV's - so any suggestion would be appreciated. The problem of course is the lack of finance I am willing to invest. eBay suggests if I opt for used car I am in position to buy either

Which one would you have chosen? or would you just go for cheaper models with really low mileage?

Most of these cars I have looked at are clean with good leather interior whilst the other cheaper cars of latest models are still comparatively less comfy. I noticed surprisingly it is easier to buy Audi A6 compared to its cheaper sister models as most people are showing keen interest to the likes of A3's and A4's.

How many miles a year will you drive? other thing the higher the Millage on a vehicle the more wear it has had especially if it was a motorway car. it is ALWAYS sensible to buy cars with less than 50K on the clock! But they are expensive but they will last you much longer its to do with the previous occupants of the vehicle on how it was driven and maintained.

Which model of city you have ?
Is it automatic or manual shift ?

I wouldn't buy any of those, too mainstream
Honda city for me ,Real happy with the one I got.:D
2012-honda-city-front.jpg

th

Lmao I'm getting 23-25km/l with it when must guys on prius get the same..
After so many cars Pakistan domestic market has a best car in Honda civic and city.
City has only one draw back very old fastioned from the choices you gave.
If I were you I'd just keep a Honda city or civic.
or get a Tesla Seriously.

How many miles a year will you drive? other thing the higher the Millage on a vehicle the more wear it has had especially if it was a motorway car. it is ALWAYS sensible to buy cars with less than 50K on the clock! But they are expensive but they will last you much longer its to do with the previous occupants of the vehicle on how it was driven and maintained.
My needs has changed in recent past so I guess I may only drive 5000 miles or so.

In 2014-15, I drove about 39000 miles.
In 2015-16 I drove about 4000 miles only

So if it remains like this, I might only be driving 20 miles a day unless I need to go pick someone up from the Airport or a short trip to Europe for a day or two

PS: In my opiniom Motorway mileage does not do too much harm to the vehicle and it keeps running like a horse if serviced regularly

Hello,

why buy car with such high milage?
it depends on what you use the car for. do you have a lot of kids? how old are they(big kids take alot of space) ?
do remember if german cars need maintainance and your on a budget then you have had it. i would buy the skodia octavia(3) simply because of its mileage, cost of spare parts, insurance group and reliability, but the value of it will go down. but i will gloss over that. also do a ppi check (pre-purchase inspection) also a hpi check dont hurt either.

My needs has changed in recent past so I guess I may only drive 5000 miles or so.

In 2014-15, I drove about 39000 miles.
In 2015-16 I drove about 4000 miles only

So if it remains like this, I might only be driving 20 miles a day unless I need to go pick someone up from the Airport or a short trip to Europe for a day or two

PS: In my opiniom Motorway mileage does not do too much harm to the vehicle and it keeps running like a horse if serviced regularly
i drive average of 10-15K a year. I recently this year bought a 1.4 D4D Toyota Yaris at 32K 2012 for 6.5K on weekends i go for long trips and back it does excellent miles to MPG. But I am single you see. :D

i highly recommend looking at Toyota Avensis D4D. I wanted to buy BMW but was talked out of by my cousin and I have to say i am grateful for it. lately German cars have become quite expensive to maintain this is coming from from a household with VW's and lately they have been making some poor cars as well.

buying the cars with high milage carries a risk that you will be spending money on a car and every pound spent a car is a pound that you will never get back so that is a point to think about. used cars have to have money spent on them to keep em going especially with such high mileage

motorway driving is like a endurance race that adds wear to the vehicle although city driving is worse due to start stop!

keep away from Ford :agree: and never French & Italian.

Hello,

What about this one
2502453a-f545-4911-bb34-78db54472792_Donkey20Car20(5)-196_32_0_145620707_361x239_B.jpg

Ghada Car nice humorous novel by Ahmed Iqbal

By the way i voted for Audi

why buy car with such high milage?
it depends on what you use the car for. do you have a lot of kids? how old are they(big kids take alot of space) ?
do remember if german cars need maintainance and your on a budget then you have had it. i would buy the skodia octavia(3) simply because of its mileage, cost of spare parts, insurance group and reliability, but the value of it will go down. but i will gloss over that. also do a ppi check (pre-purchase inspection) also a hpi check dont hurt either.
The reason I can afford to have a high mileage is that it will be driving less compared to past years. Back in 2014, I was driving all day and night and drove about 30,000 miles within 6 months but that was due to nature of my job. Now I am mostly staying within city limits or have to travel to Heathrow, Gatwick and Essex from time to time. So my maintenance cost will come down and I am looking for little bit of comfort and space

i drive average of 10-15K a year. I recently this year bought a 1.4 D4D Toyota Yaris at 32K 2012 for 6.5K on weekends i go for long trips and back it does excellent miles to MPG. But I am single you see. :D

i highly recommend looking at Toyota Avensis D4D. I wanted to buy BMW but was talked out of by my cousin and I have to say i am grateful for it. lately German cars have become quite expensive to maintain this is coming from from a household with VW's and lately they have been making some poor cars as well.

buying the cars with high milage carries a risk that you will be spending money on a car and every pound spent a car is a pound that you will never get back so that is a point to think about. used cars have to have money spent on them to keep em going especially with such high mileage

motorway driving is like a endurance race that adds wear to the vehicle although city driving is worse due to start stop!

keep away from Ford :agree: and never French & Italian.
I don't want Japenese cars particularly Toyota Yaris as I have had enough of Japenese cars in past.

I was named driver in one of my uncle's Yaris anf used to drive from time to time depending on the need and have to say I was not so much impressed with it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom