What's new

Which car is the best in Pakistan?

war&peace

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
My father has been using a 5 yrs old car and now it has developed some technical issues so I'm planning to sell it after it gets repaired and buy a new one for him so he doesn't face the problems. I want a car which is safe to drive on roads in Pakistan....there are a few option and I need your opinion

1. Can I gift a car from here but in Pakistan people drive on the wrong hand
  2. I have a ford focus in UK 2015 model and in UK also they drive on the wrong hand
  3. A safe (with airbags) car from local market
  4. How much are duties for an imported car?

My father has been using a 5 yrs old car and now it has developed some technical issues so I'm planning to sell it after it gets repaired and buy a new one for him so he doesn't face the problems. I want a car which is safe to drive on roads in Pakistan....there are a few option and I need your opinion

2. I have a ford focus in UK 2015 model and in UK also they drive on the wrong hand

grande ley diyo chacha g nu, mukdi hee nai, alaaw

If you have the money i'll suggest you buy Audi A3.. It'll cost 3.8 Million pkr

uploadfromtaptalk1408220418503.jpg

About Import duties here's a link

http://www.commerce.gov.pk/Downloads/FBR_ImportOS.pdf

There is no best car in Pakistan all of them are too expensive for congested traffic and crappy roads.
Importing a car from UK will cost around 100,000$,Seat belts are not even spared when it comes to duties.
I would get a honda,why? because fixing it's technical issues won't be as expensive as BMW's or benz.
I know people who have hummers,jaguars,etc are too scared to drive and get hit.
Honda in Pakistan cost 3 times more than their original price but it will give less khawari compared to other cars. That's the point I am trying to make 8-)

Dabba
images
since we are paying 200 % price of regular car due to its taxes corolla doesn't suit majority middle class . Dabba gives you plenty of space . Can be also used for maal supply sabzi

What do you mean by Pakistan and UK people drive on wrong hand?

if you are looking for security, audi 2nd is Toyota altis grande. buy auto gear (less theft) get full insurance and satellite tracker (peace of mind, does not cost that much, around 100k / year for 3 to 4 million car)

Dabba
images
since we are paying 200 % price of regular car due to its taxes corolla doesn't suit majority middle class . Dabba gives you plenty of space . Can be also used for maal supply sabzi
This is not for passenger transport. It is for transporting luggage.

What do you mean by Pakistan and UK people drive on wrong hand?
They drive on the wrong side (left hand) of the road as compared to the world (right hand side)

Send him around 25K if you can afford it to buy a Civic, 21K for a Corolla. Or 12K and buy a Swift.

The Toyota and Hondas are a no brainer, but the swift is the best thing compared to your focus.
Reliability is not an issue, keeping your dad safe in case some cunt decides to ram him is.

Send him around 25K if you can afford it to buy a Civic, 21K for a Corolla. Or 12K and buy a Swift.

The Toyota and Hondas are a no brainer, but the swift is the best thing compared to your focus.
Reliability is not an issue, keeping your dad safe in case some cunt decides to ram him is.
12k for a swift My God :eek:
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't a vitz better?

If your dad's car has been periodically maintained by an authorised dealer, it should have no problems after 5 years even. Anyways, a safe car in Pakistan is an SUV for obvious and then the following reasons;

1. If someone (rickshaws/bikes are typical) hits/touches/bump into SUV, the SUV doesnt take any damage if front/rear guard and side steps are installed. Cars bumpers are cheap plastic.
2. The awkwardly constructed speed bumps will not be of a problem due to ground clearance of an SUV. cars can get bruised at certain bumps especially if 5 people and luggage on board.
3. Solves the problem of driving in unfinished, semi metal, holes filled roads.
4. At certain roads, water can stand on roads especially during rainy season. Cars can have a problem.SUV wont.

Down side, brand new SUV's are insanely expensive.
Thats still fine, but check the rules as it must not be a certain number of years old.
I have a ford focus in UK 2015 model and in UK also they drive on the wrong hand
replied above.
A safe (with airbags) car from local market
Imported japanese/european second hand cars have airbags and there is lot of choice.

How much are duties for an imported car?
Need to check from a dealer but for sure its very high.

In the meantime, this might help.

http://www.pakwheels.com/blog/here-...cost-of-importing-a-car-in-pakistan-yourself/

and

http://www.pakwheels.com/blog/duty-...reased-automobile-policy-still-isnt-priority/

New civic (2016, 1.8 and 1.5) has quality build issues.
Corolla is a still a good choice. mechanics in rural town also have a know how if something happens while travelling :-)

Honda City fills in nicely as it has good enough power (100hp for 1300 cc and 120hp for 1500 cc) as well as an economical engine plus a boot/trunk/diggi.

Suzuki Swift is very economical. The 1.3 engine gives a good power to weight ratio.

Ford Focus, I said because it has been used sparingly (actually I have no use for it) and it is left hand drive with plenty of airbags. This year he had two accidents one involving him and a local made rickshaw ( a carriage with bike in front instead of a horse) where it appeared suddenly out of no where and my father stopped the car but still the overloaded rickshaw rammed into his car
the other was by a teenage one wheeler who thought it would be a nice idea to impress the old man in the car (my father) by his "skills" though he was safe since he drives at normal speeds but due to these accidents he has been slightly uncomfortable driving himself. I'm thinking as @Sarge suggested to get some SUV smaller SUV like Audi Q5 or Land Rover Freelander either new or used but in good shape. I have asked my brother to take care of the driving himself or ensure some driver is there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom