What's new

Which car is the best in Pakistan?

( a carriage with bike in front instead of a horse)

Thats called a chingchi in urdu or Qinqi in Chinese.

Sad to hear your dad met accidents due to idiots on the road.

Is this 3.8 million out of the door? Or do you pay duty and taxes on top of it? How much does an A-4 and an A-6 cost?

A-4 brand new is 5.2 million Rs approximately. excluding registration.

If you have the money i'll suggest you buy Audi A3.. It'll cost 3.8 Million pkr

View attachment 332570

About Import duties here's a link

http://www.commerce.gov.pk/Downloads/FBR_ImportOS.pdf

Stay AWAY from Audi A-3.

The passengers in back seat will have have cramps in legs.

watch at 4:16

Thats called a chingchi in urdu or Qinqi in Chinese.

Sad to hear your dad met accidents due to idiots on the road.

A-4 brand new is 5.2 million Rs approximately. excluding registration.

Stay AWAY from Audi A-3.

The passengers in back seat will have have cramps in legs.

watch at 4:16
Thank you.
I'm seriously thinking about an SUV

http://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/o...city_id=256&buy_at=3&commit=Get+On+Road+Price
Bro, do you have any idea what is filer and non-filer?

Last edited:
Thank you.

http://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/o...city_id=256&buy_at=3&commit=Get+On+Road+Price

Filer is the one who has NTN (national tax number) and pays tax.

Non Filer, doesnt have NTN or has no tax history.

Do You Pay Tax (On Salary, Business, Transactions etc)?
Yes: You are a Tax Payer
No: You are not a Tax Payer

Do you Inform FBR/ GOP That You Pay Taxes?
Yes: You are a Filer (Or Active Tax Payer)
No: You are not a Filer

How Do You Inform FBR/ GOP That You Are A Tax Payer?
1. Obtain The Tax Certificate (s) from your employer, or bank or where you pay the taxes.
2. You have to log-in to the official FBR website and register your credentials (log in Name & Password)
3. Provide the information of the Taxes You Have Paid In A Fiscal Year
4. Declare Your Wealth Statement (Your Assets, Properties etc)
5. Submit the information
6. Check Your Status in Active Tax Payer List after 15-20 days

Avoidance of Tax:
You cannot avoid the payment of Taxes (Like Taxes on your Salary, Certain Bank Transactions etc). However you can claim a re-fund of Withholding Tax/ Advanced Tax at the end of the fiscal year through FBR (Only If You Are A Filer).

Thank you.

Mention the city, it will help people suggesting cars. The volume of traffic, narrow streets and congested parking in some of the cities are key deciding factors when you are choosing a car.

http://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/on-road-price?utf8=✓&ManID=49&ModelID=576&VersionID=662&city_id=256&buy_at=3&commit=Get+On+Road+Price

Pakwheels has some of the unrealistic prices quoted on their site.

Filer ............... the one who files his annual income tax return, due date this year is September 30 unless it gets extended.

Non filer ............ any person who irrespective of whether he has paid his taxes or not fails to file his annual income tax return.

Mention the city, it will help people suggesting cars. The volume of traffic, narrow streets and congested parking in some of the cities are key deciding factors when you are choosing a car.

Pakwheels has some of the unrealistic prices quoted on their site.

Filer ............... the one who files his annual income tax return, due date this year is September 30 unless it gets extended.

Non filer ............ any person who irrespective of whether he has paid his taxes or not fails to file his annual income tax return.
Mostly Multan (40%) and Islamabad (60%)

I think my father is filer then because he has been paying taxes and i think he has an NTN number too

Last edited:
Kind of city style SUV similar to Audi Q5 with little off road capability but good comfort and safety, low fuel cost and, not very big in size

Expecting low fuel cost from SUV isnt a good idea, however diesel engines have better mileage than petrol engines.

The brand new SUV's available in Pakistan are:
1. Toyota Fortuner 5.2 million Rs (all approximates)
2. Toyota Prado 19.5 Million Rs upwards
3. Toyota Land Cruiser 22-26 Million Rs.upwards
4.Honda CRV 8 Million Rs
5. Porsche Cayenne 19-24 Million Rs
6. Audi Q7 16 Million Rs
7. Audi Q5 11 Million Rs
8. BMW X-5 17 Million Rs
9. Range Rover Evoque 15 Million Rs
10. Range Rover HST 30 Million Rs
11. Range Rover Vogue 36 Million Rs

The other popular SUV's can be imported. Used ones from Japan, Thailand and Malaysia.

Honda or toyota is your safe bet. Get any model which is popular in pak and spare parts / maintenance wont be an issue. Grande was launched some years back whereas the civic's new model was launched this year. Honourable mentions are swift and vitz. I dont see many SUV's on pak roads. Popularity and spare parts availability can be judged by the used price on pakwheels

Expecting low fuel cost from SUV isnt a good idea, however diesel engines have better mileage than petrol engines.

4.Honda CRV 8 Million Rs
6. Audi Q7 16 Million Rs
7. Audi Q5 11 Million Rs
8. BMW X-5 17 Million Rs

The other popular SUV's can be imported. Used ones from Japan, Thailand and Malaysia.

Why is CRV more expensive than the Fortuner? :woot:

4.Honda CRV 8 Million Rs
6. Audi Q7 16 Million Rs
7. Audi Q5 11 Million Rs
8. BMW X-5 17 Million Rs

Honda CRV at 80 Lakhs :woot:

I dont see many SUV's on pak roads.
:o:

where do you live?

A few mentions found on all roads....
Surf (long list of models)
Prado (a long list of models)
Land Cruiser ( a long list of models)
Pajero
Nissan Patrol
Sportage
Fortuner

Why is CRV more expensive than the Fortuner? :woot:

TBH i dont know but my guess is that since Toyota SUVs are more popular in Pakistan due to "lakkar hazam, pathar hazam" (long life and can take lots of beating) diesel engines plus most mechanics in every part of country know toyota engines very well, plus parts are available everywhere so cheaper. This is true for Toyota SUV's but specifically about Fortuner, its a guess.as fortuner shares components with Toyota hilux

Ford Focus, I said because it has been used sparingly (actually I have no use for it) and it is left hand drive with plenty of airbags. This year he had two accidents one involving him and a local made rickshaw ( a carriage with bike in front instead of a horse) where it appeared suddenly out of no where and my father stopped the car but still the overloaded rickshaw rammed into his car
the other was by a teenage one wheeler who thought it would be a nice idea to impress the old man in the car (my father) by his "skills" though he was safe since he drives at normal speeds but due to these accidents he has been slightly uncomfortable driving himself. I'm thinking as @Sarge suggested to get some SUV smaller SUV like Audi Q5 or Land Rover Freelander either new or used but in good shape. I have asked my brother to take care of the driving himself or ensure some driver is there.
Driving sense in Pakistan is slowly but surely eroding. Motorcyclists, Chingchi and Rickshaw drivers give lot of headache to car drivers in cities on daily basis. Minor incidents are becoming a norm and major accidents also occur more frequently than before.

Sometimes, accidents happen due to stupidity and/or poor judgement of others. I have experienced minor incidents even when I was going slowly or stationary.

I am not sure how an SUV would save you from troubles on the road. However, an automobile with good safety features is always welcome.

If you want to hire a driver than consider a professional but he would expect a decent pay. Otherwise, don't bother. The so-called drivers (from lower class) tend to have terrible driving sense as well and put you at greater risk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom