What's new

Which Book are you reading

is it good? it looks old..lol

Its old but GOLD :P one of the most recommended book.

I am reading 2 books at the moment another is on Candle stick. Have been trading for some time but never had chance to read this one.

upload_2015-2-7_23-43-58.png

The Naked Ape: A Zoologist's Study of the Human Animal
by Desmond Morris
upload_2015-2-9_1-22-38.jpeg

Chinese translation version:
s4197735.jpg

Just finished the little prince. A children's book with a message every adult could do understanding.

Sorry, I did not notice your post.

oh, this one did tell me quite clearly... :lol:

Oh.

1. i am muslim and she is catholic.
2. she is 12 years younger to me.
3. she will listen to her parents and is quite reserved in some things.

I have thought about inter ethnic marriages to bridge the ethnicity problem in my adopted country but haven't applied the ideal to religious thought. I think Jinnah married a Parsi to show tolerance to minorities and make a statement that they could live in Pakistan without fear, exactly the reason many Parsis stayed when a lot of other religious groups migrated.

i think no one so openly and fanatically declared love to her as i did, heh heh, hence her nervousness... but i would say she enjoyed the attention, because i was generally a leader in that office and i am, well, not so bad in the looks department.

Good luck with her. I haven't had much success with women though I used to like them very much. So I am no one to advise you. The 2 girls I actually liked, one after the other, I did not get.

my being in politics is also meant to bring her to me... she should appreciate the risks i take for her... i will have her one way or the other. :)

Keep trying.

haasil is a word i will use in this context.

i know the very song for this situation...

:D

published in 2005.

and have you read his "islam quintet"??

No. I have read clash of civilizations though. It is correct as far as saying that muslims have no core states.

what is its name?? will it be available in india??

by the way, when you came back to pdf, one member remembered you as "the writer". :-)

Yes. At that time I was vociferously introducing my book not knowing the publishing process would be difficult at best. Today it is hard to be an author. I left that one alone and worked on a new book after that which was purely commercial. However I found that finding an agent or a publisher is the hardest part.

The name of the first book is Badal. The name of the second book is Kingdom of Fire.

muslim context set in future?? like dune??

No nothing like dune, thats science fiction and though I planned a book like that too it hinges on the success of my fantasy novel, the second book.

See there are 2 books. One is named Badal, after the Pashtun concept of taking revenge-this one is about the tribal areas and our failure to remove laws like the collective responsibilities and frontier crimes which were inherited from british... or to deal with militancy with an iron hand. It is told from the viewpoint of several characters each affected in his own way due to the terrorism situation, some even positively. Most negatively though and it is very against the Taliban. It is fiction. I didn't try to publish it much.

The second book is epic fantasy. It is purely commercial. It is about Kingdoms, Kings and Princes and the politics involved between them. In it I have invented a culture for each kingdom and there are these avatars (supreme beings with immense power) who have power over an element or art. For example there Azar an avatar of fire and he has mastery over fire. I made a major effort to publish this book but till now things have been bleak.

One is named Badal, after the Pashtun concept of taking revenge-this one is about the tribal areas and our failure to remove laws like the collective responsibilities and frontier crimes which were inherited from british... or to deal with militancy with an iron hand. It is told from the viewpoint of several characters each affected in his own way due to the terrorism situation, some even positively. Most negatively though and it is very against the Taliban. It is fiction. I didn't try to publish it much.

i do not know about your mood or situation but don't you think this is the time to get such a book released on wider scale?? :-)

actually, you could have looked at participating in the "jaipur book festival" ( in india ) which ran just last month... pakistani writers have attended it before, including fatima bhutto.

ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival

maybe you could have asked the older writers about where to find money to print a 100 books and take them to jaipur.

No nothing like dune, thats science fiction and though I planned a book like that too it hinges on the success of my fantasy novel, the second book.

maybe you can rework your second book into science fiction ( like dune ) where the background is of muslims and the eastern bloc... such a book is really needed.

I think Jinnah married a Parsi to show tolerance to minorities and make a statement that they could live in Pakistan without fear, exactly the reason many Parsis stayed when a lot of other religious groups migrated.

not making a fuss here but jinnah married ruttie in 1918... the idea of pakistan arrived later, yes??

Good luck with her. I haven't had much success with women though I used to like them very much. So I am no one to advise you. The 2 girls I actually liked, one after the other, I did not get.

i am sure you used the writer angle with those two... :D and why not... it is classy and lot better than saying "stock broker" or "software engineer".

i recommend to you the recent hindi film, happy ending, starring saif ali khan and the lovely ileana d'cruz... the film is about writers... i saw the film twice.

by the way, do you know kingmamba's "self improvement thread"?? you can contribute your flirting techniques there for us the gentleman members to learn and discuss.

It is correct as far as saying that muslims have no core states.

i see it this way...

1. the very idea of nations started with the french revolution as a alternative to the traditional kingdoms ( or queendoms ).

2. islam has no "holy land" or "holy nation" unlike hinduism which has a holy land ( bharath ) beyond which is evil foreign lands a visit from where will have to be cleansed by diluted cowdung ( nehru's father was forced this ) despite hinduism itself being foreign.

3. in modern times, there have been strong or influential muslim states whose power was constantly undermined by the western bloc.

i do not know about your mood or situation but don't you think this is the time to get such a book released on wider scale?? :-)

actually, you could have looked at participating in the "jaipur book festival" ( in india ) which ran just last month... pakistani writers have attended it before, including fatima bhutto.

I am interested in participating in such festivals. But most people don't understand how difficult it can be just to get your book published. If I am to include my book on such a prestigious forum my book has to be associated with a strong publisher. The strongest publishers today are Randomhouse and Penguin which have in previous years merged and account for 80% of all book sales. To be successful I need a literary agent first because thats how you can reach out to traditional publishers.

In short, lots of petty details that may bore you and will be difficult for me to explain
maybe you could have asked the older writers about where to find money to print a 100 books and take them to jaipur.

Traditional publishers do not ask for money. Vanity publishers do but they don't have the reach to sell your books. If you fall into their trap then its a great waste of money. The other route is self publishing. Only people with several contacts can self publish successfully. So these are my options. To take my book to the Jaipur literature festival or even the Karachi literature festival I need to publish it first which is very hard.

maybe you can rework your second book into science fiction ( like dune ) where the background is of muslims and the eastern bloc... such a book is really needed.

not making a fuss here but jinnah married ruttie in 1918... the idea of pakistan arrived later, yes??

It did but Jinnah was not known as the ambassador of Hindu Muslim unity for no reason. If you read Jinnahs history you will notice that till 1930 he supported a united India. He only started vouching for independence when he had no option and was pushed to the wall. For example India refused to accept self rule for muslim majority provinces, there was a ban on cow slaughter and no muslim qoutas or constituencies. I think Jaswant Singh's book on partition got it right when it blames Nehru for partition.

i am sure you used the writer angle with those two... :D and why not... it is classy and lot better than saying "stock broker" or "software engineer".

:)

i recommend to you the recent hindi film, happy ending, starring saif ali khan and the lovely ileana d'cruz... the film is about writers... i saw the film twice.

I have not watched many Hindi films but will try to see it.

by the way, do you know kingmamba's "self improvement thread"?? you can contribute your flirting techniques there for us the gentleman members to learn and discuss.

lol. I am not interested in flirting any more. I look at the younger generation of flirts with a little amusement so I might read up on that thread sometime.

i see it this way...

1. the very idea of nations started with the french revolution as a alternative to the traditional kingdoms ( or queendoms ).

Allama Iqbal supported the ummah and was vociferous when the Ottoman Empire or caliphate broke down.

2. islam has no "holy land" or "holy nation" unlike hinduism which has a holy land ( bharath ) beyond which is evil foreign lands a visit from where will have to be cleansed by diluted cowdung ( nehru's father was forced this ) despite hinduism itself being foreign.

Hinduism arrived in the 7th century to India. Before that Budhism and Jainism dominated India. Parsi faith dominated Iran before Islamic invasions. Even the turks were orthodox christians once. Anyway who cares. Religion is constantly evolving and changing I believe. Allama Iqbal was in favor of ijtehad, a concept asking for a review of Islamic laws according to modern and changing times.

3. in modern times, there have been strong or influential muslim states whose power was constantly undermined by the western bloc.

I know you have your views on this one. But I believe muslims have been extremely weak ever since the Mongol invasions. Allama Iqbal associates our fall with the end of Ijtehad, Ijtehad discussions began with scholars stating "I may be wrong" and then stating their views. They never assumed they knew everything

Back
Top Bottom