What's new

Which Book are you reading

Setting the Agenda: Mass Media and Public Opinion.

By: Maxwell McCombs

Attachments

• 0745661106.jpg
    0745661106.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 28
Setting the Agenda: Mass Media and Public Opinion.

By: Maxwell McCombs

book seems interesting.

the western government media and affiliates - bbc, al-jazeera, daily mail etc - are masters in creating news, creating hatreds against world opponents of their government masters, creating emotional opinion in favor of actually false-flag events, creating cultural opinions ( like gay marriage, thin females are "beautiful" etc ), creating artificial need for consumer goods ( like cell phones ), creating fake political events, and generally keeping the audience brainwashed.

:nono:

so not your real name then, or is it... :what:

the rifle company... do they only produce hunting rifles, or sniper rifles too??

the film... seems like a existentialist film for the earlier russia... i don't know if such a film will be made for today's russia.

by the way, have you seen "the stalker" by andrei tarkovsky... i found it both boring and interesting... wanting it to stop the metaphysical lectures but also wanting to watch it to the end... :lol:

They produce both actually. and Lilja is not a movie about existentialism. it tells about a very young girl abandoned by her mother who went to america and disowned her to the government. the movie is about how that little get lost amidst the wolves around her, trapped into going to sweden illegally and forced into prostitution. Helplessness of a young girl against her circumstances.

Havent seen stalker. will check. recently saw the stoning of soraya m. it was moving to the core.

p.s, Ayn Rand forever :p and my real name is Rida

They produce both actually.

i asked because the rifle company's home page showed a hunter "bravely" posing near a antelope he had shot... i don't understand the point of "game hunting"... hunting should only be for killing wolves and every other kind of dog.

i have seen pictures of "ethical hunting" in southern africa of caracal cats, and the "brave" hunters posing behind the dead cats ( murdered cats )... those pictures made me cry, cats are very dear to me.

i find "game hunting" a form of psychopathy.

i asked because the rifle company's home page showed a hunter "bravely" posing near a antelope he had shot... i don't understand the point of "game hunting"... hunting should only be for killing wolves and every other kind of dog.

i have seen pictures of "ethical hunting" in southern africa of caracal cats, and the "brave" hunters posing behind the dead cats ( murdered cats )... those pictures made me cry, cats are very dear to me.

i find "game hunting" a form of psychopathy.
im actually against wolf hunting too. p.s its just the guns i like not what people choose to do with em

book seems interesting.

the western government media and affiliates - bbc, al-jazeera, daily mail etc - are masters in creating news, creating hatreds against world opponents of their government masters, creating emotional opinion in favor of actually false-flag events, creating cultural opinions ( like gay marriage, thin females are "beautiful" etc ), creating artificial need for consumer goods ( like cell phones ), creating fake political events, and generally keeping the audience brainwashed.

Yep,bro u are absolutely right ;)
it depends whether you’re the player open minded and know how to differentiate btw right
and wrong or you’re being played. Corporations,governments and specially some insane folks
use religion for their own benefit/Agendas,the best way of brainwashing is to use the religion the
majority follow (oops, I said it) :enjoy: their tactics are very obvious :agree:

If we ensure that we are living for ourselves and not serving some corporation
agenda then we have to arm our selves for that to make our minds so we can
know when their is an assault taking place,media uses different tools and they are expert
to sensationalize things that are not inherently sensational.
if u notice that majority Commentators attempt to persuade others to accept their own point of view on
events this is what has become & known as "media spin" & i believe following your gut is a key as long as it is ur conscious intuition & not some part of ur ego that has already gathered views on issues..

i believe following your gut is a key as long as it is ur conscious intuition & not some part of ur ego that has already gathered views on issues..

that is the simplest thing but seems too difficult for half the world's population. :)

or you’re being played.

the sheeple...........

full_8c50a794-536c-4143-9861-05282f40e555.jpg

the best way of brainwashing is to use the religion the majority follow (oops, I said it) :enjoy:

oh, i see that everyday in india... and did you notice that it is the western government media that always calls the saudi king as "custodian of the two holy places"... never have saddam hussain or muammar gaddafi given the saudi king that status. :lol:

how dare you ask me this question ??
books look good in shelf only :lol:

how dare you ask me this question ??
books look good in shelf only :lol:

that is part of the pretense of the "serious book reader". :lol:

question closely anyone who claims to have read deep russian works like "war and peace".

recommend
Could you please recommend some books which will give me a greater understanding into the mindset of the region and culture of the Japanese people. Haruki Murakami i have read quite alot of and i have read western books on Japan.

Warday by Whitley Strieber is a book this forum needs to read it is a book on the USA after nuclear war with Soviet Union. the travel of two men across the United States or what is left of it

Take a look at Javaid Syed's newest edition of "Those Houses on The Ridge". A story that in the past might not have meant as much to people as it does today. Fiction, that has turned into reality. As the children in the Peshawar bombings and their families have suffered, so do we as a society - as humans; we deteriorate because of these acts of violence in the name of religion. For those who are directly impacted by these events and for those who don't understand why it all happens will connect and understand as they read each word of this gripping novel.

Cover.jpg

When Margaret, an anthropologist from London, embarks on an excursion to study the inhabitants of a remote area in Pakistan, little does she know about the involvement she will have in the lives of an innocent family in Those Houses on the Ridge. What follows is a tale of suicide bombers and human trafficking that can even seep into that hidden part of the world.
The story follows the trails of Jaffer, an innocent boy lured into religious fanaticism, and his journey to break away from it as he enters adulthood. He treads many shores and wanders hopelessly to pick up the missing pieces of his childhood, and to break away alive. Does his livelihood and freedom mean letting go of his only blood relative? Or will he choose to return to his only true love, who might not even be there!"

http://www.amazon.com/Those-Houses-...735&sr=1-1&keywords=those+houses+on+the+ridge

Could you please recommend some books which will give me a greater understanding into the mindset of the region and culture of the Japanese people. Haruki Murakami i have read quite alot of and i have read western books on Japan.

Warday by Whitley Strieber is a book this forum needs to read it is a book on the USA after nuclear war with Soviet Union. the travel of two men across the United States or what is left of it

For culture:

Chie Nakane's Japanese Society (some points are also contested, but not nearly as much as Ruth Benedict's work).
http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-S...

Robert J. Smith and Ella Lury Wiswell's The Women of Sunemura
http://www.amazon.com/Women-Suye...

For history:

Anything by Peter Duus, Andrew Gordon, John Dower, Victor Koschmann, or Donald Keene.

Also, Herbert P. Bix's biography of Emperor Hirohito, entitled Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan.
http://www.amazon.com/Hirohito-M...

Toshiyuki (Yuki) Tanaka writes a great deal on World War II and wartime atrocities. Best to be read in context after reading some of the above authors.

On a similar note, please, please don't read Iris Chang's The Rape of Nanking and call it quits. That book was poorly researched and had a very, very strong agenda which failed to give a clear picture of what happened. It was very mass-market oriented and should not be used as a source for basic knowledge.

If you're interested in WW2 issues in East Asia, I'd highly recommend Gi-wook Shin's and Daniel Sneider's (eds.) History Textbooks and the Wars in Asia: Divided Memories. I had the privilege of working on the research project briefly and their final product should be very enlightening to anyone interested in WW2 and the divided memories between the participant states.

I just finished reading KP - Kevin Pietersen's biography.

Partly fact, as I can imagine Matt Prior being a bully, but part fiction too. He comes over as a self-serving a@@hole. He defends going into the IPL with a passion. He doesnt need to. The IPL is exciting and a great example of how limited overs cricket can be. Its open to anyone who is good enough.

Back
Top Bottom