What's new

Whether we should celeberate independence day or not?

If I recall correctly, generally it's when three, yes, 3 percent of the population is persuaded of a point

You and others may want to see the issue as terrorism - but clearly this is not how overwhelming majorities see it, obviously -- so how do they see it?

See Dance our Mods, don't want to name them (@Oscar) may not appreciate it but there are three reasons the issue is not seen as terrorism but rather what is Islam - Army supports the ideas that animates the terrorists, these people we today call terrorists were our heroes, as were their sectarian cousins, both creatures of the Army - this is the reason the army refuses to lead on this issue - Then the politicians, they know there is no profit in countering terrorism/extremism and politicians are not in politics for such things when there is money to be made and they sit in majlis with the intellectual God Fathers of extremism, third both politicians and Army officer corps knows that talib will have their head or their family members head - So there is no incentive, there is no vision for a Pakistan free of islam-ism, because all players agree that islamism is the way to go, so what if 50,000 Pakistanis have been butchered, we have millions more to sacrifice in the cause of ideology.

I don't look to the population to be the decider, it's GHQ that will be the decider, as soon as tipping point makes itself realized there.

I understand what you're saying and yes the problem doe lie in ideology. Ideology unfortunately is hard to defeat.

But hasn't the tipping point of the the army come? Their headquarters have been attacked, their men have been killed, weapons destroyed?

@Talon :P

1150145_282927698512662_959334766_n.jpg

Good one, i know a few people like that... :P

Last edited by a moderator:
:undecided: wth is.wrong with you people....should have left the Independence day from this argumental disease which most of you suffer from :cray:......

:undecided: wth is.wrong with you people....should have left the Independence day from this argumental disease which most of you suffer from :cray:......

But then how would we know we are on PDF? Faltoo ke Baas, Pakistani ka trademark.

This has become a norm for us to criticize each and every thing, har cheez mein keray nikalna......
btw did you listen to Ch.Nisar's press conf yesterday?

Yes i did sir.

There can't be any question on that. We can have 100s of complains against our country, but fact is, this is our country, our land. There could be many things which we don't like about our country. This is what we are and only we can fix the mess we created.

Happy Independence day to all

Its just a festival which reminds us of our passed time when we were not allowed to offer prayer and we get freedom from Hindu. Yes we should celebrate 14th of August.
I want those people to answer first why they celebrate EID, their Birthdays etc.

We have to think 1000 times. if this is our freedom then atleast i dont want this kind of freedom even in 14 August

Our Nation just have 1 Day for freedom and the other 264 Days are for What???? our nation is getting fade up day by day...

1. Control the Durand Line with mining.
2. Build The big and small Dams as soon as possible..

Until atleast these two points would`nt be considered till then our Patriotic Nation should not be happy to Celebrate even the Independent day with white heart, just do it in order to built the Pressure in our Politicians... because if you dont have the Water & Earth then there would be no Independent Day for ever....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom