What's new

Whether we should celeberate independence day or not?

I agree.

A lot of these problems are already being discussed: on this forum, through social media, on tv, but they're still not getting solved.

What do you think is an appropriate action at this point?

I am not sure why people are hoping for problems to MAGICALLY GET SOLVED instead of saying I will do this who is with me?! :unsure:

I am not sure why people are hoping for problems to GET SOLVED instead of saying I will do this who is with me?! :unsure:

I agree. That's basically what I was advocating in my long rant/essay in the other thread. Without any mass movement and active participation from the citizens, nothing will change

On the left 2000KG we have our Molvis who keep going ALLAH behter keray ga!

On the right we have 5000KG heavy duty who go hai yeh kiyun ho giyea HAIIIII woh kiyun nai ho raha....

While 2KG trying to DO SOMETHING is barely visible!

I agree. That's basically what I was advocating in my long rant/essay in the other thread. Without any mass movement and active participation from the citizens, nothing will change

Likewise bro...though am trying to put it in a nice way...Warna int say hi kaam chala na paray ga :woot:

Independence day must be celebrated because this brings hope that 'Acchay din nahi rahay tau buray din bhi nahi rahengey' :)

On the left 2000KG we have our Molvis who keep going ALLAH behter keray ga!

On the right we have 5000KG heavy duty who go hai yeh kiyun ho giyea HAIIIII woh kiyun nai ho raha....

While 2KG trying to DO SOMETHING is barely visible!

Likewise bro...though am trying to put it in a nice way...Warna int say hi kaam chala na paray ga :woot:

A big issue is security or the lack of. Whenever some speaks they are killed or threatened. That's why improving security and getting rid of extremists should be number one priority

This is really a cruel question if you ask a schoolgoing kid. :cry:
You get 1 day holiday from study, just do some marching... hoist flag.. eat laddus and go back home.

@Talon :P

1150145_282927698512662_959334766_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.

A lot of these problems are already being discussed: on this forum, through social media, on tv, but they're still not getting solved.

What do you think is an appropriate action at this point?

See "Tipping point" -- you may think that problems are getting a great deal of attention - but then if you were right about this, then we would be seeing solutions - and since we are not, we are then led to conclude that we have not reached what is called "tipping point".

Reality is that we are not used to critical approaches and it unhinges us to confront it or be confronted by it - this attitude leads us to failure after failure

Independence day must be celebrated because this brings hope that 'Acchay din nahi rahay tau buray din bhi nahi rahengey' :)
More like achay din aai thay tub hi Pakistan bana tha...Ab ban giyea KHIAL RAKH NA:

Nayay Diloon Ki Musafatoon Ko Ujalna Hai
Wafa Say Aansoo Ka Saathoon Ko Sanbhalna Hai
Umeed-e-Subh-e-Jamal Rakhna Khayal Rakhana
Khayal Rakhana
(REPEATS....)

Yeh Dhoob Iski, Yeh Chaoon Is Ki Humari Dolat
Yeh Khak-e-Pak Is Ki Apni Izat Hai Apni Azmat

Khayal Rakhana
(REPEATS....)

Waqar Is Ka Kabhi Na Kum Ho Kabhi Na Kum Ho
Yeh Sabz Parcham Tamam Alam Main Mohtaram Ho

Khayal Rakhana
(REPEATS....)

Watan Say Hum Hain, Watan Hai Hum Say Khayal Rakhna
Chaloo Mila Kar Kadam Kadam Say Khayal Rakhna

Khayal Rakhana
(REPEATS....)

See "Tipping point" -- you may think that problems are getting a great deal of attention - but then if you were right about this, then we would be seeing solutions - and since we are not, we are then led to conclude that we have not reached what is called "tipping point".

Reality is that we are not used to critical approaches and it unhinges us to confront it or be confronted by it - this attitude leads us to failure after failure

Well then we need to work on awareness maybe the problems are NOT getting the RIGHT attention...or with too many negative body like you many get discouraged before even trying?!

Well I do have my share problems with Pakistan...But I never complain about it in public because not until I try to mitigate them I will not complain openly! THAT is me!

Last edited by a moderator:

I wonder what the tipping point will be? The Taliban sitting in Parliament House in Islamabad? And yes Pakistan has bad habit on letting things get so bad that the state is on the verge of implosion or collapse and then realize: hey we're doing something wrong lets change our ways.

The blame is fully on the Pakistani people for letting the situation get so out of hand.

Well I do have my share problems with Pakistan...But I never complain about it in public because not until I try to mitigate them I will not complain openly! THAT is me!

This is just joke about common people it is not upon you ... I just tagged you for fun not to pointing you ..

This is just joke about common people it is not upon you ... I just tagged you for fun not to pointing you ..

I know and I responded how I differ from common people hoping they get some idea to get their a55 up and DO SOMETHING ...

I wonder what the tipping point will be? The Taliban sitting in Parliament House in Islamabad? And yes Pakistan has bad habit on letting things get so bad that the state is on the verge of implosion or collapse and then realize: hey we're doing something wrong lets change our ways.

The blame is fully on the Pakistani people for letting the situation get so out of hand.

If I recall correctly, generally it's when three, yes, 3 percent of the population is persuaded of a point

You and others may want to see the issue as terrorism - but clearly this is not how overwhelming majorities see it, obviously -- so how do they see it?

See Dance our Mods, don't want to name them (@Oscar) may not appreciate it but there are three reasons the issue is not seen as terrorism but rather what is Islam - Army supports the ideas that animates the terrorists, these people we today call terrorists were our heroes, as were their sectarian cousins, both creatures of the Army - this is the reason the army refuses to lead on this issue - Then the politicians, they know there is no profit in countering terrorism/extremism and politicians are not in politics for such things when there is money to be made and they sit in majlis with the intellectual God Fathers of extremism, third both politicians and Army officer corps knows that talib will have their head or their family members head - So there is no incentive, there is no vision for a Pakistan free of islam-ism, because all players agree that islamism is the way to go, so what if 50,000 Pakistanis have been butchered, we have millions more to sacrifice in the cause of ideology.

I don't look to the population to be the decider, it's GHQ that will be the decider, as soon as tipping point makes itself realized there.

See Dance our Mods, don't want to name them (@Oscar) may not appreciate it but there are three reasons the issue is not seen as terrorism but rather what is Islam - Army supports the ideas that animates the terrorists, these people we today call terrorists were our heroes, as were their sectarian cousins, both creatures of the Army - this is the reason the army refuses to lead on this issue - Then the politicians, they know there is no profit in countering terrorism/extremism and politicians are not in politics for such things when there is money to be made and they sit in majlis with the intellectual God Fathers of extremism, third both politicians and Army officer corps knows that talib will have their head or their family members head - So there is no incentive, there is no vision for a Pakistan free of islam-ism, because all players agree that islamism is the way to go, so what if 50,000 Pakistanis have been butchered, we have millions more to sacrifice in the cause of ideology.

I don't look to the population to be the decider, it's GHQ that will be the decider, as soon as tipping point makes itself realized there.

Assumptions again.

I agree with you that the problem lies in particular ideologies that were once the pet peeve of our state apparatus but have now come to bite us in the back. Yes and yes to all of your post.. appreciated a lot . :yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom