What's new

Where's secularism, asks Emraan after being denied house

secularism walks away when it comes to rich hindus unfortunatly !!

Emraan Hashmi alleges that he’s been refused a flat in a housing society, purportedly because he’s a Muslim. This is hardly the first time

Emraan Hashmi
that people from the film industry have alleged communal discrimination. TOI does a recap

Emraan says, “This is a sensitive issue. Aap aasani se kehte hain ki aap Muslim hain but the problem is much bigger. They’ve also told me ki serial kisser ko flat nahi denge.

On the other side, there are other Bollywood peoole like Anil Dhawan, Prem Chopra who live in the same society. On Thursday, I spoke to the minority commission and the commission has sent across a notice to the society. They’ve also found out that a lot of brokers from Bandra face similar discrimination. In a lot of other buildings, there is discrimination against Muslims too.

I asked a prominent person to advise me on this and his answer shocked the daylights out of me. He said, “Aisa toh hota hai. Why don’t you take the flat in your wife’s name? She is a Hindu,” he told me. This is bizarre. Why do we call India secular then? My wife herself is shocked. There are many film stars who live in that area too so why are they discriminating against me?

I purchased a flat three years ago and I had no such problems. But I had heard about discrimination. This is not the first time I have heard about such an issue. It has happened with other stars like Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar and Saif Ali Khan earlier. But they felt that if they just ignored it, the problem would be solved. But I can’t do that.

Today what has happened to me can happen to others too. Mumbai has people of all races, religions and countries. It is the financial capital of India and is full of educated people. It is sad that such things happen here. I am sure that the situation is worse in other cities.
I had heard of such discriminatory cases in the year 2007 also and so there is no connection with the 26/11 terror attacks. Other actors and models have faced similar problems. The bottomline is why are they not giving me an NOC. I am not doing anything illegal, I am not a terrorist. It all sounds too absurd.’’

I went to a muslim builder: Saif
I know there are localities and building societies that won't sell real estate to anyone who's a Muslim. I went to a Muslim builder to avoid complications. And it's not restricted to building societies in Mumbai, it's there in society in general. It's common knowledge that in certain areas of Juhu and Bandra land and houses are not sold to Muslims. I'm constantly surprised by how much religion matters to some people here.”

Javed and I were denied a house: Shabana Azmi
Yes, I was denied a house in Mumbai because Javed and I are Muslims. And it was not because we are non-vegetarians – the family I was getting it from were non-vegetarian. It wasn’t because we were film people either, because a very big filmstar also lives there. I remember Zeenat Aman calling me up very distressed a few years ago because she couldn’t find a flat either. I’ve read that Arshad Warsi had a bad time too for the same reason ...

This will shut alot of mouths who think that becase of meat eating is a cause the cause is because they are all Muslims. I have read about dilip kumar that he resides there the reason is simple he probably bought that house 50 years ago or so may be he was lucky. Or maybe he bought that property under his alias name dilip kumar which is an Hindu name. Guys please admit the fact 70% of indian Hindu don't like Muslims becase we have ruin your culture by invading india, the reason I said 70% because they are hardliner and rest 30 are gullible by choice.

No flat for Muslim & serial-kisser Emraan! - News & Interviews - Bollywood - ENTERTAINMENT - The Times of India

Last edited:
If Muslim movie stars are having such a hard time finding a home/flat/apartment, imagine a regular average Muslim in India.

Serial Kisser is a term that i definitely wouldn't mind having :lol:

Guys,amir khan and his nephew imran khan own apartments in palli hill....,..i think this has more to do with his popularity as a serial kisser

If Muslim movie stars are having such a hard time finding a home/flat/apartment, imagine a regular average Muslim in India.

Well said bro, you know I have different task now. I am going to interview people in Old Dehli, because I am travelling to India for 3nights I will ask how secular India is and will uptade the mods with the footage I will take.

i think this has more to do with his popularity as a serial kisser

And dont you think its illegal in a Secualr society?
Sorry if i missed your views in any of your previous posts on this

Well said bro, you know I have different task now. I am going to interview people in Old Dehli, because I am travelling to India for 3nights I will ask how secular India is and will uptade the mods with the footage I will take.

I hope you get the truth
let me assure you......your video evidence would be labeled as either ISI propaganda or by an influx of irrelevant posts by Indian members, and such flame comments will be posted that the topic will get burried way down ... but i sincelrely hope not

And dont you think its illegal in a Secualr society?
Sorry if i missed your views in any of your previous posts on this

no,but his popularity as a vulgar player on the screen maybe a cause of the taboo......nobody knows the reason for sure but that MAYBE a reason(not that i am saying thats right,and this has nothing to do with secularity!!)....fact that amir also owns a place there,may seal the muslim-discrimination theory....lets see

no,but his popularity as a vulgar player on the screen maybe a cause of the taboo......nobody knows the reason for sure but that MAYBE a reason(not that i am saying thats right,and this has nothing to do with secularity!!)....fact that amir also owns a place there,may seal the muslim-discrimination theory....lets see

So what you mean to say is that in a secular society, its is alright to deny a citizen's right to purchse a property just because his perception is vulgar...and yet Indian memebers say that emran hasmi is loved by millions of indians.....:hitwall:

Emraan Hashmi alleges that he’s been refused a flat in a housing society, purportedly because he’s a Muslim. This is hardly the first time

Emraan Hashmi
that people from the film industry have alleged communal discrimination. TOI does a recap

Emraan says, “This is a sensitive issue. Aap aasani se kehte hain ki aap Muslim hain but the problem is much bigger. They’ve also told me ki serial kisser ko flat nahi denge.

On the other side, there are other Bollywood peoole like Anil Dhawan, Prem Chopra who live in the same society. On Thursday, I spoke to the minority commission and the commission has sent across a notice to the society. They’ve also found out that a lot of brokers from Bandra face similar discrimination. In a lot of other buildings, there is discrimination against Muslims too.

I asked a prominent person to advise me on this and his answer shocked the daylights out of me. He said, “Aisa toh hota hai. Why don’t you take the flat in your wife’s name? She is a Hindu,” he told me. This is bizarre. Why do we call India secular then? My wife herself is shocked. There are many film stars who live in that area too so why are they discriminating against me?

I purchased a flat three years ago and I had no such problems. But I had heard about discrimination. This is not the first time I have heard about such an issue. It has happened with other stars like Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar and Saif Ali Khan earlier. But they felt that if they just ignored it, the problem would be solved. But I can’t do that.

Today what has happened to me can happen to others too. Mumbai has people of all races, religions and countries. It is the financial capital of India and is full of educated people. It is sad that such things happen here. I am sure that the situation is worse in other cities.
I had heard of such discriminatory cases in the year 2007 also and so there is no connection with the 26/11 terror attacks. Other actors and models have faced similar problems. The bottomline is why are they not giving me an NOC. I am not doing anything illegal, I am not a terrorist. It all sounds too absurd.’’

I went to a muslim builder: Saif
I know there are localities and building societies that won't sell real estate to anyone who's a Muslim. I went to a Muslim builder to avoid complications. And it's not restricted to building societies in Mumbai, it's there in society in general. It's common knowledge that in certain areas of Juhu and Bandra land and houses are not sold to Muslims. I'm constantly surprised by how much religion matters to some people here.”

Javed and I were denied a house: Shabana Azmi
Yes, I was denied a house in Mumbai because Javed and I are Muslims. And it was not because we are non-vegetarians – the family I was getting it from were non-vegetarian. It wasn’t because we were film people either, because a very big filmstar also lives there. I remember Zeenat Aman calling me up very distressed a few years ago because she couldn’t find a flat either. I’ve read that Arshad Warsi had a bad time too for the same reason ...

This will shut alot of mouths who think that becase of meat eating is a cause the cause is because they are all Muslims. I have read about dilip kumar that he resides there the reason is simple he probably bought that house 50 years ago or so may be he was lucky. Or maybe he bought that property under his alias name dilip kumar which is an Hindu name. Guys please admit the fact 70% of indian Hindu don't like Muslims becase we have ruin your culture by invading india, the reason I said 70% because they are hardliner and rest 30 are gullible by choice.

No flat for Muslim & serial-kisser Emraan! - News & Interviews - Bollywood - ENTERTAINMENT - The Times of India

Could you please explain how you got this 70% statistics. Coz as much as discrimination exists I can also tell you stories of communal harmony.

India is surely opening up. And i am not ashamed to admit we have our share of descrimination, but we have been evolving and growing. And with greater emphasis on education we will completely come above this. At least there is hope in the future.

I agree. Quite some time back I was house searching with a friend. The agent showed some nice houses in a veggie dominant locality since that was his first choice. Some really nice houses at decent rates. My friend chose the house. I simply refused because
a) I eat fish
b) There werent any non-veg restaurants nearby
c)If I cooked non-veg at home it would make the neighbours uncomfortable
d) It would simply be arrogant on my part if after knowing all this, I insisted on staying there knowing I would make everyone, including myself unhappy by staying there.
e) It would only be a little more effort to find another place which I did find.

Look people are different, for every simple thing if folks start shouting discrimination, then really when there is no one notices. One cant demand that people must be comfortable with every aspect about you when you yourself might be uncomfortable with others in some case.

I know of folks who simply don't give their house on rent to localites.i.e. many his own community. They give only to folks on transfer or who are not permanent to that area simply out of fear that the localite might not move out of place and he will be left with legal problems etc. Its just very normal for people to avoid much hassle.

This problem of food simply cannot arise in the given situation because the houses we are talking about are so big you cannot even care who the person is. I can't believe the society there cares about religion. They are money people.
We have to admit there is a problem in India. We see segregation everywhere in India based on community. Hell we see caste based colonies here.
But I can't believe that this can happen at a post place like Palli Hill. Either Hashmi dude is buying out the issue and trying to pressure the society guys into giving NOC, or the society is really communal we don't know what the real reasons are.
There is a real problem with the societies like these dominated or entirely held by one community.
In settled colonies of towns I don't think there will be a problem as long as muslims don't kill a cow in the public which almost never happens. In fact even then it is only some right wing junta who will create trouble. In many places like mine, muslims voluntarily come forward during festival time saying they will not kill a cow publicly and everyone is happy.

:D yeh was just a light joke. I have good friends from Kerala and some Malus.

I dont know about Andhra Pardesh but indeed i was served with beaf in Tamil Nadu. And my friends from Dehli went ga ga over.

I do not eat beaf so i used to forward it to my Dehli friends and they were so happy to have beaf because they were longing for it as in Dehli you cant have Beaf.

As far as i have visited the places in Tamil Nadu I was wondering that Tamil Nadu was relevently conservative still beaf was available there.
:cheers:You can have beef in any state of India any developed town in the south except some called agraharas where you may not be able to get even chicken. I think its the same with North. I can't believe there is no beef in Delhi.!!

What are you talking about Andhra Pradesh?! You know where Hyderabad is? You should visit there.

:cheers:You can have beef in any state of India any developed town in the south except some called agraharas where you may not be able to get even chicken. I think its the same with North. I can't believe there is no beef in Delhi.!!

What are you talking about Andhra Pradesh?! You know where Hyderabad is? You should visit there.

Well you can get beef in Delhi too ;) and have seen many northies lining up for it. :D. No body stops ya.

Sorry BSF but that's completely not TRUE.. Biases occur in EVERY country in the world and to completely say no such thing occurs is laughable to the say the least

I am not a Muslim ...I was just quoting Salman Khan.
There is no bias against minorities: Salman

I personally think that it was because of Hashmi's image as a Serial Kisser that got him into trouble.

Imran Khan has a appt in the same flats and so does Dilip Kumar.

I think people do not want a "serial kisser" amongst them.
He might go about kissing their sons, wifes and daughters and even grand daughters and grand sons :D :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom