What's new

Where's secularism, asks Emraan after being denied house

:cheers:You can have beef in any state of India any developed town in the south except some called agraharas where you may not be able to get even chicken. I think its the same with North. I can't believe there is no beef in Delhi.!!

What are you talking about Andhra Pradesh?! You know where Hyderabad is? You should visit there.

Yes mate I've been to Hyderabad,AP
I've stayed there for 8 months on a project work, I fell very much in love with the old city of Hyderabad(Predominantly muslim area)

food man food!! spicy food!!!
I savoured all kinds of biryani (chicken, mutton, beef) and thick brothhyy Haleem

actually they call beef biryani as kalyani biryani!! dont ask me why??

I enjoyed a lot!!

Sorry BSF but that's completely not TRUE.. Biases occur in EVERY country in the world and to completely say no such thing occurs is laughable to the say the least

I would agree with you. I believe there are two yardsticks to measure 'secularism'. One, is the attitude of the state towards religion and two, is the attitude of the constituents of the state towards religion.

India, probably scores high on first account, although a lot of chinks need to be ironed out. But it is the on the second account, that I believe India has more work to do.

Unfortunately on this board, people often fail to make a distinction between 'public' affair (state policy) and 'private' affair (individual point of view).

Thus, Hashmi being denied of an apartment, apparently due to his religion, is a 'private' affair and not 'public' one. No society can be completely free from these personal biases. To think otherwise would be foolhardy.

As long as the state policy doesn't discriminate between religion, and a major portion of the state constituency adheres to such non-discriminatory policies, I would say secularism exists within that society.

I have gone through this thread and am still puzzled as exactly what relationship "secular governance has with religious prejudice? - The gentleman in question has charged religious bias against him in a real estate case(s) - what the heck does that have to do with secular governance??

So what you mean to say is that in a secular society, its is alright to deny a citizen's right to purchse a property just because his perception is vulgar...and yet Indian memebers say that emran hasmi is loved by millions of indians.....:hitwall:
Well, in a secular society no body can deny anybody anything based on his caste, creed, tribe or religion. Problem is proving religious bigotry as the reason of denial, can be tricky.

Any yes Hashmi is loved by millions but similarly disliked by, perhaps equal number of people or may be more.

NEW DELHI: Brushing aside the Emraan Hashmi controversy as a "one-off" episode, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan on Saturday said that such
incidents should not be given importance.

The actor, who is a practicing Muslim but prefers to call himself a "secular Indian", said, "I have never been treated differently because of my religion. I am 44 years old now and never in my life have I felt discriminated."

He was reacting to a question related to the recent uproar caused by actor Emraan Hashmi's allegations that a housing society in posh Pali Hill area denied him the NOC to purchase a flat in the building because he is a Muslim.

Shah Rukh said that he cannot deny the existence of such incidents but added, "It is a one-off incident and should not be given too much importance."

"We are a fast growing nation and the reason for our development is the fact that we have overcome the barriers of religion, castes, class in our hearts and minds. We should not let these small incident affect us," Shah Rukh said.

Earlier Bollywood star Salman Khan too had expressed his disagreement over Hashmi's accusation.

"If religious profiling indeed happened, Emraan Hashmi would not have been what he is today. Similarly, Salman, Aamir and Shah Rukh Khan would not be what they are today," Salman said adding that such incidents take place because of the individual's personality and not his religion.

"If religious profiling indeed happened, Emraan Hashmi would not have been what he is today. Similarly, Salman, Aamir and Shah Rukh Khan would not be what they are today," Salman said adding that such incidents take place because of the individual's personality and not his religion.
That is the most sensible thing Sallu has said in his life time. But, given his own reputation, I won't be surprised if somebody pulls a Hashmi on him too:azn:

Hashmi might just end up paying for playing the religion card, with his career.

Anyway, who'd like to share neighborhood with likes of Hashmi, Mallika Sherawat or Rakhi Sawant...not me, I don't want my kids to grow around knowing those "personalities".

Anyway, who'd like to share neighborhood with likes of Hashmi, Mallika Sherawat or Rakhi Sawant...not me, I don't want my kids to grow around knowing those "personalities".

I would suggest mars brother..!! There you wont find one single bad mannered human being..!!! :D

Come on man, are you trying to say that these guys are going to kiss all people around them and spoil everyone around them. That is the lamest thing i have ever heard. Make sure that you impart good things to your child, and make sure that you are taking the effor to understand the child and his character. Blaming hasmi, mallika, rakhi sawant for your son/daughters problem is stuipd.

I have gone through this thread and am still puzzled as exactly what relationship "secular governance has with religious prejudice? - The gentleman in question has charged religious bias against him in a real estate case(s) - what the heck does that have to do with secular governance??

None at all.

The best way to attract attention is to give it a communal spin.. thats just what is happening.

Even before the attack in Mumbai happened, the residential societies in Mumbai were very firm on whom to allow / disallow as tenants or new members . I know of countless cases wherein ppl were denied entry. This did not relate to any community at .

Hashmi's U-turn: No discrimination for being Muslim - India - NEWS - The Times of India

MUMBAI: In a U-turn, actor Emraan Hashmi, who had alleged that he was denied a flat by a housing society because he was Muslim, today claimed

there was no discrimination against him and the controversy arose because of a "miscommunication".

"The dispute between me and the members of Nibbana housing society has been resolved. The society had not discriminated against me. There had been a miscommunication," Hashmi, who had sparked a furore with his allegation of religious profiling, told reporters after a hearing on his complaint at the State Minorities Commission.

Hashmi's lawyer Majeed Memon said that a broker Jagjit Arora had told the actor that the society had refused to sell the flat as Hashmi was a Muslim.

"The secretary of the society today told Emraan that they had not discriminated against the actor and that if anyone in the building wants to sell their flat then Emraan can buy it," Memon said.

Secretary J P Chatri told the Commission that "they would not refuse the actor on religious grounds as there are several other Muslims residing in the building," the lawyer said.

The owner of the flat D U Suvarna, who was also present during the hearing, said he would be more than happy to sell the flat to the actor who is like a "son" to him.

"I have not decided on what I will do with my flat. But if I decide to sell the flat then my first choice would be Hashmi," Suvarna said.

On July 31, the actor approached the Minorities Commission accusing the housing society in posh Pali Hill of religious profiling by refusing a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to him to purchase a flat in the society.

The society houses film and television actors including well known villain Prem Chopra.

"The issue has been blown out of proportion by the media. It was a miscommunication and has been resolved after all the parties sat across the table today," Naseem Siddiqui, Chairman of the Minorities Commission said.

lol, please someone explain to me why they branded him a serial kisser? what are they referring to?

lol, please someone explain to me why they branded him a serial kisser? what are they referring to?

Kissing on the silver screen is still kinda taboo in Indian culture. Emraan Hasmi is a well known for is onscreen kissing performances where some actresses have even expressed admiration for his "kissing skills".

Hence the name serial kisser

In a U-turn, actor Emraan Hashmi, who had alleged that he was denied a flat by a housing society because he was Muslim, on Monday claimed there was no discrimination against him and the controversy arose because of a "miscommunication".

"The dispute between me and the members of Nibbana housing society has been resolved. The society had not discriminated against me. There had been a miscommunication," Hashmi, who had sparked a furore with his allegation of religious profiling, told reporters after a hearing on his complaint at the State Minorities Commission.

Hashmi's lawyer Majeed Memon said that a broker Jagjit Arora had told the actor that the society had refused to sell the flat as Hashmi was a Muslim.

"The secretary of the society on Monday told Emraan that they had not discriminated against the actor and that if anyone in the building wants to sell their flat then Emraan can buy it," Memon said.

Secretary J P Chatri told the Commission that "they would not refuse the actor on religious grounds as there are several other Muslims residing in the building," the lawyer said.

The owner of the flat D U Suvarna, who was also present during the hearing, said he would be more than happy to sell the flat to the actor who is like a "son" to him.

"I have not decided on what I will do with my flat. But if I decide to sell the flat then my first choice would be Hashmi," Suvarna said.

On July 31, the actor approached the Minorities Commission accusing the housing society in posh Pali Hill of religious profiling by refusing a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to him to purchase a flat in the society.

The society houses film and television
actors including well known villain Prem Chopra.

"The issue has been blown out of proportion by the media. It was a miscommunication and has been resolved after all the parties sat across the table on Monday," Naseem Siddiqui, Chairman of the Minorities Commission said.
HERE
Now what do the Pakistani members have to say about this..Esp JANA.She seems to be leading the bandwagon?

Back
Top Bottom