What's new

Where's secularism, asks Emraan after being denied house

The statement provided by Emraan Hashmi only tells that he has the brain of the peanut, India is secular refers to constitution not the psyche of a personal or a society. There are many housing societies in Mumbai like jain/vegeterian/gujarati/some hindu/muslim which don't want people of other belief/community to live among them for various reasons. Here the actor is playing just a religion card to get his work done.

If I have a house...I have right to rent it /sell it to anyone I like....may be I will give it to my Muslim friend or may be to my Sikh friend even though a Hindu may be offering a higher price.....its my wish....
Its about personal preferences.......

My personal life has some examples...We had a Cook from Nepal...he stole some money from my purse and i caught him...so I don't keep Nepalese Cook anymore....so its my personal preference...

Same goes to anyone....

Hmm thank god your indian cook didnt steal any money... you know wonder the cost of importing one from abroad..!!! ;) Just kidding.

I know its a personal choice to sell your house, but this case above of hashmi is different. However now since you have raised the issue, i would say if that decision is influenced by religion and race, that is highly condemenble and that persons status in my view would stand very low.

This is the soft core extremism that we should all be free of, and i am not talking against Hindus, i am talking against all extremist Hindus, Muslims, Christians, jains and go knows what else....

How moderate we try to project ourselves we should be free from basing our judgement based on religion and race then only we can do justice to the true meaning of democracy.

And you trying to cover a blanket on the soft core extremism that exists in our society is like closing our eyes and believing that the whole world would not see you. Open up to the truth and dare to question your own beliefs.

This is the soft core extremism that we should all be free of, and i am not talking against Hindus, i am talking against all extremist Hindus, Muslims, Christians, jains and go knows what else....

How moderate we try to project ourselves we should be free from basing our judgement based on religion and race then only we can do justice to the true meaning of democracy.

And you trying to cover a blanket on the soft core extremism that exists in our society is like closing our eyes and believing that the whole world would not see you. Open up to the truth and dare to question your own beliefs.

This soft core extremism is practiced everywhere in the world...

Eg. Whites in UK don't rent houses to South Asians...people from the same community or religion tend to stick to same neighbourhood.....

I am not justifying anything here....it exists everywhere and being Humans you will have to live these prejudices...

It is bad...everyone will agree to it....but it still exists.......

MUMBAI: "Am I a criminal or a terrorist?" asked an upset Emraan Hashmi on Friday. The Bollywood actor alleged he had been denied a house he

wanted to buy in the upmarket Pali Hill area of Mumbai because he was Muslim.

The actor, who was not given a no-objection certificate (NOC), believes the housing society in Pali Hill was hiding the real reason for its refusal.

"This has political connotations, so they don't want to talk about it openly. Yesterday (Thursday), they told me that I can't get the NOC. I asked them why aren't you giving me the certificate -- am I a criminal, or a terrorist or have I done anything illegal?" Emraan told reporters here with his uncle and well-known filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt by his side.

"It is strange that they don't tell you on your face that you can't get a house because you are a Muslim. It would have been easier if they would have told me openly. What they told me is that they can't allow me to live there because I am a serial kisser and my presence will have a bad influence on the children staying there.

"Being a celebrity if I'm facing problems in buying a house here, I wonder what kind of problems others would have been facing. All the time we are talking about secularism but with such incidents what secularism are people talking about?" asked the actor.

Emraan said someone suggested to him that he purchase the house in the name of his wife Parveen, who is a Hindu. "I can do that, but why should I do that?" he asked.

Bhatt said such discrimination was a serious problem plaguing the country.

"Even 62 years after independence, the virus of communalism is alive in an area like Pali Hill, which is known as India's Beverly Hills where stars like Sunil Dutt lived and Dilip Kumar is still living there. It's a serious problem and is the country ready to accept that communalism is still surviving?" he said.

"There are also certain societies in the area that do not give NOCs to non-Hindus," he said.

Emraan, who featured in films like "Murder", "Gangster - A Love Story", wanted to buy a house in Pali Hill so that he could stay close to his parents, but the actor was refused the NOC by Pali Hill's Nibbana Cooperative Society.

He has filed a complaint with the State Minorities' Commission, demanding action against the society members. The society reportedly has mostly Hindus and a couple of Catholic families.

This is not the first time Hashmi has faced such a problem.

"I faced a similar situation in August 2007, when I was looking for a house in the same area; residents and brokers told me I would not be able to get a house because I was a Muslim. But I later managed to get one," Emraan told a newspaper Thursday.

Earlier Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar had faced problems in getting a house in Juhu and TV actor Aamir Khan filed a litigation after being refused a house in Lokhandwala.

So called secular India

Where's secularism, asks Emraan after being denied house - Mumbai - City - NEWS - The Times of India

It is actually very sad that someone is being refused housing because of religion. Indian muslims on the whole are not the kind that can evoke suspicion. Significant populations in India do need to understand that Indian Muslims are not the same as Pakistani Muslims and there is no cause for alarm.

Highlighted (in the first post itself) is the response to the query raised by whoever (in the title of the post).

Pali Hill, which is known as India's Beverly Hills where stars like Sunil Dutt lived and Dilip Kumar is still living there

Well they dont mind hindu actors living near them ,the problem seems to be muslim actors

Well since you ignorantly claim "dilip kumar" lives there i guess this settles the debate about discrimination.

Dilip Kumar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please go through above before making an utter fool out of yourself.

IMO, HINDUSTAN will never become a proper secular society...mainly because of the JAHALAT in their society.......

I GUESS.....HATHY KAY DANT KHANAY KAY AUR, DAYKHANY KAY AUR

We have only heard one side of the story , lets wait for the full report to emerge as to why he was denied a house there.

You never know.

false,
nothing about religion or their industry.. this happens due to eating habits... most buildings that have brahmins, vaishnov or jain residents dont even sell to other hindus (meat eaters):sick:
at my friends apartment a woman filed a FIR with cops because her neighbor (muslim) used to cook dry fish:D; next morning the muslim guy tied a goat in his parking space:rofl::flame:

I agree. Quite some time back I was house searching with a friend. The agent showed some nice houses in a veggie dominant locality since that was his first choice. Some really nice houses at decent rates. My friend chose the house. I simply refused because
a) I eat fish
b) There werent any non-veg restaurants nearby
c)If I cooked non-veg at home it would make the neighbours uncomfortable
d) It would simply be arrogant on my part if after knowing all this, I insisted on staying there knowing I would make everyone, including myself unhappy by staying there.
e) It would only be a little more effort to find another place which I did find.

Look people are different, for every simple thing if folks start shouting discrimination, then really when there is no one notices. One cant demand that people must be comfortable with every aspect about you when you yourself might be uncomfortable with others in some case.

I know of folks who simply don't give their house on rent to localites.i.e. many his own community. They give only to folks on transfer or who are not permanent to that area simply out of fear that the localite might not move out of place and he will be left with legal problems etc. Its just very normal for people to avoid much hassle.

IMO, HINDUSTAN will never become a proper secular society...mainly because of the JAHALAT in their society.......

I GUESS.....HATHY KAY DANT KHANAY KAY AUR, DAYKHANY KAY AUR

Please google for the definition of jahalat....its something like illiteracy...and pakistans got more of "jahalat " than India.

And when the elephant walks...the rats squirm...

Brother, who are these jains and muslims and hindus to deny an indian citizen the right to buy a house and live where he wants.

You should stipulate the requirments to be fullfilled inorder to buy a house in your society, why are they not putting it in black and white and in paper saying that such and such things are to be followed in order to qualify for purchasing a house in this locality.

What guarentt can you give that an hindu wont eat beef, a family man wont bring prostitutes, or a so called decent hindu wouldnt turns alocholic and create a rucks, and so called muslim man wont be a criminal. These are pure prejudice man, people think muslims or a section of society does so and so things, and hence they are not eligible for a right to spend their own money and buy someone eless house,

If you bring in communal colour to your Objection, that is simply not acceptable man..!!!!

Brother,

If in a Muslim Co. Op. Society I bring Pork Will they allow me.
If in a Hindu Co. Op. Soc. If i bring Beef Will they allow me.
If in a Jain Co. Op. Soc. If i make Omelet Will they allow me.

Making your house a Randi Khana is not allowed you can complain to the police.

Drinking Alochol and create a rucks are not allowed in any of the societies you can complain to the police.

--
What you are saying will only cause more problem. Think before you talk.
--

The best place to stay is a Zhopadpati. Everyone is equal there...:)

Thats a bit too extreme thinking. I hope its just a harmless joke. In case if you have some misconceptions, i am from Kerala, and majority Hindus here beef its something like the state food of Kerala and the same is the case with Andhra and Tamil Nadu. So i would say chill sis.... ;)

:D yeh was just a light joke. I have good friends from Kerala and some Malus.

I dont know about Andhra Pardesh but indeed i was served with beaf in Tamil Nadu. And my friends from Dehli went ga ga over.

I do not eat beaf so i used to forward it to my Dehli friends and they were so happy to have beaf because they were longing for it as in Dehli you cant have Beaf.

As far as i have visited the places in Tamil Nadu I was wondering that Tamil Nadu was relevently conservative still beaf was available there.

Last edited:
Please google for the definition of jahalat....its something like illiteracy...and pakistans got more of "jahalat " than India.

And when the elephant walks...the rats squirm...

LOL what a name. Do you know meaning of your name???

:woot:

Back
Top Bottom