What's new

Where's secularism, asks Emraan after being denied house

This thing happens the other way round too. Its very difficult for non-muslims to buy property in muslim mohallas. Not that many non-muslims prefer to live in muslim dominated areas. So there is some kind of ghettoisation happening all the time.
Some housing societies only allow people of certain caste or region or whatever differentiates them for others. In Mumbai its impossible for non-gujarathis to buy property in housing scoieties dominated by Gujarathis. Some housing societies are exclusive to military people.
I think its mostly a matter of personal choice of people what kind of neighbhourhood they want to live in or create for themselves..

This thing happens the other way round too. Its very difficult for non-muslims to buy property in muslim mohallas. Not that many non-muslims prefer to live in muslim dominated areas. So there is some kind of ghettoisation happening all the time.
Some housing societies only allow people of certain caste or region or whatever differentiates them for others. In Mumbai its impossible for non-gujarathis to buy property in housing scoieties dominated by Gujarathis. Some housing societies are exclusive to military people.
I think its mostly a matter of personal choice of people what kind of neighbhourhood they want to live in or create for themselves..

It has more to do with a biased society than a personal choice.

It has more to do with a biased society than a personal choice.

Yep.. thats true.. after all we are all humans.. and have our own personal preferences and prejudices. It happens all over the world. The US cities have their own black, hispanic .. ghettoes.. same in Europe.
The Indian constitution is secular in letter in so that it seperates religion from governance and treats all religions equal. But it cannot force people to go against their will. If people want to live in a particular neigbhourhood or create a specific neighbourhood for themselves, there is nothing the law can do to stop it. Its people basic right to choice of life.

Hey Come one guys,We are still in India and Money can do anything in India.Even a Pakistani can buy properties, even citizenship if you can afford some money. Something fishy here !!! He doesn't need any publicity this way, but definitely he is playing something :)

Hey Come one guys,We are still in India and Money can do anything in India.Even a Pakistani can buy properties, even citizenship if you can afford some money. Something fishy here !!!

hey find a banglow for me :partay:

Well since you ignorantly claim "dilip kumar" lives there i guess this settles the debate about discrimination.

Dilip Kumar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please go through above before making an utter fool out of yourself.

Originally Posted by glomex View Post
Its not only Muslim Actors....you can locate multiple incidents of people from film industry especially girls have been refused houses....just because of their industry....This incident got highlighted only because he is also a Muslim....

It was one you indian mates that pointed out that certain areas dont like having actors-singers ect living in there neighbourhood.......i only pointed that other actors live there so the excuse of not liking actors ect is false.......and if muslim actors are living there then whats the problem?

Pali Hill, which is known as India's Beverly Hills where stars like Sunil Dutt lived and Dilip Kumar is still living there

Well they dont mind hindu actors living near them ,the problem seems to be muslim actors

Dilip Kumar's real name is Yusuf Khan (Hindi: यूसुफ़ ख़ान; Urdu: یوسف خان).
He and his wife Saira are Muslim.

Nargis Dutt was Sunil Dutt's wife and she was Muslim.

Emran hashmis's wife's name is Praveen and she is a Hindu.

Lot of societies do not want actor's in their societies hence they reject them so many actors did not get accomodation thier.

Emran is trying to achieve cheap publicity. If it would have been Hindu/Muslim issue then how come he become so succesful ?

Sharukh/Amir/Salman are top three bollywood actors, Himesh reshmiya, upcoming actor Imraan Khan and many more are Muslims are they not successful ? Its not religion but talent which made the successful.

Brother,

If in a Muslim Co. Op. Society I bring Pork Will they allow me.
If in a Hindu Co. Op. Soc. If i bring Beef Will they allow me.
If in a Jain Co. Op. Soc. If i make Omelet Will they allow me.

Making your house a Randi Khana is not allowed you can complain to the police.

Drinking Alochol and create a rucks are not allowed in any of the societies you can complain to the police.

--
What you are saying will only cause more problem. Think before you talk.
--

The best place to stay is a Zhopadpati. Everyone is equal there...:)

Brother... i am talking against all those. You where trying to bilittle a zhopad pati, but infact you are billitiling yourself and glorifying the zhopad pati. I would prefer to live in a zhopad patty where i am not discriminated, rather than a posh colony where i am looked down upon.

I understand the practical aspect, but i still understand the moral lacuna here. And i am only trying improve msyself by removing my prejudices and not to gain one upman ship here.

I will tell you if you say muslim co .op soc are only for muslims hindu co op soc are only for hindus... you are silently advocating a division of india based on religion again. Practical aspect ko goli maro, you try to just see whther that practical aspect is moraly right or not..!!! If you feel that is right go for it, but if you find it wrong, just ATLEAST SAY IT IS WRONG.

Last edited:
:D yeh was just a light joke. I have good friends from Kerala and some Malus.

I dont know about Andhra Pardesh but indeed i was served with beaf in Tamil Nadu. And my friends from Dehli went ga ga over.

I do not eat beaf so i used to forward it to my Dehli friends and they were so happy to have beaf because they were longing for it as in Dehli you cant have Beaf.

As far as i have visited the places in Tamil Nadu I was wondering that Tamil Nadu was relevently conservative still beaf was available there.

Hey you have friends from kerala, thats suprising. You are based at dubai or what?? and what made you come to India??

And by beaf you actualy meant beef right????:D

And hey you dont need to use caps my eyesight is still pretty much ok..!!:D

And sis. you cannot bracket india as this or that. India is much more than that.:)

Last edited:
I think in only west bengal and kerala of india,there is no strings attached with cow slaughter

I think in only west bengal and kerala of india,there is no strings attached with cow slaughter

Yeah you are right. We have our own problems. But never a problem with religion. But people from Muslim majority areas are being brain washed and they are sent to fight in Kashmir. This is one thing that worries me about my state. The contrasting character, coz no one in my state is discriminated against in the name of religion and i can proudly say that. But i don't know why the Muslims from my states are doing this and going to Kashmir to fight against Indian state. :( Only reason i can think of, is of religious fanaticism.

Hey you have friends from kerala, thats suprising. You are based at dubai or what??

1. nah i am prefty much based in Pakistan and land of the guns. yup have many friends

and what made you come to India??
thats a top secret ;)

And by beaf you actualy meant beef right????
:D

ah old habits take time to die. My spells have always been horrible and overlooked by me.

And hey you dont need to use caps my eyesight is still pretty much ok..!!

Nah you need to check the eyesight because i dint use caps

And sis. you cannot bracket india as this or that. India is much more than that.:)

I dint

Yeah you are right. We have our own problems. But never a problem with religion. But people from Muslim majority areas are being brain washed and they are sent to fight in Kashmir. This is one thing that worries me about my state. The contrasting character, coz no one in my state is discriminated against in the name of religion and i can proudly say that. But i don't know why the Muslims from my states are doing this and going to Kashmir to fight against Indian state. :( Only reason i can think of, is of religious fanaticism.

I wish if your claim was true.

The Indian Muslims have never gone to Occupied Kashmir to fight along with Kashmiris for freedom from Indian occupation.

Neither the Kashmiris have ever done any terrorism in India. They are fighting against invaders in their own land Kashmir.

Back
Top Bottom