What's new

where-should-a-pakistani-hindu-go

So far as Pakistani Hindus not being allowed to join the Army till the 2000s or the Intelligence community is concerned - I don't know; maybe @Icarus or @Xeric would be able to confirm that ! As I understand, the only thing that happened post 2000s was a concentrated effort to recruit more ethnic and religious minorities in the Armies and not that ethnic or religious minorities were barred from being recruited pre-2000s.

There is nothing barring any minority group from joining the Armed Forces, the Forces are secular, nationalist in nature and the only thing barring anyone from joining is Pakistani Nationality. The reason not many hindus are seen in the Armed Forces has more to do with the demographics rather than any systematic marginalization, to begin with, there are very few Hindus in Pakistan to begin with, in contrast, Christians are a much more visible minority and are an important part of the Military. Furthermore, most Hindus are concentrated in rural Sindh where they live as farmers and nomads whereas those in the cities belong to affluent families of traders or doctors, there are a number of military doctors who are hindu, I have personally been treated by one who was posted with Punjab Rangers at the time.

Add: Extracted from the PR that Armstrong posted:

Cfn / VM Gulzar Ahmed (Shaheed), Cfn / VM Ashok Kumar (Shaheed), Sep Ibrar Khan,

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom