What's new

Where is Islam in Islamic Republic of Pakistan?

So you agree that your assertion that Shias will divide Pakistan was wrong... thats good...

Now you need to explain how Caliphate was the cause of bloodshed... Is it some sort of rule in Caliphate that Muslims have to shed blood of each other?

Do you even think before you post?

NO .. wrong conclusion here it is again for you genius , hopefully this one gets through

""" it was the flaws in caliphate system which created shias'm , a good chunk of muslim world is divided now likewise an islamic or caliphate based system wont simply work for pakistan as there are not only shias there are many other dozen sects who all have some what different beleifs (when it comes to Islam in practice) therefore no single platform for the countrymen to unite on the basis of Islam rather than force which will result in further division!!!

and you my dear sir are talking like an 8 year old child... heh even he could post better Tech... You disappoint me...

There is absolutely no need to have everyone agree to the same formula... a few corps commanders would do... Hell... it worked for that idiot Musharaf... ;)

The above describes your mental condition quite well. If you are unable to carry on a discussion, you stoop to personal insults. Wonderful.

assalam alaikum

U r totally wrong Muawiya didnot fight for caliph he wanted to get hold or the qisas from the killers of the 3rd caliph coz he was his cousin and he had the right to ask for it. If i ask u give us a (authuntic) reference that he wanted caliphat u will not be able to do it but if u want i can bring u the reference from shia book where Ali R-A himself says it was the blood of ussman that we differed. I don't know about urdu books in shia or where to find them since i know arabic book i can post it in arabic if u want

I wished u didnot bring this subject as u always close such threads which discuss this matter.

TARIQ

The point is not to get into a sectarian discussion. The point is to say that muslims will not agree to a single definition of sharia. These differences - as quoted above - are merely illustrative and they point to different interpretations of history and the Quran.

I don't think one needs to get into a Ali vs. Muawiya match here. The point is that these people are seen in different ways by muslims, and it is not just these people that are seen differently. Sufiism is seen differently, the Quran is seen differently, the nature of God itself is understood differently.

Muslims - who cannot even agree to how many children their own Prophet had - will not be agreeing to a single sharia anytime soon. Move on.

assalam alaikum

Brother if u think shia's differences with us just on the caliphs then u don't know the exact story ( response to ur earlier post ). Shia's r not 20-25% the r not more then 15% in the whole islamic world. Regarding their claim of injustice, they can say whatever but when the abbasiese ruling the vast land who was the prime minister of the caliphe he was a shia ( when holaku entered baghdad). shia's had thier own kingdoms over the history of islam qaramta , fatmies but they vanished. All the glory r for sunna ( spreading of islam , tableegh etc)

TARIQ

W/S

sir point is simple hopefully it get through THAT WE CANNOT DRAG THE STATE OF PAKISTAN to figure out whose right !!! and your last point confirms that you are more concern about glorifying your sect rather than the state of Pakistan , a chance was there in afghanistan but look what happened their nation is in tatters now this bloodshed & kios between these two sects will never stop forever !!

Once again the point arises of one individual, Muawiyah, cousin of a Caliph, who wanted to acquire power for worldly gains.

His penchant for power made him utilise the said events to his advantage causing a major split to occur in Islam.

The Islamic system might be perfect but it's the individuals who will use it for their own gains.

But this discussion is not relevant to this thread and would differ from group to group.

Like I said before, you can observe the past to see where you will end up in the future.

I do not believe in minority or religion as an identity because after the creation of Pakistan, we were all supposed to have one identity with equality for all citizens.

W/S

sir point is simple hopefully it get through THAT WE CANNOT DRAG THE STATE OF PAKISTAN to figure out whose right !!! and your last point confirms that you are more concern about glorifying your sect rather than the state of Pakistan , a chance was there in afghanistan but look what happened their nation is in tatters now this bloodshed & kios between these two sects will never stop forever !!

assalam alaikum

bhai meray eik bhai din raat kaam ker ta hay or eik nay kuch nahi kiya can they be equal? it is not glorifying if u can refute my claim u r wellcome they lived happily as i mentioned the minister of caliph so they were not deprived of anything dont bring subject of aghanistan they have civil war sort of thing after withdrawal of s.u

TARIQ

That's actually completely inaccurate. The method of selecting/electing/appointing the first four caliphs was completely different - there was no standard practice employed between the four.

Can you provide the appropriate ayat in the Quran that says the Caliph is God's second in command?

I tire with these unending perversions of Islam...

I think like Dr Israr Ahmed once said, selecting or electing the caliph shouldn't matter here. You can do it Democratic way of voting amongst the public or appoint peoples who can choose the best amongst themselves. The procedure of electing Caliph is least concern here... it can be either way

What Shariah actually is that the rules of Allah written in the Holy Quran are applied before human laws. You have to follow the commandments of Allah mentioned in the Holy Quran and in the back-end you can modify rules according to the culture, behavior of peoples and the era but the fundamental rules set by Allah in the Holy Qur'an must remain intact. But in democracy we human can change law as we desire and we even change the Law of Allah instructed to the Muslims in the Glorious Qur'an.

For example if a person kills somebody, as per the Qur'anic Law the murderer must be given death penalty or the victims family must be compensated by the demands set by the victim's family and the murderer. But in democratic rules a President who must have no authority to over-rule the commandments of Allah agrees to forsake the punishment of a criminal for one reason or another. So basically the Law of God says that the murderer must be punished or forsake by the family of the victim only and not third party.

If the basic criteria is met and the commandments of Allah are met we can spread any form of governance but inside the boundaries of Islam.

Whether you elect a Leader/Caliph by democratic procedure of today's Pakistan or some new form of governance. The question that matters to Allah is that the rules pre-defined by him must be met by the Muslims alongside their less-important constitution.

I hope I was clear in my view and it helps somebody

I do not believe in minority or religion as an identity because after the creation of Pakistan, we were all supposed to have one identity with equality for all citizens.

Agree with this point,

well said :cheers:

TechLahore

Muslims still have differences on democracy

TARIQ

The majority in Pakistan votes for non-religious parties. The majority in Pakistan does not support a mullah or a caliph imposing sharia. The majority in Pakistan does want democracy. Until some magical change of mind afflicts the majority, this sharia debate is completely nonsensical. Sharia simply doesn't exist as a single set of laws all muslims, all Pakistanis, or even the majority of Pakistanis agree upon.

Further, Pakistanis are generally very liberal. The *vast* majority of Pakistan's population lives in the Sindh and Punjab. I have spent quite a bit of time in villages in both provinces. Village life may at times be oppressive due to certain economically motivated practices, but it is in general very liberal. Women work, they don't wear niqaabs, they sing and dance at weddings, they share meals with their men in the open, they go out unaccompanied to their relatives/friends' homes, they attend melas and festivals without burqas/niqaabs... they do all of this. And increasingly, women go to school, they are buying in to family planning etc. These are all great things and even apart from the more modern changes, the general sense of liberalism has been pervasive for centuries. I don't think a semi-literate hadith thumper is about to change that anytime soon.

Like I said, this is an entirely futile debate because Pakistan is not governed by sharia... and thus far the voting trends over 63 years have indicated that the vast majority of Pakistanis don't want to have sharia, as interpreted by a certain clique, dangling over their heads. When and if that changes, we can revisit this discussion.

That might be your version. Most historians who have analyzed Muawiyah have concluded that his advice to Aisha, Talha and Zubair, as well as his strategy with Siffeen and the subsequent raising of the Qurans on spearheads was all to further his own political cause. He wanted power. Plain and simple. The murder of Usman was a convenient ruse.

Got any references for that Tech?

Ali's own thoughts on Muawiyah are well captured in his own writings and his speeches. These speeches and writings confirm that Ali too believed Muawiyah to be a power hungry politician who would stop at nothing to ascend the "throne".

Again... Got any references for that... Or do we accept your word for it... What are you trying to do... rewrite history...

And as for your final paragraph, so you agree that the Caliphate, even in the earliest history of Islam - a mere 60 years after the passing of the Prophet - resulted in significant bloodshed. Your earlier assertion stands disproved, then.

Your statement makes no sense... What earlier assertion disapproved?

Most of the Caliphs that followed Yazid were nothing more than Kings. Go to Topkapi museum some day and look at the riches the Sultans (who declared themselves Caliphs), lavished on themselves.

Disagreed... and proven wrong by the following statement of the Prophet saw...

Muslim reported on the authority of Abu Hazim, who said: "I accompanied Abu Hurairah for five years and heard him talking of the Prophet's saying: The Prophets ruled over the children of Israel, whenever a Prophet died another Prophet succeeded him, but there will be no Prophet after me. There will be Khulafa'a and they will number many. They asked: What then do you order us? He said: Fulfill the bay'ah to them one after the other and give them their due. Surely Allah will ask them about what He entrusted them with."

4 (as in Khulafah e Rashida) is not described as many in the Arabic language...

The Caliphate is not a system inscribed in the Quran. There is a single verse in the Quran that uses the word Khalifa but not to describe the head of a government, rather to describe righteous people. But those who would wanted to twist the words of the Quran to pretend that they had some sort of divine right to rule obviously did so.

and you have read the Quran?

You missed this then...

"O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you". The Holy Quran, Surah 4. Verse 59

Now Tech... You think those in authority amongst you was talking about Zardari? heres a hint... Its refering to Caliphate...

and plz... Quran is not the only source of legislation in Islam... You also look at what the Prophet saw did... This is how we know what the Quran is saying... Salat in Arabic literally means to shake one's hips but we take it as Nimaz... So the detail of Ulil Amr (those in authority) is in the Sunnah... and its basis is in the Quran...

On the authority of Muslim Nafi'a reported saying: "Umar said to me that he heard the Prophet saying: Whoso takes off his hand from allegiance to Allah (swt) will meet Him (swt) on the Day of Resurrection without having any proof for him, and whoso dies whilst there was no bay'ah (allegiance or a pledge) on his neck (to a Khaleefah), he dies a death of jahiliyyah."

The Prophet made it compulsory upon every Muslim to have a bay'ah on his neck, and described that whoever dies without a bay'ah on his neck dies a death of jahiliyyah. This does not mean that he dies as a kafir, rather, it means that he dies as if Islam had never reached him.

The bay'ah cannot be for anyone except the Khaleefah, and the Prophet made it obligatory upon every Muslim to have on his neck a bay'ah to a Khaleefah.

The Prophet did not make it an obligation upon every Muslim to give bay'ah to a Khaleefah. The duty is the existence of a bay'ah on the neck of every eligible Muslim, i.e. the existence of a Khaleefah who accordingly deserves a bay'ah upon the neck of every Muslim. So it is the presence of the Khaleefah which places a bay'ah on the neck of every Muslim, whether the Muslim gave a bay'ah to him in person or not, as silence signifies acceptance of the bay'ah from the Ummah.

Therefore, this hadith of the Prophet is an evidence that the appointment of the Khaleefah is an obligation and not a proof that giving the bay'ah is obligatory. This is so because the Prophet rebuked the Muslim who has not a bay'ah on his neck until he dies, not the one who did not give

Hisham ibn 'Urwa reported on the authority of Abu Saleh on the authority of Abu Hurairah that the Prophet said: "Caliphs will take charge of you after me, where the pious (one) will lead you with his piety and the impious (one) with his impiety, so listen to them and obey them in everything which conforms with the truth. If they act rightly it is for your credit, and if they acted wrongly it is counted for you and against them."

Muslim narrated on the authority of al-A'araj, on the authority of Abu Hurairah, that the Prophet said: "Behold, the Imam is but a shield from behind whom the people fight and by whom they protect themselves."

Ibn 'Abbas narrated that the Prophet said: "If anyone sees in his Amir something that displeases him let him remain patient, for behold, he who separates himself from the sultan (authority of Islam) by even so much as a hand span and dies thereupon, has died a death of the days of jahiliyyah".

You often talk about Quran yet clearly dont understand that the very definition of the Quran includes the manuscript or the copy of the manuscript over which there is consenses of the companions of the Prophet saw... This manuscript is called the Utmani Mushaf...

The Ijma' of the Sahabah is a legitimate daleel shar'i (evidence) like the Qur’an and Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (saw). In regard with the Ijma'a of the Sahabah they all agreed upon the necessity to establish a successor or Khaleefah to the Prophet after his death, and they all agreed to appoint a successor to Abu Bakr, then to 'Umar, then to 'Uthman, after the death of each one of them. Also, all the Sahabah agreed throughout their lives upon the obligation of appointing a Khaleefah. Although they disagreed upon the person to elect as a Khaleefah, they never disagreed upon the appointment of a Khaleefah, neither when the Prophet died, nor when any of the Khulafa'a ar-Rashidun died. Therefore the Ijma'a of the Sahabah is a clear and strong evidence that the appointment of a Khaleefah is obligatory. The extent of the inevitable obligation to establish the Khaleefah and the extent of awareness about this obligation among the Sahabah, is clearly reflected in the actions which they performed at the time.

This I think would be enough for tonight... ;)

The majority in Pakistan votes for non-religious parties. The majority in Pakistan does not support a mullah or a caliph imposing sharia. The majority in Pakistan does want democracy. Until some magical change of mind afflicts the majority, this sharia debate is completely nonsensical. Sharia simply doesn't exist as a single set of laws all muslims, all Pakistanis, or even the majority of Pakistanis agree upon.

Further, Pakistanis are generally very liberal. The *vast* majority of Pakistan's population lives in the Sindh and Punjab. I have spent quite a bit of time in villages in both provinces. Village life may at times be oppressive due to certain economically motivated practices, but it is in general very liberal. Women work, they don't wear niqaabs, they sing and dance at weddings, they share meals with their men in the open, they go out unaccompanied to their relatives/friends' homes, they attend melas and festivals without burqas/niqaabs... they do all of this. And increasingly, women go to school, they are buying in to family planning etc. These are all great things and even apart from the more modern changes, the general sense of liberalism has been pervasive for centuries. I don't think a semi-literate hadith thumper is about to change that anytime soon.

Like I said, this is an entirely futile debate because Pakistan is not governed by sharia... and thus far the voting trends over 63 years have indicated that the vast majority of Pakistanis don't want to have sharia, as interpreted by a certain clique, dangling over their heads. When and if that changes, we can revisit this discussion.

The majority did not vote for Musharaf either...

NO .. wrong conclusion here it is again for you genius , hopefully this one gets through

""" it was the flaws in caliphate system which created shias'm , a good chunk of muslim world is divided now likewise an islamic or caliphate based system wont simply work for pakistan as there are not only shias there are many other dozen sects who all have some what different beleifs (when it comes to Islam in practice) therefore no single platform for the countrymen to unite on the basis of Islam rather than force which will result in further division!!!

Which flaw in the Caliphate? Do you mean Yazid or do you mean Caliphate? They are two different things... duh

what are comments of mr t-faz???

Common man, grow up.

An Islamist is refuting Justice Munir on the basis of what, her love for all things Islamic.

Stick to one thread, this is posted in the wrong section and ask Saleena Karin about her links to certain organisations.

Merged.

TechLahore

Yesterday u praised the Prophet (PBUH) and his family do u think he and his family will be happy what u say " Women work, they don't wear niqaabs, they sing and dance at weddings ". Instead of guiding the ppl we should lead them why the Prophet ( PBUH) didnot leave the kuffar and stayed in cave doing worship

anyhow niqab is not farz it is said by ulem women can wear or not wear

On the side note i can't pm or recieve pm i dont see the sign on the nickname i asked earlier T-Faz deleted my post and didnot give me a hint

TARIQ

Back
Top Bottom