What's new

Where does India stand against china in these areas?

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
I have to confess I'm a bit of a Noob when it comes to defense related topics- so, I've been curious to ask the informed posters here a couple of questions regarding India's defense preparedness.

From my perspective I see India trying to reach some sort of parity against the Chinese military might. The specific questions I have is around achieving such parity given the liberal US and EU nations stance of selling India top notch technologies.

The Chinese have previously conceded that their technologies lags the US by 20 years at a minimum in many areas. So, it begs the question then- does it also lag India too( certain areas), given the military acquisitions available to India- because India stands to gain from being sold advanced technologies? Do you feel the learning curve of the Chinese to gain top notch technologies was and is tougher but will be much quicker for India because of it's access to technologies the Chinese aren't permitted?

How does Indian purchases in the 3 arms of the military stand vs Chinese current acquisitions ( Army, Navy, air force) and where does it lack to reach parity ( example - missile defense , ICBMs, UAV's , Arti's etc)

Thanks in advance- I'd like to a see if someone here ( hint: santro, Xinix :) types ) could give a non bias assessment, a list of "here's where India has the advantage , here it where is lacks keeping in mind also future acquisitions India has already signed up".

i dont know....but i know one thing..62 cant be repeated if goes by army strength....62 happened due to policy of nehru...and these political goons can let a 62 to happen any time in future...so problem is political..
although we have to wait 5-6 yrs more to have lethal 3 wings..

if the armies went at it it would just be a blood bath body on body both army's are well trained India has advantage in mountain warfare though China has a lot of manpower same wtih India

in terms of the navy's it would be a hard choice as well Indian navy is very hi tech well trained PLAN a lot of ships nuke subs but one thing India has over China is a aircraft carrier

in terms of air force IAF has more hi tech planes and arguably better pilots China on the other hand lot of fighter jets most of them reverse engineered Soviet/Russian fighters but it would be a battle of the pilots

one thing India lags in is infrastrucutre China has several air bases and all weather roads in Aksai Chin and in Tibet close to the LAC another thing India has is dumb politicians who are too scared to use the full extent of the military

China has ICBM's that can hit any part of India so in terms of nuclear warfare we are screwed but India has Agni 3 which if fired from the North East can hit major Chinese cities

bottom line it would be a disaster for both for China its more of restraint and international posture for India its beefing up defenses along the LAC and being hi tech over the numbers of the PLA

lets not forget nuclear weapons come into play India built nukes to deterr China so thats another scenario

Comparing India with China is really a rosy and Bollywood kind of theme rather than the harsh reality. Reality is vastly different than what Indian urban middle class prepares to believe. First of all as of Now,India is not within a striking range to compete with China with respect to Political standing in world, economic independence, Diplomatic influence and above all desire to progress and trajectory of growth. The India and China comparison is purely a western phenomenon to satisfy India's tech save middle class people's ego by western media.And most of the times, it is seen that there is some sort of specific media report will come up saying that India will catch up with China in 50 years and 100 years. These kinds of reports unnecessarily fuels speculation and false sense of optimism with our people with out realizing the ground reality....We should be honest to admit that neither our growth,economy,defence and clout on International Affair is any way comparative to China. Yes of course India has the potential...but as you knows that turning potential to reality is always a mirage in India...

My statement is not to make a negative impact with image of India in a -ve way rather accepting the reality and moving ahead with clear strategy ahead of us....And i dont feel our political class is really capable of doing so...

Well,I was thinking that where does Pakistan stand infront of British or say France? mmmm we are taking F-16s from America ..yeahhhh but..OK CUT THIS BS OFF ! Pakistan and Bristish comparison is AS RIDICULOUS AS 'COMPARING' INDIA AND CHINA !

Chinese Army is the beast of the land ! If war goes more than 1 month...PLA will beat the fcuking outa *mighty* Indian Army.Period. Why you people are so concern about China? Chinese aren't retards to go to war with a country like India..Don't you think that they have better things to do? No need to compare..India has enough forces..No one is going to war with you guys so take a chill pill and relaxxxxxxxx :taz::chilli:

China is pretty much far ahead of India where its overall military capabilities are concerned. But remember China has threat perceptions factored into its military doctrine that include countries like Russia, America, Vietnam, India, Japan, Phillipines, Indonesia etc, whereas India has only China and Pakistan to contend with. So it would be wrong to assume that in a future war, China would range its total military assets against India. Geostrategic imperatives would not allow it to do so. As to how much it would range against India is the moot question.

Cheers!

Well,I was thinking that where does Pakistan stand infront of British or say France? mmmm we are taking F-16s from America ..yeahhhh but..OK CUT THIS BS OFF ! Pakistan and Bristish comparison is AS RIDICULOUS AS 'COMPARING' INDIA AND CHINA !

Chinese Army is the beast of the land ! If war goes more than 1 month...PLA will beat the fcuking outa *mighty* Indian Army.Period. Why you people are so concern about China? Chinese aren't retards to go to war with a country like India..Don't you think that they had better things to do? No need to compare..India has enough forces..No one is going to war with you guys so take a chill pill and relaxxxxxxxx :taz::chilli:

ffd8hx.jpg

common there is no war going to happen , have you ever seen russia or america going on war in recent times though they hate each other , two big nations never go on war with each other because they have lot to lose than gain , during 1962 both india and china were two poor nations , things have changed now , both need each other in future for economic progress , so why spend billions on weapons or start such threads to compare the strengths , and i don't understand how much is china going to gain by fighting for that small piece of land called aruchanal pradesh.

Chinese Army is the beast of the land ! If war goes more than 1 month...PLA will beat the fcuking outa *mighty* Indian Army.Period. Why you people are so concern about China? Chinese aren't retards to go to war with a country like India..Don't you think that they have better things to do? No need to compare..India has enough forces..No one is going to war with you guys so take a chill pill and relaxxxxxxxx :taz::chilli:

the difference between indian and pakistan military is much wider than the difference between indian and chinese military, and yet you compare the two without hesitation? so i think we r justified talking about indo chinese miltary parity

Hahaha...my reaction as well. Since when did India and China become allies??? We need to stop creating threads like these.

We don't need to make allies with China. Only Neutral relation is fine. Once China-India becomes friends our relation with U.S., Europe and East Countries like Japan, S.K. will take back seat. We need 1-2 threat in order to improve our defence.

Just Imagine, India-China becomes friends - Still China will improve it's defence for other threat and we won't able to do as no reason. (As Pakistan threat is covered long back)

The difference between India and China was huge a decade back. Thanks to China threat, Now, We are really improving on all corner. In Next few years, Our Defence will be quite strong. Sometime, A threat is good in long run. I don't think there will be War. But possibility also helps in improving defence :tup:

Hahaha...my reaction as well. Since when did India and China become allies??? We need to stop creating threads like these.

Exactly, worthless discussion, fortunately it didn't turn out to be what the thread starter has been expected (SO FAR):azn:
Hopefully Mod will be kind enough to lock it up before.....:tup:

Back
Top Bottom