What's new

Where Bangladesh succeeded and Pakistan failed

I think the deep-seated racism is showing. Just like Afghan bigots can't believe that Pakistani daal-khors are richer and more powerful than them; Pakistani small brains are incapable of understanding ground reality.
BD is richer, better educated and growing much faster than Pakistan. Population is in control and social parameteres are improving. Foriegn nations are making INVESTMENT in BD, not LOANS like CPEC but actual FDI.
Bangladesh has more geopolitical influence and is a highly respected nation on global stage. And every 10-12 years
BD is already much richer than Pak and becoming richer at around 5% per annum. BD is the second Souyth asian giant after India. Pakistan will be overtaken by Afganistan by 2050, BD and India will be in an entirely different league.
show me some ground videos and pics please . do not take bangladesh beuro of statics BS . BD gov have some 13bn$ more then paksitani gov that is all .its nto means thier public is richer then paksitnai public and having what we have . you still dont know why pakistnai gov do not have those dollars right ? you will never . all the thread is full of evidences but you again come with same BS logic . show me at least some digital evidence where BD is better place to live then paksitan .how many cities like bahria bangladesh have where people living luxury life style ?

Good article to read on this topic:

Many Pakistanis have this weird mentality of seeing Bangladesh as it is still subjugated under the boots of Pakistani military-feudal elites. So this country never ever should be able to become better than Pakistan aka the ruler. This complex is also because the trajectory of the two countries in the last 50 years did not proceed in the same way as Pakistanis expected or predicted. After the separation of 1971, it was a common expectation among Pakistanis that, as West Pakistan or 'real Pakistan' has shed the burden of East Pakistan, it will rapidly become a prosperous and successful economy much like their neighbors in the immediate west in Middle East, and Bangladesh will sink deeper and deeper into poverty, hunger, diseases and will become a failed state if not totally cease to exist. East Pakistan was seen as a drag, a burden whose separation was seen as a blessing. Their optimism was also shared by many Western pundits of that time.

This is why, there was not much of remorse among the military or political elite of that country despite the magnitude of the defeat and humiliation in 1971. But Bangladesh proved them wrong. Some bewildered Western pundits later coined a term 'Bangladesh paradox' to understand why their initial assessment of the country did not materialize. But Pakistanis have little capacity to objectively analyze like their benefactors, so they lash out with fury when someone points out that, whom they have written off 50 years ago as nothing but a burden of Pakistan has done something better than Pakistan itself !!

Last edited:
Many Pakistanis have this weird mentality of seeing Bangladesh as it is still subjugated under the boot of Pakistani military-feudal elites. So this country never ever should be able to become better than Pakistan aka the ruler. This complex is also because, the trajectory of the two countries in the last 50 years did not proceed in the same way as Pakistanis expected or predicted. After the separation of 1971, it was a common expectation among Pakistanis that, as West Pakistan or 'real Pakistan' has shed the burden of East Pakistan, it will rapidly become a prosperous and successful economy much like their neighbors in the immediate west in Middle East, and Bangladesh will sink deeper and deeper into poverty, hunger, diseases and will become a failed state if not totally cease to exist. East Pakistan was seen as drag, a burden whose separation was seen as a blessing. Their optimism was also shared by many Western pundits of that time.

This is why, there was not much of remorse among the military or political elite of that country despite the magnitude of the defeat and humiliation in 1971. But Bangladesh proved them wrong. Some bewildered Western pundits letter coined a term 'Bangladesh paradox' to understand why their initial assessment of the country did not materialize. But Pakistanis have little capability to objectively analyze like their benefactors, so they lash out with fury when someone points out that, whom they have written off 50 years ago as nothing but a burden of Pakistan has done something better than Pakistan itself !!
this is what they teach in bangladesh ?

it was burden to defend it . how can we defend that pace some 2000km away . when they say it was burden it was not economy mostly it was defense . you people need to come out from brainwashing bhai . seriously . east paksitan was weak point of paksitan and pakistanis of west was right . after moving away from east india never dare to cross our borders . a one united pakistan . east paksitan was mistake of sepration . how can be a country have enemy in middle 2000km. someone turned the facts and make you were burden of west .

now tell me can you guys defend you even today ? can you send back those 1mn rohingya by force ? can you stop them to enter ? can you stand in-front of india ? people rightly say delhi will decide fate of bangladesh . you have very very weak defense against both of your neighbors .west paksitanis were right .

if we surrender to india like you guys we can save also 100bn$ in every 10 years . we just need to spend 1bn on military and sit back delhi will decide everything .

165326025_3865796360183065_754745133707710165_n.jpg

Last edited:
it was burden to defend it . how can we defend that pace some 2000km away . when they say it was burden it was not economy mostly it was defense . you people need to come out from brainwashing bhai . seriously . east paksitan was weak point of paksitan and pakistanis of west was right . after moving away from east india never dare to cross our borders . a one united pakistan . east paksitan was mistake of sepration . how can be a country have enemy in middle 2000km. someone turned the facts and make you were burden of west .
Whether or not East Pakistan was a defence burden of West Pakistan does not arise as West Pakistani military never tried to defend East Pakistan. Ninety-five percent of men and materials of armed forces were stationed in West Pakistan leaving the East totally exposed. East Pakistan was completely defenceless against any Indian invasion. The 1965 war was a glaring example of this fact. In fact, 1965 war was a real eye-opener of the people of East Pakistan of the futility of remaining as a one country with West Pakistan for the logic of defence or security against India. East Pakistan was a party of war which was a totally a West Pakistan centered issue, but did not get any means to protect itself if it were attacked by India.

At least we are not a party of India-Pakistan hostility over Kashmir now. So we have no fear of attack from India which is not related to us. The point is very simple, if Pakistani establishment made East Pakistan a party of conflict with India, then they also should have made it capable to defend itself if it were facing any attack from India, but they did not do that, which was a criminal neglect and apathy. We faced an equal burden to keep a vast military which did nothing to protect us. The hilarious excuse of ''defence of East Pakistan lies in West'' failed spectacularly when Pakistani military failed even in the Western Sector in 1971 war.

Current Bangladesh may not be a military power like Pakistan, but it is also not in a military conflict with India over Kashmir. So we are in a much secured position now than pre 1971 period.

Last edited:
Whether or not East Pakistan was a defence burden of West Pakistan does not arise as West Pakistani military never tried to defend East Pakistan. Ninety-five percent of men and materials of armed forces were stationed in West Pakistan leaving the East totally exposed. East Pakistan was completely defenceless against any Indian invasion. The 1965 war was a glaring example of this fact. In fact, 1965 war was a real eye-opener of the people of East Pakistan of the futility of remaining as a one country with West Pakistan for the logic of defence or security against India. East Pakistan was a party of war which was a totally a West Pakistan centered issue, but did not get any means to protect itself if it were attacked by India.

At least we are not a party of India-Pakistan hostility over Kashmir now. So we have no fear of attack from India which is not related to us. The point is very simple, if Pakistani establishment made East Pakistan a party of conflict with India, then they also should have made it capable to defend itself if it were facing any attack from India, but they did not do that, which was a criminal neglect and apathy. We faced an equal burden to keep a vast army which did nothing to protect us. The hilarious excuse of ''defence of East Pakistan lies in West'' failed spectacularly when Pakistan army failed even in the Western Sector in 1971 war.

Current Bangladesh may not be a military power like Pakistan, but it also not in a militray conflict with India over Kashmir. So we are in a much secured position now than pre 1971 period.
i can finish in one line it was not possible to defend it until late 80s for pakistan . it was fully possible to defend it in late 90 . today few nukes can defend it too .

once you surrender to interests you are not party of anything . relax and obey is best option you choosed sir and we respect your choice . you will remain secure untill you follow line of india when you try to go left and right they will change gov in BD and bring own guys . anyway still its your choice we have no issue . all this war and conflict of interest is becasue one side not agree on terms of india . life is so easy if you surrender .

@Imran Khan I considerr you better educated than most Pakistanis.
Go through the figures and try to figure out the truth youself about economic status. https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/pakistan/bangladesh
BD chose the perfect path, a path of peace with India. We had a lot of problems with them but the two countrie mutually sorted it out. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2005/8/21/india-bangladesh-resolve-border-row

BD stopped harbouring anti-India rebels and India stopped harbouring anti-BD rebels.
BD provided sea-port to help develop industries in India's North-east, India helped BD industries by providing cheap electricity.

BD and India have good relations unlike some "hawks" from either side on this forum. I have lived in Kolkata and I can assure you BD and Indian bengal have extremely close relation. Unlike the Pashtoon brotherhood, Bangla brotherhood is beneficial to both.

Pakistanis have always seen everything from "defence" perpsective because their masters(PakArmy & ISI( wanted to keep them subjugated. This slave mentality leads to a myopic vision which judges nations only on basis of their military power. Iceland with only 200-strong Coast Guard is a developled modern nation. Defence forces must be proportional to threat perception. BD has low threat perception because it shared good relations with it's neighbour India. Indian and BD CoasGuard jointly patrol Bay of Bengal. BD doesn't have a huge army, because it does not need it. The Rohingya issue has been dealt with brilliantly. If you even fly from Kolkata to Chittagong you'll see a beautiful red-lined island the middle of the ocean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhasan_Char It's the world's largest open air prison where BD has been dumping most Rohingyas.
do bangladesh have any other option ? they dont they are surrendered military rivers ports roads trade sovereignty almost everything surrendered to india then what is the issue ? its peaceful life if you dont stand for your rights . if this was solution Pakistan can do it in just one visit to delhi .BD have no chance to stand up they are already down since last 15 years delhi is running BD . sometime even its not possible to find out whom is PM modi or haseena .only a small merger ceremony is remaining .

when you like it with BD why not india just surrender to china and have peace like this ???????? :rofl: make joint patrols and follow china as they say ? good idea right ?

Last edited:
You views about BD might be based on some BDs angry with Hasina govt.

It's the same kind of anger that PTI supporters have against Nawaz sharif, aclling him Modi ka yaar, Israeli agent, claiming he pimped his daughter to GHQ and all. Nawaz is very corrupt but these allegations are not true and even the most ardent PTI supporter knows that. The deep political divide results in hyperbole, which must not be allowed to blur perception of reality.BD is an independent soviergn nation and we respect that.

You want to see what dependance/colonisation/takeover/surrender looks like? Check out China Index. https://china-index.io/ because facts matter
kindly reply my post do not be my doctor :rofl:

why getting personal man . reply it with logic .

Pakistan is living on borrowed money. Don't you think it is a matter of time everything collapses ?
But, @Imran Khan thinks, all other countries must extend loans to Pakistan that will feed their generals. Today, the FE reserves in Pakistan are somewhere above $3.1 billion.

Someone from BD opened a thread saying that BD is now better off now. BD has FE reserves of more than $35 billion though it fluctuates.

It is obvious that BD is now better off than Pakistan. When IMF is not willing to extend loans to Pakistan for the last six months, it readily extended loans of $4.7 billion to BD.

Why IMF denies bailout money to Pakistan? It is because Pakistani generals will eat away all the money and then ask for more until America gets bankrupt.

But, @Imran Khan gets agitated if someone compares Pakistan with BD. He talks about highway construction.

But, @Imran Khan thinks, all other countries must extend loans to Pakistan that will feed their generals. Today, the FE reserves in Pakistan are somewhere above $3.1 billion.

Someone from BD opened a thread saying that BD is now better off now. BD has FE reserves of more than $35 billion though it fluctuates.

It is obvious that BD is now better off than Pakistan. When IMF is not willing to extend loans to Pakistan for the last six months, it readily extended loans of $4.7 billion to BD.

Why IMF denies bailout money to Pakistan? It is because Pakistani generals will eat away all the money and then ask for more until America gets bankrupt.

But, @Imran Khan gets agitated if someone compares Pakistan with BD. He talks about highway construction.
why lying kid

bangladesh foreign reserves including those sovergn fund 8b$ . BD have liquid 23bn$
Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 13-26-41 Forex reserves slip to six-year low.png

and you sale women for 200$ make them empowered women and per capita higher then us ? lolllzzzzz inside and outside BD people exploiting BD women like slaves and you here lacture us gdp per capita ? we have to post again those poor women pics videos ? thsi BS of per capita can be taken with pinch of salt . only 1.9 lakh bangladeshis have more then one crore in baks 90% are living in BS life . and you guys keep BULL SHITTING PER CAPITA LIKE PARROTS . dont you read my post thousands of women tea workers working for 1$ a day and company want to give them 1.3$ . ? i better say thousands of pakistani women sit in home and watch TV rather then work like slaves for 1.3$ and when chest thump here empower of women .

I know that concepts like female labor force participation are very new to Pakistanis, hence, this misperception of women being sold or becoming slaves etc. That also points to the low level of education among Pakistanis which is deterring me from wasting my time discussing here.

Actual selling looks exactly like how Pakistani families send their girls to China as brides in exchange of a tiny amount of money.

I think Pakistani government is deliberately going slow in social development programs considering the tribal nature of Pakistanis. Quite similar to how the Indonesian government has been careful in introducing modern lifestyle among the Papuan tribes.

I know that concepts like female labor force participation are very new to Pakistanis, hence, this misperception of women being sold or becoming slaves etc. That also points to the low level of education among Pakistanis which is deterring me from wasting my time discussing here.

Actual selling looks exactly like how Pakistani families send their girls to China as brides in exchange of a tiny amount of money.

I think Pakistani government is deliberately going slow in social development programs considering the tribal nature of Pakistanis. Quite similar to how the Indonesian government has been careful in introducing modern lifestyle among the Papuan tribes.
really you want me to go down ? if this is not slavery then what is ? you people need some really honor man .

Victims of modern slavery both at home and abroad​

Forced labour at home and abroad, forced marriage, and human trafficking are the most common forms of modern slavery in Bangladesh, say experts​

Abuse exposed by Bangladeshi women in Saudi Arabia leads to action​

On the same Twitter, someone protested the claim and said it is $4.6 billion. I have quoted the comments below:

"Let me correct you. The total forex held with SBP is 4.6 Bn Remaining is with private banks, which are not government funds. Stop fudging figures".
and then count 66 tons of gold SBP have too

really you want me to go down ? if this is not slavery then what is ? you people need some really honor man .

Victims of modern slavery both at home and abroad​

Forced labour at home and abroad, forced marriage, and human trafficking are the most common forms of modern slavery in Bangladesh, say experts​

Abuse exposed by Bangladeshi women in Saudi Arabia leads to action​

and then count 66 tons of gold SBP have too

Unfortunate incidents. Yet, we never discourage women from participating in the labor force. It will take some time for Pakistanis to understand why.

Unfortunate incidents. Yet, we never discourage women from participating in the labor force. It will take some time for Pakistanis to understand why.
i will prefer not to be . all this human suffering for few bn$ not worth . better to stay in home or getting god jobs . no need to earn dollars exchange of slaving women to factories or other countries . all of my point in this thread .

come to women empowerment please . :rofl:

do not start like womens bash during fight

i can do it more better

Back
Top Bottom