What's new

When will Delhi become safer for a girl like me?

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
teasing-december-connaught-december-hindustan-package-december_eb00d2b6-a1d4-11e5-94b5-bfaeb774c8f3.JPG

(Arun Sharma/HT Photo)

Dear chief minister, lieutenant governor and police commissioner

You run the city I grew up in. You must be familiar with all corners of the Capital but I want to tell you something that you can never experience for yourself.

One night while I was walking towards Pragati Maidan after a hectic day at work, I was regretfully carefree. A smirking teenager, with unkempt hair, was coming from the opposite side, like a hundred others going in and out of the Metro station. All of a sudden he pinched my breast and sprinted away. I shrieked. My eyes welled up. My colleague looked at me. So did the pedestrians around. The unlit stretch under Tilak Bridge made sure they had seen nothing. “He tried to snatch my bag,” I said and walked on. I had no guts to tell I was molested by a young boy, a stone’s throw from the Police Headquarters.

That was three years ago. I haven’t walked that road again. But I still talk about it whenever my women colleagues discuss Delhi.

“Many years ago, I had to jump off a moving bus when a man dressed for office, carrying a briefcase, flashed at me. I broke my leg but couldn’t say a word,” a senior colleague once narrated, giving goose bumps to the new kids.

A young colleague shared, “Just last week, I stepped out of Malviya Nagar station. It was a 10-minute walk to my house on a bright street around 9.30 pm. Near PVR Anupam, two men on a bike shouted ‘chinky’. Two others joined them.” Despite her little stature, she is known to shut people up. That night she tried hard not to break down.

Three years have passed since the 23-year-old student was gang raped in a moving bus. Her rape raised many voices, louder than ever before. But Dear Mr commissioner, we still prefer to stay quiet. We’ve been taught to do that. Not by our mothers but by the nature of the city. Meenakshi had raised her voice in Anand Parbat. She was killed in broad daylight.

_6190e43c-a1d7-11e5-94b5-bfaeb774c8f3.PNG

My young friend would have shouted that night had she seen a PCR van around. I know you have only 800 of them. Your plan to introduce all-women PCR vans at Vasant Kunj can be a game-changer and I appreciate the thought. I know you cannot secure every inch of the Capital but you can make more efforts to make us secure.

Whenever I go home, I see pickets manned by a lone constable with a lathi in hand and I end up praying for them. How will they match those men on bikes and cars with knives or guns?

Mr CM, the police need your help. Would you please work together for our sake? Can you commit yourself to giving a face and voice to the women in Delhi? There are nearly eight lakh working women and over one third use public transport. Can you bring in more buses and autos so that we can step out anytime without a hint of fear?

Police can prevent a crime. You can prevent the making of a criminal. Do you mind starting early and counselling those boys so that they learn to respect women?

My dear L-G, we need more policemen. There are dark stretches that need streetlights. We need buses on all routes. We need programmes for social engineering so that men respect women. Those already held should get strict punishment as a deterrent. You can make it happen. If not for us, please do it for the city.

I am sure you love Delhi the way I did. I mostly fear it now.

With trust in you

A girl from Delhi

When will Delhi become safer for a girl like me? | delhi | Hindustan Times

@Khafee @nair @GURU DUTT @SarthakGanguly @Water Car Engineer @third eye @knight11 @OrionHunter

HayLo the Independent working gurlllllll AKA Feminazi intern, don't you think it's about time to pick that shovel up and dig some self respect and start reclaiming back those streets you started fearing instead of whining about them on OP Eds and blogs.

And oh by the way ... I agree with your point about boys need to respect women and all that but I believe you start with teaching your fellow females not to abuse LAWs and turn them into money making enterprises or to gain cheap publicity by falsely accusing guys of RAPE because they don't want to spend rest of their lives with your cheap/materialistic @ss.

teasing-december-connaught-december-hindustan-package-december_eb00d2b6-a1d4-11e5-94b5-bfaeb774c8f3.JPG

(Arun Sharma/HT Photo)

Dear chief minister, lieutenant governor and police commissioner

You run the city I grew up in. You must be familiar with all corners of the Capital but I want to tell you something that you can never experience for yourself.

One night while I was walking towards Pragati Maidan after a hectic day at work, I was regretfully carefree. A smirking teenager, with unkempt hair, was coming from the opposite side, like a hundred others going in and out of the Metro station. All of a sudden he pinched my breast and sprinted away. I shrieked. My eyes welled up. My colleague looked at me. So did the pedestrians around. The unlit stretch under Tilak Bridge made sure they had seen nothing. “He tried to snatch my bag,” I said and walked on. I had no guts to tell I was molested by a young boy, a stone’s throw from the Police Headquarters.

That was three years ago. I haven’t walked that road again. But I still talk about it whenever my women colleagues discuss Delhi.

“Many years ago, I had to jump off a moving bus when a man dressed for office, carrying a briefcase, flashed at me. I broke my leg but couldn’t say a word,” a senior colleague once narrated, giving goose bumps to the new kids.

A young colleague shared, “Just last week, I stepped out of Malviya Nagar station. It was a 10-minute walk to my house on a bright street around 9.30 pm. Near PVR Anupam, two men on a bike shouted ‘chinky’. Two others joined them.” Despite her little stature, she is known to shut people up. That night she tried hard not to break down.

Three years have passed since the 23-year-old student was gang raped in a moving bus. Her rape raised many voices, louder than ever before. But Dear Mr commissioner, we still prefer to stay quiet. We’ve been taught to do that. Not by our mothers but by the nature of the city. Meenakshi had raised her voice in Anand Parbat. She was killed in broad daylight.

_6190e43c-a1d7-11e5-94b5-bfaeb774c8f3.PNG

My young friend would have shouted that night had she seen a PCR van around. I know you have only 800 of them. Your plan to introduce all-women PCR vans at Vasant Kunj can be a game-changer and I appreciate the thought. I know you cannot secure every inch of the Capital but you can make more efforts to make us secure.

Whenever I go home, I see pickets manned by a lone constable with a lathi in hand and I end up praying for them. How will they match those men on bikes and cars with knives or guns?

Mr CM, the police need your help. Would you please work together for our sake? Can you commit yourself to giving a face and voice to the women in Delhi? There are nearly eight lakh working women and over one third use public transport. Can you bring in more buses and autos so that we can step out anytime without a hint of fear?

Police can prevent a crime. You can prevent the making of a criminal. Do you mind starting early and counselling those boys so that they learn to respect women?

My dear L-G, we need more policemen. There are dark stretches that need streetlights. We need buses on all routes. We need programmes for social engineering so that men respect women. Those already held should get strict punishment as a deterrent. You can make it happen. If not for us, please do it for the city.

I am sure you love Delhi the way I did. I mostly fear it now.

With trust in you

A girl from Delhi

When will Delhi become safer for a girl like me? | delhi | Hindustan Times

@Khafee @nair @GURU DUTT @SarthakGanguly @Water Car Engineer @third eye @knight11 @OrionHunter

No law and order can do that.

Main problem is people. People of Delhi NCR are ........... There are not enough adjective to describe it. It's better to leave delhi. At least for the health sake.

Bye bye Delhi , the worst city in India :).

The easier solution would be cut your balls, guaranteed each and every Indian girl will be safe. Why wait so long?

at least you accept we have balls ;) be it bed or front.

In defence forum, I gave a reply according to defence strategy. Unlike some troll ..Don't get hyper

at least you accept we have balls ;) be it bed or front.

In defence forum, I gave a reply according to defence strategy. Unlike some troll ..Don't get hyper

So this makes you happy that I believe you have balls? :o:, next don't ask me the number eh............

Why would I get hyper? Your problem, your society and it’s your women who are complaining :what:. If solution to their safety and security at the hands of rapists lies in your Pakistan obsession than May God protect them because you cannot and you won’t.

So this makes you happy that I believe you have balls? :o:, next don't ask me the number eh............

Why would I get hyper? Your problem, your society and it’s your women who are complaining :what:. If solution to their safety and security at the hands of rapists lies in your Pakistan obsession than May God protect them because you cannot and you won’t.

I told you, once Pakistan is gone, we will divert these funds for Internal security.

Some of these girls need to move out and see the world around to figure out what does safety actually mean.
Forget about girls there are many developed city be Sydney or Johannesburg or NY where even men feels scared to walk in many part of city during night and i am not speaking about those areas which are controlled by anti social elements where walking in broad day light might get your paints wet.

A city with 20 million people, it should not be very hard to understand that there would be few thousands of unwanted elements in city, even if we go by that 0.001% people are bad and if these people even have 0.001% success rate in there crime, then also we will be hearing around 1-2 cases per day. It is sad that someone has to go through this kind of pain, but then its nature way, we are trying to make it much better suitable for human race, by bringing in laws and mechanism to tackle the rages of nature. Abusing system will not fix problem, nor only bringing the issue into light will fix it, to fix it we will have to work towards it. Most of the people just know how to give focus to cook there meal, but dont know how to provide solution which will work in long term.

@Color_Less_Sky
They are quite busy in protecting cow patrolling streets to save the Cow even at borders they kill 56 Bangladeshi cow smugglers, it seems that Cow is more protected then Indian women. May be one day the realize and started istri surakhsa patrols.

I told you, once Pakistan is gone, we will divert these funds for Internal security.

And I told you Pakistan is not going any where, so better solution is cut your balls for the sake of safety of your women. I give you a logical permanent easy short term solution with out any fee. Take it no enemy is so merciful.

@Color_Less_Sky
They are quite busy in protecting cow patrolling streets to save the Cow even at borders they kill 56 Bangladeshi cow smugglers, it seems that Cow is more protected then Indian women. May be one day the realize and started istri surakhsa patrols.
Remember Delhi bus rape. Indians use Iron rods to rape their women. I doubt they have any of their own.
what happened to Kasur case? Haven't heard about it lately?

And I told you Pakistan is not going any where, so better solution is cut your balls for the sake of safety of your women. I give you a logical permanent easy short term solution with out any fee. Take it no enemy is so merciful.

Cutting and chopping private parts is not our culture. :)

Remember Delhi bus rape. Indians use Iron rods to rape their women. I doubt they have any of their own.

@MaarKhoor I don't like commenting on rapes etc it happens in our country too, but this particular logic that we will save our women from rapes when we have wiped off Pakistan well it got me involved....................

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom