What's new

When Indian Army troops kissed the ground on re-occupying territory in Arunachal

The Chinese attempt to get access to the top of the 17,000 feet high peak still remains a pipe dream for them. The peak provides a commanding view of Tibet across the LAC. India is in firm control to the top and its access routes from own side

Whatever China needed, they already have, since 1962. Ab keya "Commanding Heights" ka achaar daalna hae? šŸ˜›šŸ˜›

China's issue with India is not territorial, at all. It is a far more deeper problem.

You are looking at things from a very Eurocentric perspective. You have been mentally colonized.

West Indies was not discovered before rest of America. That's European perspective, not native perspective. Natives entered through Alaska, that was the first region to be discovered!

And it doesn't matter what Europeans call them, Indians or Americans. They are neither. They are what they call themselves, Sioux, Apache, Inca, Inuits, and whatever else.
Very well then, pray tell then if not for the early eurocentric view then how do you claim that Pakistan region only is real India?
Even if you go by what locals called themselves, say just because there is sindhu river or sindh present there, shouldn't it be called that instead of India? , we definitely don't call ourselves Sindhians.
The entire subcontinent has been called Hind/India for ages now, etymology of the word doesn't matter much here(indus/east of indus?), we didn't give the name it was an exonym(nothing wrong with that even Japan is an exonym) and the europeans used it liberally to denote the region as and when they discovered further parts, India being the mainland obviously was the most logical flag bearer for the same and world accepts it without any second thought.

Whatever China needed, they already have, since 1962. Ab keya "Commanding Heights" ka achaar daalna hae? šŸ˜›šŸ˜›
Woh aap aksai chin ka baat kar rahe hai jaha pe IA 1:3 ratio se outnumbered huwa tha....par baat yaha pe Yangtse peak ka ho raha hai jo humne baad mai jaake capture kiya hai aur woh Chinese vale maan nehi rahe hai kyuki IA waha pe baitke Tibet ka saab kuch dekh pa raha hai...

Last edited:
The clash of Indian Army troops with Chinese soldiers in Arunachal Pradesh last month has brought into focus another successful thwarting of Chinese designs by an Indian Army brigade in 1986. Major General P K Batra (retd) was commanding the Mountain Brigade, which was at the forefront in re-capturing a crucial height and recovering remains of Indian soldiers who died in hand-to-hand fighting at the same place in the 1962 war. He spoke to The Indian Express:
indian-army.jpg
Officers involved in Op Falcon including then Brig PK Batra. (Express Photo)

Q. Does the recent clash with PLA troops in the Tawang sector rekindle memories of Op Falcon? Is the place of the recent stand-off somewhere close to where the previous one occurred?

Batra
: The recent clash at Yangtse does not exactly rekindle memories of ā€˜Op Falconā€™. Yangtse lies 25-30 km northeast of Tawang and lies on our side of Line of Actual Control (LAC) and this post is occupied by our troops. The Chinese claim this post like many others along the LAC as on their side, hence keep creating skirmishes to keep the matter of dispute on LAC alive. However, our boys were ready and thwarted their intentions to occupy this post. The reinforcements in the form of QRTs (quick reaction teams) at brigade level further upset the Chinese plan and after a scuffle, which lasted for a couple of hours, they left, with minor injuries on both sides. The skirmish was at brigade level.

Q: Please give a gist of the operation your brigade undertook in Op Falcon.
Batra
: Op Falcon was a stand-off between the PLA and us and lasted for over a year. The Chinese claim Arunachal as theirs but during Op Falcon, their intention seemed to be to claim Thagla, Khinzamane etc. In 1985, they established a post at Samdrong Chu/Wangdung with a view to creep up and occupy Lungrola Pass. Their presence was reported by one of our patrols and Lungrola was occupied by us, thus thwarting their aim. They subsequently built up this post to over a company strength. This place and Hathungla are to the northwest of Tawang. Chinese patrols were sighted on Thagla, coming down to Namka Chu. Hathungla is across Namka Chu.
chinese-soldieer.jpg

Chinese soldiers after being confronted by Indian soldiers in Arunachal Pradesh in Op Falcon. (Express Photo)

I was commanding 77 Mountain Brigade, which was deployed to thwart the Chinese intention to creep up further from Wangdung. Slowly but steadily, we surrounded this post from all sides. However, we were not allowed to capture this post. They were like sitting ducks. This and the capture of Hathungla are two major achievements of the Indian Army at that point in time.

Q: What was the level of operational preparedness in your brigade when you were asked to re-occupy Hathungla? Did the move come as a surprise to you?
Batra
: We were eyeball-to-eyeball at Wangdung. The Chinese did try to move up and we opened fire and they ran back. One had to be alert 24Ɨ7 and one could not let the guard down. In our discussions, we felt the Chinese will try and occupy Hathungla and therefore we may have to pre-empt that from happening. So we started preparing for this operation. My boys were excited when we got the green signal.

Q: What was your assessment of the intentions of the PLA forces and how far they were willing to extend the face-off at that time?

Batra
: My assessment was they were in a tight spot at Lungrola. On a few occasions, we saw choppers carrying dead bodies from Wangdung. They could not pull out as it would be tantamount to accepting defeat. They could try and occupy some other area and negotiate. My personal feeling is their morale was low. They were looking for an honourable exit.

Q: What kind of logistics problems did you face at the time to deal with the situation?

Batra
: The road to Lumla (road head) was a series of potholes connected with each other. From there to Lumpo, my Brigade HQ, and to Lungrola, a distance of over 15 km, only a mule track was available. My brigade was maintained by mules and Air Force ā€“ a force that never fails you. The Indian Air Force did a wonderful job. The weather was foul, yet they managed air drops, sometimes the parachutes would drift due to strong winds, luckily the locals would retrieve them for us. Our IAF choppers would manage to sneak through foul weather at Lumpo. Every few minutes, a chopper will land. Whilst one is being unloaded, one is hovering above to land. My boys named Lumpo as ā€˜Lumpo International Helipadā€™. I was very lucky as both my GOC, Maj Gen J M Singh, from The Brigade of The Guards and my Corps Commander, Lt Gen Narhari, from the Corps of Engineers were hardcore professional soldiers who ensured my brigade should have no problems. We had no control over weather, it could be snowing or raining for days together. We had very anxious moments when my DQ would tell me, ā€œWe are very low onā€¦ā€

Q: As you look back, what is the most remarkable thing that comes to your mind about Op Falcon?

Batra
: When we re-occupied Hathungla, the boys with me knelt and kissed the ground. The Indian soldier is remarkably brave, obedient, highly motivated, disciplined and patriotic. I have love and respect for the ā€˜62 brave hearts.

India always gets its bug filled arse kicked from China.

Period

Paaji nathu la aur Cho la ke baare mai par lena jisko hum logo ne Chinese se cheena tha 1967 pe
View attachment 910829

Another fake victory by delusional Jai Hind. Waving white flag and carrying dead Indian bodies is a win. Desperate Indians don't have real photos or videos and have to rely on editing Wikipedia to win.

20200623163322600.jpg

1967nat.jpg

1967indianscarrybodies.jpg

20200623163322101.jpg

20200623163322180.jpg

E2ceCmiUcAA-Vml.jpg

EesqinVUwAA8xx6.jpg

Ewr18CjUcAAlpan.jpg

E3qA8WjVUAIHV9v.jpg

main-qimg-1676b0459b616f2efcea96476139e6d7.jpg

Woh aap aksai chin ka baat kar rahe hai .....
No. I am talking about all the sectors, Eastern, Middle, and Western.

China, per se, is not interested in Arunachal Pradesh. Their claim is merely a counterpoise against the claim of India on Aksai Chin, for settlement on the quid-pro-quo basis.

Their real issue with India is something else. Territorial dispute is merely a facade.

Last edited:
No. I am talking about all the sectors, Eastern, Middle, and Western.

China, per se, is not interested in Arunachal Pradesh. Their claim is merely a counterpoise against the claim of India on Aksai Chin, for settlement on the quid-pro-quo basis.

Their real issue with India is something else. Territorial dispute is merely a facade.
tawang's strong link to tibetan buddhism drives china's claims on this part of arunachal. tawang hosts galden namgey lhatse (2nd largest in the world). The monastery was built to honour the wishes of the fifth dalai lama. šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ fears that the current dalai lama may ordain his successor outside the present day tibet which is under chinese occupation. If this were to happen, tawang with its historical links to tibetan buddhism and the presence of a large number of tibetan refugees in šŸ‡®šŸ‡³ would be the ideal place.

He now says the town is part of india's arunachal pradesh.

For šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ control over tawang is linked to the legitimacy of its hold over tibet. If the dalai lama finds a successor outside tibet, the successor that the CCP may appoint will not enjoy legitimacy and the spiritual authority required to exercise effective influence in tibet. It is because of this fear that šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ opposes the dalai lama's visits to tawang and hammers its claim to the town. Not to mention that it has gone back on its offer of concessions in the east, where it lays claims to almost all of arunachal, in exchange for šŸ‡®šŸ‡³ dropping its claim on aksai chin and parts of eastern ladakh in the west

Last edited:
tawang's strong link to tibetan buddhism drives china's claims on this part of arunachal. tawang hosts galden namgey lhatse (2nd largest in the world). The monastery was built to honour the wishes of the fifth dalai lama. šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ fears that the current dalai lama may ordain his successor outside the present day tibet which is under chinese occupation. If this were to happen, tawang with its historical links to tibetan buddhism and the presence of a large number of tibetan refugees in šŸ‡®šŸ‡³ would be the ideal place.

He now says the town is part of india's arunachal pradesh.

For šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ control over tawang is linked to the legitimacy of its hold over tibet. If the dalai lama finds a successor outside tibet, the successor that the CCP may appoint will not enjoy legitimacy and the spiritual authority required to exercise effective influence in tibet. It is because of this fear that šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ opposes the dalai lama's visits to tawang and hammers its claim to the town. Not to mention that it has gone back on its offer of concessions in the east, where it lays claims to almost all of arunachal, in exchange for šŸ‡®šŸ‡³ dropping its claim on aksai chin and parts of eastern ladakh in the west

Alright, if you want to believe these narratives.

I have already given my opinion that real issue, from Chinese side, is not territorial, at all. It is merely a facade.

Alright, if you want to believe these narratives.

I have already given my opinion that real issue, from Chinese side, is not territorial, at all. It is merely a facade.
Former after the 1962 Indo-Sino war

Even if you go by what locals called themselves, say just because there is sindhu river or sindh present there, shouldn't it be called that instead of India? , we definitely don't call ourselves Sindhians.

Sindhi/Hind/India is the same thing. India is European bastardization of the term Sindh/Hind, Like they did with your cities.. Bangalore vs Bengaluru, Calcutta vs Kolkata etc.

Very well then, pray tell then if not for the early eurocentric view then how do you claim that Pakistan region only is real India?

Because it's the people of those region (Sindh and Western Punjab) who live along Indus and historically identified as Sindhi people. None of you identified as such before the British arrived.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom