What's new

When coterminous Pakistan fought Alexander the Great and almost brought him down to his knees.

Its quite funny to read the vedic history and its fanboys try to find the similarities, if there any, in the names, words, expressions and somehow link to their own ancestry. Porus = Purushottam, nice try !
I don't know vedas. And I'm not Hindu. I'm just making up an alias for Parvez:lol:.
So, what's the story of King Porus?

Mind you, Porus is a Hindu King with a greek name.

Since the Syrians or the Jews will not owe the Egyptian civilization because, though, their lands were once subject of Egyptian/Nile rule, they were end of the day, the subjects. If you can understand this fact, you will also understand your relationship with the land of Indus (aka Pakistan). You were the subjects of Indus or its product, if you happen to be in current western India. your relationship with it is by occupation, geographical expansion, while the inhibitants of Indus are the onces who build it , and governed it. Porus like many others was son of soil, and you gangiyates can take your inspirations from him like that spartan king Leonidas, but, you dont owe him.

Why are you talking about owing something. We didn't ask anyone to owe us anything neither we owe anything. And we are not products of Indus, by making self contradictory statements doesn't prove we are. In your own comment you called us Gangites (North perhaps). And how can that be son of Indus? Like I said before, Porus was a great King, he was not the greatest the subcontinent has produced. We have had many great rulers, from Gupta's, Mauryas, Rajputs, Karakota's , (quite a lot) and the sultanates to Mughals to Marathas.

What Indus has contributed is a name for a civilization that is spread across the sub continent.

I don't know vedas. And I'm not Hindu. I'm just making up an alias for Parvez:lol:.
So, what's the story of King Porus?

Mind you, Porus is a Hindu King with a greek name.

Whatever his name was, he wasnt your kind, which your kind is desperately and rather shamelessly trying to prove.

Why are you talking about owing something. We didn't ask anyone to owe us anything neither we owe anything. And we are not products of Indus, by making self contradictory statements doesn't prove we are. In your own comment you called us Gangites (North perhaps). And how can that be son of Indus? Like I said before, Porus was a great King, he was not the greatest the subcontinent has produced. We have had many great rulers, from Gupta's, Mauryas, Rajputs, Karakota's , (quite a lot) and the sultanates to Mughals to Marathas.

What Indus has contributed is a name for a civilization that is spread across the sub continent.

I am not talking French mate. Simply disassociating your kind with Porus.

He maybe not the greatest in term of his kingdom and resources but what he achieved was indeed the greatest. That is why there can be a comparison drawn between him and the spartan king Leonidas, while the later got killed, Porus lived on cherishing his victory against all odds.

Whatever his name was, he wasnt your kind, which your kind is desperately and rather shamelessly trying to prove.
You are desperately trying to prove he was not Indian. Neither of them are trying to Prove he was, as far as I see the comments made by Indians.

Also, by whatever you just prove your mentality. Just some ad hominem in the name of someone, you people mostly despise. Many of your compatriots are saying the history of Pakistan is islamic. Well, I agree with them. You made your country because you don't want to co-exist with the Hindu India.
I am not talking French mate. Simply disassociating your kind with Porus.

He maybe not the greatest in term of his kingdom and resources but what he achieved was indeed the greatest. That is why there can be a comparison drawn between him and the spartan king Leonidas, while the later got killed, Porus lived on cherishing his victory against all odds.
Porus is Hindu King who lived in Indian subcontinent. Whatever that kind be. An Aryan by blood, if Aryan invasion theory is true. Just like other Kings around the subcontinent at the time. Now you can interpret further and further how he is not my Kind. I didn't claim he was.
Yeah, he was your greatest. Not our, since Mr. Alexander ran away before facing Nanda's. The reason being, sheer strength of the Nanda empire.
Following the victorious battle of the Hydaspes River, Alexander's army marched until the Hyphasis river (modern day Beas river). It was at that point where his army mutinied unwilling to face the army of the vast Nanda Empire laying to the east and demanding from the king to finally take the long way home.

northwest Indian subcontinent
You mean coterminous Pakistan or the northern part of it.

* And i am supposed to be packing and leaving PDF. However I keep getting drawn back. In particular when tagged/or subjects close to my heart. May I need to give my handle away to somebody here and they can keep it "warm" for me.

You are desperately trying to prove he was not Indian. Neither of them are trying to Prove he was, as far as I see the comments made by Indians.

Also, by whatever you just prove your mentality. Just some ad hominem in the name of someone, you people mostly despise. Many of your compatriots are saying the history of Pakistan is islamic. Well, I agree with them. You made your country because you don't want to co-exist with the Hindu India.

Porus is Hindu King who lived in Indian subcontinent. Whatever that kind be. An Aryan by blood, if Aryan invasion theory is true. Just like other Kings around the subcontinent at the time. Now you can interpret further and further how he is not my Kind. I didn't claim he was.

These are just plain simple facts, where is the desperation came in?

Just highlighted the bold part to underline what I have been saying. Desperation you said?

NOW, Those who say Pakistan history is Islamic, if by that you mean 1400 years old, this argument is born out of ignorance. Islam is not 1400 years old, it started from Adam and completed on Mohammad (PBUH). Our civilization in Pakistan is the oldest, so in that sense, our history is indeed as old as Islam.

There is nothing like Indian subcontinent. The term India itself was invented by colonials, has no relevance to history, let alone ancient history.

Yeah, he was your greatest. Not our, since Mr. Alexander ran away before facing Nanda's. The reason being, sheer strength of the Nanda empire.
Following the victorious battle of the Hydaspes River, Alexander's army marched until the Hyphasis river (modern day Beas river). It was at that point where his army mutinied unwilling to face the army of the vast Nanda Empire laying to the east and demanding from the king to finally take the long way home.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/when...-down-to-his-knees.521716/page-9#post-9929395

Go through it and educate yourself. Any Kingdom east of Indus basin historically neither have deterred the foreign armies neither they have put up the fight. 1000 years of Muslim occupation of the lands which is now India is a testimony of that. Anyway, your arguments are irrelevant as Alexander was thoroughly beaten by ancients Pakistanis.

These are just plain simple facts, where is the desperation came in?

Just highlighted the bold part to underline what I have been saying. Desperation you said?

NOW, Those who say Pakistan history is Islamic, if by that you mean 1400 years old, this argument is born out of ignorance. Islam is not 1400 years old, it started from Adam and completed on Mohammad (PBUH). Our civilization in Pakistan is the oldest, so in that sense, our history is indeed as old as Islam.

There is nothing like Indian subcontinent. The term India itself was invented by colonials, has to relevance to history, let alone ancient history.
I disagree with that. Islam came first, then came states. Later the followers of Muhammad (SAW) came into our place, showed the people, their purpose. IMO my ancestors were the first to follow the truth. I understand being first or last has no real value (not in a tone of holier than thou), just saying.

And no matter how hard it is to mention, the people up north were pagans at the time. Including Porus. That's why many of your compatriots finds it hard to accept them.

Go through it and educate yourself. Any Kingdom east of Indus basin historically neither have deterred the foreign armies neither they have put up the fight.

Please.... if you don't know, don't throw random BS threads.. Just read an educate from open internet. The Alexander who conquered some regions of Pakistan, left his generals to rule these regions. One was Seleucid (ever heard of the guy? he was your King for a while) who invaded regions held by Chandragupta Maurya. He was defeated and later frormed an alliance through which daughter of Seleucid was married to Chandragupta. Also he ceded few territories (afghan region) to the Maurya king, in return he gifted hundreds of elephants later he used them in the battle of Ipsus.

Now, like I said, Pakistan was literally the Punching bag for invasions. The initial invasion of the Caliphates were also unsuccessful to penetrate the Indian heartlands, I need to look it up for the events followed. If you want I'll detail them.

There was Huna's who were central asian tribes, who made huge inroads into the subcontinent only to be defeated and send back by Guptas.

Because of constant invasion, western regions couldn't contribute much to the arts, science and literature. And mainly because of these invasions, many of the sources were destroyed, one such being the burning of Takshasila university. I read the library burned for many days. But the Ganga's had many mathematicians and astronomers, great doctors that's because we had stable Kingdoms.
1000 years of Muslim occupation of the lands which is now India is a testimony of that. Anyway, your arguments are irrelevant as Alexander was thoroughly beaten by ancients Pakistanis.
Yeah, you guys always take the Mega Jump to 1000 years of Islamic rule. Those invaders could rule majority of the land in India, for a few hundred years. They were pushed back within that time. Or they fight among themselves and give opportunities to Indian kings. Mind you, they even fought among themselves for women.

My region was never ruled by an Islamic invader my ancestors converted willingly.

Last edited:
At the end of day Porus Was defeated kinģ,
Hope Pakistanis also honour rajah dahir, who is true son of soil of pakistan.

I disagree with that. Islam came first, then came states. Later the followers of Muhammad (SAW) came into our place, showed the people, their purpose. IMO my ancestors were the first to follow the truth. I understand being first or last has no real value (not in a tone of holier than thou), just saying.

And no matter how hard it is to mention, the people up north were pagans at the time. Including Porus. That's why many of your compatriots finds it hard to accept them.

I dont know your faith, neither is my concern, but according to Islamic faith, all prophets from Adam, down to Noah, to Abraham to Moses to Jesus to finally Mohammah (SAW), were Muslims. Quran mention them all as such. So if you are not believer in Islam, you are not Muslim. They all preached nothing but Islam. Only difference was their Shariah changed due to the environment and people they were send to. BUT the religion of Islam was the same. Message was the same. On Prophet Mohammad (SAW) Islam was completed and sealed.

With this background, with known 1 lack 24 thousands prophets send to humanity, with many ancients ones being send to this land of Indus civilization, Pakistani history is indeed as old as Islam. Its another debate on how many reverted back in ancient times and how many rebelled. Destruction of IVC gives the clues.

Please :lol: if you don't know, don't throw random BS threads.. Just read an educate from open internet. The Alexander who conquered some regions of Pakistan, left his generals to rule these regions. One was Seleucid (ever heard of the guy? he was your King for a while) who invaded regions held by Chandragupta Maurya. He was defeated and later frormed an alliance through which daughter of Seleucid was married to Chandragupta. Also he ceded few territories (afghan region) to the Maurya king, in return he gifted hundreds of elephants later he used them in the battle of Ipsus.

Now, like I said, Pakistan was literally the Punching bag for invasions. The initial invasion of the Caliphates were also unsuccessful to penetrate the Indian heartlands, I need to look it up for the events followed. If you want I'll detail them.

There was Huna's who were central asian tribes, who made huge inroads into the subcontinent only to be defeated and send back by Guptas.

Because of constant invasion, western regions couldn't contribute much to the arts, science and literature. And mainly because of these invasions, many of the sources were destroyed, one such being the burning of Takshasila university. I read the library burned for many days. But the Ganga's had many mathematicians and astronomers, great doctors that's because we had stable Kingdoms.

Thats what I said, READ the link I posted above, It will clear your mind. By all accounts , Alexander backside was handed overt to him on the platter by ancient Pakistanis.

I dont like to keep on repeating myself, but the history you are indoctrinated with was written 300 years after the battle of hydespas by none other then Greeks themselves. You gullible Indians are easy to manipulate.

Indus is the civilization which "civilized" the lands around it, including present day India, or atleast majority of its western side. Your rants are laughable.

Yeah, you guys always take the Mega Jump to 1000 years of Islamic rule. Those invaders could rule majority of the land in India, for a few hundred years. They were pushed back within that time. Or they fight among themselves and give opportunities to Indian kings. :lol: Mind you, they even fought among themselves for women.

My region was never ruled by an Islamic invader my ancestors converted willingly.

You think 1000 years is not a long time? Those who tried to resist among your kind, the inhibitant of gangaland, the present day India, their heads were chopped off in thousands. not saying its a good or bad things, but resistance was futile. I dont have to tell you what happened to the best of warrior kind among you, the marhattas.

Glad your ancestors reverted, good for you.

I dont know your faith, neither is my concern, but according to Islamic faith, all prophets from Adam, down to Noah, to Abraham to Moses to Jesus to finally Mohammah (SAW), were Muslims. Quran mention them all as such. So if you are not believer in Islam, you are not Muslim. They all preached nothing but Islam. Only difference was their Shariah changed due to the environment and people they were send to. BUT the religion of Islam was the same. Message was the same. On Prophet Mohammad (SAW) Islam was completed and sealed.

With this background, with known 1 lack 24 thousands prophets send to humanity, with many ancients ones being send to this land of Indus civilization, Pakistani history is indeed as old as Islam. Its another debate on how many reverted back in ancient times and how many rebelled. Destruction of IVC gives the clues.

Thats what I said, READ the link I posted above, It will clear your mind. By all accounts , Alexander backside was handed overt to him on the platter by ancient Pakistanis.

I dont like to keep on repeating myself, but the history you are indoctrinated with was written 300 years after the battle of hydespas by none other then Greeks themselves. You gullible Indians are easy to manipulate.

Indus is the civilization which "civilized" the lands around it, including present day India, or atleast majority of its western side. Your rants are laughable.

You think 1000 years is not a long time? Those who tried to resist among your kind, the inhibitant of gangaland, the present day India, their heads were chopped off in thousands. not saying its a good or bad things, but resistance was futile. I dont have to tell you what happened to the best of warrior kind among you, the marhattas.

Glad your ancestors reverted, good for you.

Lol your ancestors like porus and rajah dahir were defeated kings.

Porus and rajah dahir both bought bravely against invaders. But at the end of day both were defeated. So history will remember them as losers.

Right!! I didnt know that. thanks for your valueable one and two line contributions.

Back
Top Bottom