What's new

When Charlie Hebdo Denied Freedom of Expresion to its Cartoonist

A few years old news but very relevant today:

French cartoonist Sine on trial on charges of anti-Semitism over Sarkozy jibe - Telegraph

PS: Dedicated to all the Pakistanis who were like shah sai ziada shah kai wafadar after what happened in Paris a day ago.
We know it man, there is no absolute freedom of speech in Europe. Especially when it comes to WWII events or anything remotely related to a certain religious community.

But that still doesn't give anyone any right to murder people (even those media persons who are equally extremists and f* ed up in their minds to spread hatred).

The best way to protest is using your legal right with your pen and using right of protest, bycott etc.

I sincerely hope that Muslims focus on more important things in life than these. These media goons won't stop, this is their bread and butter. Lets learn from our Chinese friends, completely ignore these hate mongers in media and concentrate on your nation building..

We must all unite against any form of extremism, we are already wittnessing what kind of havoc it is spreading in our own country..
My stance : This ^^^

I had no respect for Hebdo and their BS, but killing them is too much. It's not about 'wafadar', it's about insaniyat. And Hebdo has gotten more publicity than ever because of the attack, the cartoons are being shared more than ever now.

I had no respect for Hebdo and their BS, but killing them is too much. It's not about 'wafadar', it's about insaniyat. And Hebdo has gotten more publicity than ever because of the attack, the cartoons are being shared more than ever now.

I don't justify killings either. But I won't say I am Charlie Hebedo after this attack. No I am not. They were bigots. Who were eliminated by other radicals. End of story.

Sinet did win a 40,000 Euro court case for unfair dismissal against the publisher, so legally his rights to free speech were upheld.

I don't justify killings either. But I won't say I am Charlie Hebedo after this attack. No I am not. They were bigots. Who were eliminated by other radicals. End of story.

Neither would I, because this is my demcratic right to have my own opinion.

This is a war between extremist mindset, two types of people sitting on opposite poles, insulting and killing each other for whatever ideology or agenda they are following.

Whereas the majority of human race (Muslims, Christians, Jews.. other religions, non-religious etc ) is being used as collateral.

Sad really...

Our duty is to keep calm and focus on our nation building and keep strict checks on any extremists in our own society.

I don't say that either. I am not Hebdo. It is possible to condemn both bigotry and violence at the same time, isn't it?

A few years old news but very relevant today:

French cartoonist Sine on trial on charges of anti-Semitism over Sarkozy jibe - Telegraph

PS: Dedicated to all the Pakistanis who were like shah sai ziada shah kai wafadar after what happened in Paris a day ago.
Didnt see this going #Hebdokilledfreedomofexpression
or maybe #bigotry finally summoned its own death!

Wonder who is going to be apologetic about an inside feud/ grudge? I mean seriously how easy is it to go around Paris with mega guns and a gateway car all being done by some paid criminals?

I condemn the killings but seriously a bunch of hypocrites were killed by extremists? And the world goes round...

Last edited:
Hence proved, Charlie Hebdo is to be blamed!!
The cartoonists of the likes @ Charlie hebdo do not let the peaceful followers of the religion of peace live in peace.. Such cartoonists should be targeted more often like this..

I am sure it will make all the apologists Happy now.. Right??

The cartoonists of the likes @ Charlie hebdo do not let the peaceful followers of the religion of peace live in peace.. Such cartoonists should be targeted more often like this..

Good to see you use your low Indian IQ to some good use like bigotry and hate. :)

I don't say that either. I am not Hebdo. It is possible to condemn both bigotry and violence at the same time, isn't it?

It is possible to do the same. Just don't act as a guilty. We are not guilty for anything.

make your own cartoons exposing the double dealing of these hyprocrites but no one and I mean no one has the right to kill. That does mean people can and should be able express their views no matter how wrong and unjustified. Learn from the messenger - he brought a message and imagine if he was not allowed to express his message there would be no Islam. Life is sacred - above all other conditions - since once taken it cannot be given back, an offense caused by a cartoon can be made right be a simple apology. We, I mean Muslims must stand up to there murdering criminals and should be condemned as heretics because they are doing the work of the devil, not God.

:rofl: talk about bipolarism...Its either for them or against them? Cant you take a stand on your own? Like call a spades a spades for once in your dreamy life!

They projected themselves as "freedom of expression" but that expression is limited to their profits!

:rofl: talk about bipolarism...Its either for them or against them? Cant you take a stand on your own? Like call a spades a spades for once in your dreamy life!

They projected themselves as "freedom of expression" but that expression is limited to their profits!

Hey @Akheilos

About your signature. Soch giri hoyi mili hai? Kisi bharati ki to nahi. Shakargarh sector sai giri hoyi to nahi mili? Agar aisa hai to wapis kardo. Border par aman ho jaye ga. :D

I condemn what happened yesterday... but lets face it... insulting or provoking muslims is considered "Freedom Of Speech" ... when it comes to them.. you get jail time...
Criticizing or depicting religions/religious figures who lived over thousand years ago is part of ones right to criticize whatever you want in a modern democratic secular state in the 21st century.

Period. If you dont like what you see, argue with words, or ignore it... BUT DONT FORCE your beliefs on others.

There is no place for such BS like "blasphemy" in a modern state...

Criticizing or depicting religions/religious figures who lived over thousand years ago is part of ones right to criticize whatever you want in a modern democratic secular state in the 21st century.

Period. If you dont like what you see, argue with words, or ignore it... BUT DONT FORCE your beliefs on others.

There is no place for such BS like "blasphemy" in a modern state...

You just can't sugar quote hate speech with such shiny words like modern state, democratic secular state etc. Your country is neither one of them.

For a modern secular state, coexistence is most important. And by attacking religious figures you just can't coexist. And hence there won't be any modern democratic secular state without this tolerance and coexistence.

Back
Top Bottom