What's new

When Charlie Hebdo Denied Freedom of Expresion to its Cartoonist

This is a publicly accessible forum where everyone's opinions are available to see. You do not like it ? Tough shit.

Being polite, you can still talk about yourself and your opinions. You have freedom of expression, not freedom of representation.

Following content is taken from Bible and Quran with reference to their translations. May Allah help me put His words in right context and forgive me if I fail.

Bible > Blasphemy against Lord: "he shall surely be put to death"
Leviticus 24:16 King James Version (KJV)
And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the Lord, shall be put to death.
Reference URL: Leviticus 24:16 KJV - And he that blasphemeth the name of the - Bible Gateway

Quran > Blasphemy against God: "avoid them with gracious avoidance"
Surat Al-Muzzammil (73:11)
And be patient over what they say and avoid them with gracious avoidance.
Reference URL: Surat Al-Muzzammil [73:10] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

Quruan on Raging War and Causing Corruption

Surat Al-Mā'idah: (5:33)
Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cuut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment.
Reference URL: Surat Al-Ma'idah [5:33] - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

@TurAr; @gambit

IF a court is formed under Biblical laws, it would put blasphemous to death for sure as Bible is clear on that. Quran however has advised two strategies, 1) "Gracious Avoidance" 2) Punishable to the level of crime and this also includes exile which is the weakest.

You and I cannot decide which should apply to the culprit. That is why culprit should appear before the court and court would be able to decide culprit's fate. These punishments are mentioned in Quran and Muslims have consensus on them yet final decision comes from the court of law that which of the given punishments is applicable. They can even warn and forgive if they choose to as it is also advised.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

Allah at several places has mentioned to show restraint, avoidance and turning away from ignorant. There is one verse which asks for punishment for those who rage war and cause corruption but avoidance is at several places. Its the level of crime which determines the punishment.

• "When ye hear the signs of Allah held in defiance and ridicule, ye are not to sit with them unless they turn to a different theme." [Qur'an 4:140]
    • "And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: "to us our deeds and to you yours; peace be to you." [Qur'an 28: 55]
    • "Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant." [Qur'an 7:199]
    • "Have patience with what they say, and leaves them with noble (dignity)." [Qur'an 73:10]

Following content is taken from Bible and Quran with reference to their translations. May Allah help me put His words in right context and forgive me if I fail.
You failed: Old Testaments.

You failed: Old Testaments.

Thank you for showing desperation to find a missing 'comma'. That was perhaps best you could do in response to my post.

Translation is taken from KJV and reference to website and chapter is given.
Leviticus 24:16 King James Version (KJV).

For people who have eyes, they have their reference resource to know if it is New or Old Testament. in Either case, Leviticus 24:16 King James Version (KJV) stays Leviticus 24:16 King James Version (KJV).

Thank you for showing desperation to find a missing 'comma'. That was perhaps best you could do in response to my post.

Translation is taken from KJV and reference to website and chapter is given.
Leviticus 24:16 King James Version (KJV).

For people who have eyes, they have their reference resource to know if it is New or Old Testament. in Either case, Leviticus 24:16 King James Version (KJV) stays Leviticus 24:16 King James Version (KJV).
Leviticus, no matter version, is in the Old Testament.

Leviticus, no matter version, is in the Old Testament.

Sir, please comment on the content. I had my learning that it was old testament, Leviticus 24:16 and its not new one as it is also mentioned in my post.

Have you got anything to talk about rest of the content or you've got your "scapegoat" you needed to run away?

Sir, please comment on the content. I had my learning that it was old testament, Leviticus 24:16 and its not new one as it is also mentioned in my post.

Have you got anything to talk about rest of the content or you've got your "scapegoat" you needed to run away?
Running away from crap ? Of course. Anyone would run away from crap. It stinks.

Back
Top Bottom