What's new

What's the role of Qaher aircraft?

Sehnsucht

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Assalamu Alaikum.
I understand that it's supposed to be an stealth aircraft. But what's the role it's gonna play? Close air support?I doubt it'll be air superiority as Iran has no experience building an air superiority jet yet.CAS seems viable as it has been producing such aircrafts for a while.
Hoping to learn more from the more knowledgable members.

Assalamu Alaikum.
I understand that it's supposed to be an stealth aircraft. But what's the role it's gonna play? Close air support?I doubt it'll be air superiority as Iran has no experience building an air superiority jet yet.CAS seems viable as it has been producing such aircrafts for a while.

Its a technology demonstrator. They will learn from it and gradually expand and improve on the design. Their intentions dont seem to be for any air superiority role, Iran needs a stealth platform to perform strike role, still long way to go but on the right path. Size of the aircraft was probably kept small because they don't have the proper powerplant for a larger design.

5v195lgvy3jz.jpg

Notice the not very stealthy optical tracking gimbal under the nose. I would think it would be more practical if Iran turns this into a stealth UCAV instead.

Last edited:
Its a technology demonstrator. They will learn from it and gradually expand and improve on the design. Their intentions dont seem to be for any air superiority role, Iran needs a stealth platform to perform strike role, still long way to go but on the right path.

5v195lgvy3jz.jpg

Notice the not very stealthy optical tracking gimbal under the nose. I would think it would be more practical if Iran turns this into a stealth UCAV instead.
That bent wing is very poor design. I don't think it can even fly. The bent wing will deflect the air in the wrong direction. I don't see why would someone bend the wings of a plane downwards

That bent wing is very poor design. I don't think it can even fly. The bent wing will deflect the air in the wrong direction. I don't see why would someone bend the wings of a plane downwards
You should establish a flying class for ignorant birds!

eagle.jpg

Assalamu Alaikum.
Qaher is a multi phase project (or at least it became this way in this government!), in current level it's just a trainer/close air support (due to lack of proper engine and radars), but the final version will be an interceptor, though new aircrafts are multirole.

You should establish a flying class for ignorant birds!

View attachment 577304
How exactly you compare a plane with birds which can fold or bend their wings midflight?

Such abruptly bent wings like in Qaher will prohibit the plane from Changi direction or maneuvering. I don't see how you can make it fly if it can go only in one direction! Drooped wings are good for hovering or generating lift at low speed but it will be extremely difficult to make it maneuver. It can at best be a powered glider.

Your ignorance is not a show stopper for Iran or any other country. Stop polluting this forum with gibberish.
You are too impulsive. First just look at what I said about drooped wings and then check the aerodynamics of the same. Check what are the changes in airflow pattern while maneuvering and check whether the drooped part will come in the way of these changes.

Just because you feel proud of Iran doesn't mean whatever it does is right. Just like its rocket Safir failed after a decade of development, the Qaher can also fail. The design of Qaher is too odd to be a good design

How exactly you compare a plane with birds which can fold or bend their wings midflight?

Such abruptly bent wings like in Qaher will prohibit the plane from Changi direction or maneuvering. I don't see how you can make it fly if it can go only in one direction! Drooped wings are good for hovering or generating lift at low speed but it will be extremely difficult to make it maneuver. It can at best be a powered glider.
Why do you pretend to know something while obviously you don't?

bending wings will increase the maneuverability and stability of the aircraft. contrary to your BS, supersonic XB-70 Valkyrie was designed to bend its wings downward only during high speed flights (mach 3). LOL, powered glider!

You are too impulsive. First just look at what I said about drooped wings and then check the aerodynamics of the same. Check what are the changes in airflow pattern while maneuvering and check whether the drooped part will come in the way of these changes.

And you are ignorant. I am not here to indulge you, but your aerodynamic knowledge is amateur to say the least. So stop wasting my time. It's not called drooped wing, its called anhedral wing. And there is good reason for why. How about you read about it before commenting nonsense. If reading is too hard then go watch some youtube clips. Furthermore if you have not done any CFD analysis on this configuration then how the hell can you know the airflow pattern huh? Can you tell me where the laminar flow is and where it goes to turbulent. And how it changes in various pitch, yaw and roll angles. Of course the F not. You are just an insignificant fool who thinks you can come over here and teach us about flight.

Just because you feel proud of Iran doesn't mean whatever it does is right. Just like its rocket Safir failed after a decade of development, the Qaher can also fail. The design of Qaher is too odd to be a good design
Real men are not afraid of failing. Every time we fail we learn. Only weak men are afraid to fail and thus never dare to try.
Guess what dumb nut, just because your country has an aerospace industry, that doesn't automatically make all indians experts.

actually LCA is packed with good technologies but its another story how india has screwed it up but this clown model is just hallow fiberglass and plywood chit
Do you name nano technology carbon fiber reinforced composite a plywood?

Back
Top Bottom