What's new

whats the difference between our fence with Afghanistan vs the one with India?

than Kabul won't mind if we take these rogue groups to task.
Not really. That’s why I used the word ‘ruse’.
When convenient they would show attitude and other times inability to act.
Border areas of Pakistan are mostly tribal and people have strong links across the borders. These people have strong sense of tribal connections, which is difficult to break. Fighting comes naturally to them. That’s why no one has been able to tame and rule them in ages.

I don’t think Pakistan has what it takes to adopt a military solution. Not in pure capability terms but in terms of sustaining any offensive for a lasting solution. A lasting solution that would bring peace to your borders.
The economic development and weaning the people away from violent ways is a long drawn process. Political will and money, both are required for its effective implementation.
Both in severe short supply in Paksiatn currently.

Indian army and BSF are very much well aware of what has been happening to their border fence for more than two decades now. Simple cutting is afterall not the only way to neutralize it. There are now easier and speedier ways of making passages whenever required.

No accountability or Performance at Border Management or controlling questionable people crossing over

It is utter failure, but no JANRAIL will step forward and claim with head down in shame that they f up

And there lies the ultimate weakness in our JANRAIL system

2000-2020 Can't make a system which is fool proof

Twenty years is alot to build a robust border wall and also develop proper tracking mechanism of people cross over but as usual "Failure" after "Failure"

Last edited:
Yeah? how many did you manage to tie up and cage in your 20 years in the neighborhood.

I am convinced Afghans are the fricking gog and magog ( yajooj majooj ) and they will destroy the world. There's no containing them

how hard is this ?

No Punjabis on both side are not relatives. Same ethnicity yes but no family terms. There is no fence on Kashmir line of control.

Not right across the border
Please go read some history.

There seems to have very little info borders & border management.

Its the most difficult job to stop infiltration.

Firstly, the borders are wide open. There's nothing stopping people crossing border between AFG - PAK. The fence is not at entire area, there's 100s of km of wide openings. We simply do not have enough funds or manpower to manage the entire border.

Even the border with India is wide open. The fence is only at indian side of the border. Pakistan has not even contructed a fence at its side (no money). Secondly, 50 of kms gap and there is nothing and then a checkpost and then 50 km gap and another checkpost. There is no military guarding the borders as people tend to believe. Your entire military is sitting inside cities (Cantts). It will be called upon once there is war threat and then the deployment will happen.

Try to go at border areas and see for yourself. Or Do one thing spend a day on google satellite maps and see with highest magnification the borders between PAK-AFG & LOC, you will be amazed at openness.

So when people say, we must seal the border then it appears the most hilarious thing to me. As there's no infrastructure and no capability ever built to do so. The fence has become a joke and removed within seconds by TTPs or even AFG Taliban whenever they want. Any ordinary person can go through with cutters. The Afghans are expert in these things.

Solution:
We will never be able to stop the infiltration through fence. What we need is to increase the number of checkposts, so that one check post can view other checkpost through binoculars. and we should equip our checkposts with high tech sensors and night vision devices and hexacopter drones. Also currently the checkposts are very basic structure. Those needs to be fortified as well.

because we dont want to breach and give them an excuse that we are helping with infiltration.. Afghans are metal thieves there is no comparison.

he fancies some metal thieving.
Afghans are metal thieves.

instead of metal fencing . we should have put concrete T walls like below along Pak Afghan border.

t-walls-security-product-mifram-006.jpg

Needs Billions of dollars to build a concrete wall for such a long border. Even wealthy nations cannot afford such thing. If we had money, we would have done so already. Its impossible to build such wall with tiny economy.

@Baburfromsarmarkand @hussain0216 @Clutch @SaadH @Bleek @ProblemSolver @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Goritoes @Solidify @GriffinsRule

Firstly, the borders are wide open. There's nothing stopping people crossing border between AFG - PAK. The fence is not at entire area, there's 100s of km of wide openings. We simply do not have enough funds or manpower to manage the entire border.

Even the border with India is wide open. The fence is only at indian side of the border. Pakistan has not even contructed a fence at its side (no money). Secondly, 50 of kms gap and there is nothing and then a checkpost and then 50 km gap and another checkpost. There is no military guarding the borders as people tend to believe. Your entire military is sitting inside cities (Cantts). It will be called upon once there is war threat and then the deployment will happen.

Try to go at border areas and see for yourself. Or Do one thing spend a day on google satellite maps and see with highest magnification the borders between PAK-AFG & LOC, you will be amazed at openness.

So when people say, we must seal the border then it appears the most hilarious thing to me. As there's no infrastructure and no capability ever built to do so. The fence has become a joke and removed within seconds by TTPs or even AFG Taliban whenever they want. Any ordinary person can go through with cutters. The Afghans are expert in these things.

Solution:
We will never be able to stop the infiltration through fence. What we need is to increase the number of checkposts, so that one check post can view other checkpost through binoculars. and we should equip our checkposts with high tech sensors and night vision devices and hexacopter drones. Also currently the checkposts are very basic structure. Those needs to be fortified as well.

Needs Billions of dollars to build a concrete wall for such a long border. Even wealthy nations cannot afford such thing. If we had money, we would have done so already. Its impossible to build such wall with tiny economy.

@Baburfromsarmarkand @hussain0216 @Clutch @SaadH @Bleek @ProblemSolver @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Goritoes @Solidify @GriffinsRule

I think the fence is complete and to be fair it's a good general deterrent to 90-95% of afghans, however at the end of the day it's a metal railing and barbwire fence

I can build a fence between my property and my neighbors it's great, but if my neighbor is a donkey that keeps dismantling it then I either have to build a much stronger (expensive) fence or constantly keep vigil and confront him when he try's to take it down

The problem is simple the afghans are race of backwards donkeys, with very little education, understanding of history, respect for boundaries and borders and agreements, they are In a state of constant conflict with everyone Hazaras, Tajik, Uzbeks, Pakistan and the people on our side are not too different

They love the victim culture, they don't accept they are the constant variable in decades of conflict

They constantly bad mouth Pakistan then like the worthless backwards namak harams they are they turn up here

I'm all for peaceful solutions but afghans/pashtuns are very very backwards and they have lost how to reason and think, people don't say anything because they don't want to seem offensive but we need to be open about what is happening

Solution:

Surveillance and long range remote controlled firepower.

I never understood this idea of placing lightly armed small groups of soldiers in the most uncivilized place on planet.
Military leadership clearly considers soldiers as expendables.

Bharatis are haramzadai who also dear their own life

Afghans are namakharam and haramzadai who are like rats. Keep dying and keep reproducing

Both fences can't be compared

Solution:

Then our government + Army are TRULY Changa Manga individuals with promoting the idea of Banana Republic which is Pakistan.

I am ashtonished to learn these FACTs & we have loopholes everywhere.
The Fence is pure farce & joke of the country.

But as counter measure even in this scenerio I believe border with hexecopters drones + highly sophisticated sensors (not the ones from the local markets as they are not built for military levels robust).
Just have a look what Trump Admin did with the unfinished Wall with US-Mexico border?
They're using highly advanced Matrix technology from Isreal to locate humans crossing using heat sensors from drones.
But I guess Pakistan is lacking funds & ability to construct anything.

The Afghan border at least should be sealed.

Back
Top Bottom