What's new

Whatever

He was a kstriya himself

Doesn't matter. Hazrat Muhammad was once from within the idolating and oppressive Quraish tribe yet he produced ideas ( or became the conduit for divine revelation if you believe in such ) for progressive, justice-seeking and rational ideas that went against his tribe's beliefs and those elsewhere in the wider region. Marx lived within Capitalist Europe yet he spoke for Europe and elsewhere to be liberated of the chains of Capitalism.

Last edited:
p8-edit-005.jpg

Pakistanis must sit down and concentrate on the days ahead. War from India, shortage of fuel and food and may be water as well, will be Pakistans first problem.

A moderator closed/deleted that thread (what a shame) unfortunately so I will write my reply here.

What a great post my friend. While as the good @Maira La has shown there are actual differances between Pakistan and Indian populations and that the 'recipe' that makes Pakistan - Pakhtuns, Punjabis, Sindhis, Baloch etc is quite unique and quite distinct from any other country in the world even if there is convergence with others. This is almost always the case in all countries.

The problem is Pakistan has failed to market itself properly and failed to develop brand Pakistan. In addition there is another problem. I find the signature Indian communities that have left a strong fingerprint on the global scene are mostly those Indians who are either originally from what is now Pakistan or from shared demographics like Sikh Punjabis.

Bizzarely the Mohajir community in Pakistan which hails from India has actually ended up being a signature for Pakistan globally. This has helped to conflate Pakistan and India. For instance we had a Mohajir President Musharaf from Delhi, India and they had Punjabi Sikh from Pakistan as PM - IK Gujral. The same can be seen in Bollywood who often hail from what is now Pakistan where perversly the media is dominated by India origin people.

Well said as well. It is great to see Pakistanis that can look at the bigger picture and tell it how it is without sugar-coating it.

It is a bizarre world indeed but the political dominance of that particular ethnic group/community within Pakistan can be explained due to political events during the foundation of Pakistan as a state and the demography of that migrant group. Their dominance of Pakistani politics/institutions has been far too disproportionate to their actual numbers which has created a distorted and inaccurate picture of Pakistan to the outside world.

The Muhajir contribution to Pakistan cannot be underestimated but that is not the topic of the discussion here. As I wrote more than once by now it is about the dilution of Pakistan in favor of a Indian/South Asian centric worldview that does nothing else but harm Pakistan.

If we can all agree that nation states are all modern constructs we should also be able to agree that the "brand" of a country is equally subject to change. The Pakistani brand has been struggling for decades and the last thing we need as a country is to group ourselves with a country and people that most of us (vast majority) share very little with not to mention the political element that is dominated by hostility and dislike. It is like shooting yourself in the foot. Can you imagine any other country doing something similar? I cannot. Then we all wonder why the state of Pakistan is as it is.

Lastly, an important thing here, it is always usually the majority that dictates the direction of a country. Take the US as an example with the White (European) dominated history and worldview. Or Iran as an example. The Persians are the dominant ethnic group and Iran is seen through their lens. Similarly with the Turks in Turkey. Similarly with the Arabs in Iraq. It would be like if the Afro-Arab community in say Saudi Arabia (5-10% of the population) would define that country and not the native Arabs. Or say the 80% ethnic Russians not defining Russia but say the 1.5 million Chechens instead.

Not sure what the solution to this problem is other than educating our own people.

@Sainthood 101 @PAKISTANFOREVER

Last edited:
A moderator closed/deleted that thread (what a shame) unfortunately so I will write my reply here.

Well said as well. It is great to see Pakistanis that can look at the bigger picture and tell it how it is without sugar-coating it.

It is a bizarre world indeed but the political dominance of that particular ethnic group/community within Pakistan can be explained due to political events during the foundation of Pakistan as a state and the demography of that migrant group. Their dominance of Pakistani politics/institutions has been far too disproportionate to their actual numbers which has created a distorted and inaccurate picture of Pakistan to the outside world.

The Muhajir contribution to Pakistan cannot be underestimated but that is not the topic of the discussion here. As I wrote more than once by now it is about the dilution of Pakistan in favor of a Indian/South Asian centric worldview that does nothing else but harm Pakistan.

If we can all agree that nation states are all modern constructs we should also be able to agree that the "brand" of a country is equally subject to change. The Pakistani brand has been struggling for decades and the last thing we need as a country is to group ourselves to a country and people that most of us (vast majority) share very little with not to mention the political element that is dominated by hostility and dislike. It is like shooting yourself. Can you imagine any other country doing something similar? I cannot. Then we all wonder why the state of Pakistan is as it is.

Lastly, an important thing here, it is always usually the majority that dictates the direction of a country. Take Iran as an example. The Persians are the dominant ethnic group and Iran is seen through their lens. Similarly with the Turks in Turkey. Similarly with the Arabs in Iraq. It would be like if the Afro-Arab community in say Saudi Arabia (5-10% of the population) would define that country and not the native Arabs. Or say the 80% ethnic Russians not defining Russia but say the 1.5 million Chechens instead.

Not sure what the solution to this problem is other than educating our own people.

@Sainthood 101 @PAKISTANFOREVER

The first move is to promote and instill a fiercely patriotic and nationalistic sense of identity in ALL Pakistanis. This needs to be done through the education system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom