What's new

Whatever

I like both roti and chapati but I prefer the latter because its is more tasty and soft but roti is also good. I also like paratha and naan. People eat roti with rice mostly while chapati with salan. In Karachi, they eat more roll-paratha.. but they do not make it in home usually because they are busy people.

Yes, my ancestral home is near Multan because of the farmlands. I have been to Bahawalpur twice..once in my childhood..I remember playing with deers in their home.. and they cooked one deer for us, me and my younger Brother really cried and protested against killing our friend :partay:. Again, I visited my cousin and childhood friend who was studying in Quaid-e-Azam Medical College in Bahawalpur. It's a nice city... Very beautiful..

Akhri ni hota ..akhir hota ha... Urdu ma..

People eat roti with rice? Wtf?

ROTI is a traditional unleavened whole-wheat bread which, depending on the cook, can be as thin as paper or thick as pita. Small portions of the dough are rolled out into discs , using a rolling pin. The rolled-out dough is thrown on the preheated dry skillet and cooked on both sides. Sometimes after partially cooking it on the skillet/tawa, it is then put directly on a high flame, which makes it blow up like a balloon.

CHAPPATI is traditionally made from very finely milled whole wheat "chapati flour" and tend to be thin and papery. CHAPPATI is traditionally made by patting the dough balls betweenthe palms of the two hands and flattening it(chappat in hindi meansflat). So some veterans would say that it is not a chappati if it is
not flattened by hand, i.e. without the use of a rolling pin. A chappati may or may not puff up like a phulka. Some also cook it completely on a tawa, by applying slight pressure on the surface of the dough-disc thereby cooking it completely.

Back
Top Bottom