What's new

Whatever

ok now give it to us :mad:

Aim for the big ones, Captain CATOBAR.
Leave these small boats for us.

wockle.jpg

standard.jpg

Couldn't find a dedicated movies thread (most forums have one) so posting here. Saw a absolutely riveting movie on Saturday. Bridge of Spies. Tom Hanks. Set in the Cold War. Awesome! And absolute must watch. A Spielberg masterclass after a long time.

BRIDGE-OF-SPIES-QUAD-UK.jpg

Bridge-5.jpg

acpmhy.jpg

2j13ajq.jpg

One is killed directly one indirectly. We lost our precious men.

Thanks to Zombandi ideology.

2000 years ago London was called 'Londonium'. We call it London today. Russians call their capital Москва. We call it Moscow. Cue: Names change.
Europeans could not pronounce most of the south asian names and ergo preferred to change it to words which would end up meaning nothing. But many countries have switched back to their original names like Burma changed its name to Myanmar. Beijing was called Peking by the Britishers, Chinese made it a point to switch back to the city's original name once European countries lost their influence over China. Similarly Ceylon was European colonial name bestowed upon Sri lanka by the Portuguese, which the Sri lankans have got rid off. i can give you more examples like Constantinople to Istanbul.
Afterall who would want to live with a colonial stamp on them forever?

And what sort of manifestation of silliness are you?
Exactly my thoughts when i read some of your posts.

If you insist calling Taksasila and want to be historically accurate why do you abandon that authenticity when in the same sentance your corrupt it by using 'Indian' when you know 2,000 years ago the word 'India' did NOT even exist?
Now that you've "requested" me to use names according to the era, let me correct what i had posted earlier. It was Taksasila,Gandhara region, under the Mauryan empire. This is how the city was called for most part of its history.

Taksasila,Gandhara
That at least is accurate - unlike your other fiddling and darn outright deciet. where you insist on one leg to be authentic by calling it Taxsasila and then on other leg go full on fraud by using India when both terms did not EXIST contemperonously.

As regards Mauryan Empire that was only for some time - Gandhara was separate for most period of it's existance. Mauryan Empire lasted exactly 137 years and it's rule on Gandhara was even less. But still Mauryan is more accurate then calling it 'Indian' and just to calm your horses down South India was not even part of it.

And we are seriously off topic. Open another thread if you want to fence with me - if you are a glutton for punishment because you shall lose.

Ps. I am happy to call it Taxsasila as long as you don't use that as some grubby attempt to gain historical heritage out of it by using the term 'India' from the other side of the continent.

Last edited:
Blast from the past. Anybody here watch Sweeney? Part of my weekly entertainment was dose of g'vnor bashing and cuffing the baddies.

Back
Top Bottom