What's new

Whatever

On the contrary lifting weights is not for pehalwans or sumos alone and no you're not going to get big if you lift weights. And yes it builds both functional strength and flexibility provided that you don't do 10 isolation exercises for your chest, traps or any other single muscle group; do deadlifts, squats, overhead presses and weighted pullups - It doesn't get anymore functional than that.

Have you ever wondered why those Olympic lifters who're doing Power Cleans look neither big nor bloated and yet have tons of functional strength - Its because they're doing the right kind of exercises. Or how Olympic sprinters do all of those functional exercises in the gym and still don't look bloated but extremely chiseled.

If you're going to go to the gym and instead of doing compound exercises with free-weights are going to do bodybuilding exercises you're not going build any functional strength and yes you're going to reduce your flexibility.

Lifting weights means that you're progressively increasing resistance that your body is subjected to, including your bones. The bones compensate for that by getting denser....as you age you loose bone density and women loose it more quickly and much more than men. Progressive resistance training (like strength training using weights) ensures that you either don't loose bone density at an accelerated or you've already got enough of it to compensate for the loss or both of them at once.

P.S Cardio is an absolute waste of time.....build muscle - you won't get big....you don't have the testosterone thats needed to get big - because muscle burns calories even in rest phase.
Now how many of us can actually get a good trainer like the ones who participate in olympics???
If you're looking for muscles which show on you through your shirts, then gym is the place to go. But I wonder why would one waste so much time at the gym working each part of their body separately when you can connect all of the dots and do it all at once with yoga???

I prefer outdoor activity compared to gym; gym is artificial and non-scientific.
Go out for swimming, tennis, soccer, do yoga or just about anything but not gym.

YOGA nahi hoga Toh Kya hoga??? ;) :P hehehe

Now how many of us can actually get a good trainer like the ones who participate in olympics???
If you're looking for muscles which show on you through your shirts, then gym is the place to go. But I wonder why would one waste so much time at the gym working each part of their body separately when you can connect all of the dots and do it all at once with yoga???

I prefer outdoor activity compared to gym; gym is artificial and non-scientific.
Go out for swimming, tennis, soccer, do yoga or just about anything but not gym.

YOGA nahi hoga Toh Kya hoga??? ;) :P hehehe

Because static resistance and flexibility doesn't build strength - Thats why you don't do Yoga ! :tsk:

Flexibility is something that you should develop alongside a proper strength training program not as a stand-alone thing.

And you don't need a trainer.....you just need to know which exercises to do - Google is your friend !

Progressive (Dynamic) resistance is what build's strength - There is a reason why top athletes in all sports or sporting events hit the gym because nothing builds lower body explosive strength as doing Barbell Squats does !

Yoga nahin hoga tou Gym hoga ! :smokin:

jamahir's pdf ad of the day...

watch out for this college in india... it will not produce a new line of jobniks but very soon will produce a entirely new microprocessor design ( and destroy intel and arm companies ) and will produce 100 people greater than elon musk and able to colonize mars by 2020...

snapshot1.png

that doesnt explain why it needed to be on your dp...
r u from kharian area??
LOL :D
Here is the original photo of him:
TySimpkins0.jpg

I tweaked it to make it a little better as part of my Photoshop CC 2015 teaching course:
TySimpkins.jpg

And then used it as dp.

And no I am not from Kharian. I am originally from Rawalpindi. What it has anything to do with dp? :D :D :D

LOL :D
Here is the original photo of him:
TySimpkins0.jpg

I tweaked it to make it a little better as part of my Photoshop CC 2015 teaching course:
TySimpkins.jpg

And then used it as dp.

And no I am not from Kharian. I am originally from Rawalpindi. What it has anything to do with dp? :D :D :D
most pakistanis from norway are from kharian.....
and people kharian dont say the nonsense u say usually arif.

jamahir's pdf ad of the day...

watch out for this college in india... it will not produce a new line of jobniks but very soon will produce a entirely new microprocessor design ( and destroy intel and arm companies ) and will produce 100 people greater than elon musk and able to colonize mars by 2020...

View attachment 231504
you are being sarcastic right, is amity that good?

you got the dp of a 10 year old boy.... that is kinda freaky.... a little pedo.
What??? You Islamist Jihadis really have such ugly perverted mindset??? Maybe that's why you wish to "protect" your women by enforcing Hijab on them, in order to save them from like-minded pervert men?
These are the real MUSLIM "PEDOS" that you should be worrying about. Shame on you. Your BS is reported.
Earlier, I have used photos of my niece, my nephews as dp, and no one complained. Now, all of a sudden when I use a retouched photo of a well-known Hollywood actor, I am pedo? Are you Americans equally dumb? :D :D :D

And btw, why the heck are you using two well-known Hollywood actors as your DP as well? You are not gay are you? :D :D :D Crazy Muslim Jihadi hypocrites calling others freaks while doing the same thing themselves for ages :D :D :D
@TankMan @syedali73

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom