What's new

Whatever

Anyone familiar with Mil Squawk Codes? (25XX is Transit)

pEBzOo.png

@Transhumanist - So ma'am how is Pakistan viewed in Norway and how are Pakistani-Norwegians viewed in Norway ? :)

Very well, Norway has a large Pakistani immigrant population (our third largest immigrant population, Poles and Swedes top the list) - mostly from Punjab and living in either Oslo or Drammen (I live in Sandefjord so I don't really have too much interaction or personal experience with them). Individuals may be weighted differently than the overall group, but as a group they are a respected people. Integration issues occasionally crop-up, less noticeable and manifested then in Sweden, but problems have arisen as well. However, taken as a whole, the Pakistani population has been well received.

If you'd like more than just my generalist (and limited by my limited experience) perspective, here's some info:

Pakistani Norwegians

Is someone looking for a place to move to or study in:azn:?

Very well, Norway has a large Pakistani immigrant population (our third largest immigrant population, Poles and Swedes top the list) - mostly from Punjab and living in either Oslo or Drammen (I live in Sandefjord so I don't really have too much interaction or personal experience with them). Individuals may be weighted differently than the overall group, but as a group they are a respected people. Integration issues occasionally crop-up, less noticeable and manifested then in Sweden, but problems have arises as well. However, taken as a whole, the Pakistani population has been well received.

If you'd like more than just my generalist (and limited by my limited experience) perspective, here's some info:

Pakistani Norwegians

Is someone looking for a place to move to or study in:azn:?

Just exploring my options ! :ashamed:

I'm 24 and have a few years of work experience under my belt so going for a graduate program in management or finance is the next logical step for me. I'm more inclined towards the UK but I've got a buddy over there in Oslo who tells me that the Pakistani community over there is well respected in Norway because most of them are educated professionals or students so they haven't had much issues settling in and likewise on the other hand Norwegians are very welcoming people ! :)

But he also tells me that I'm probably going to freeze to death over there because I am the guy who even sleeps with a blanket in the summers of my city when the temperature could reach 40+ C in the day ! :lol:

So ma'am tell me hows the Norwegian job market ?

Is English understood their widely ?

How are British Qualifications viewed over there in Norway ?

And is Norwegian food as bland as my buddy made it out to be ? :tongue:

So ma'am tell me hows the Norwegian job market ?

Competitive, you'll need strong credentials to compete. In fact foreign nationals don't tend to compete well:

"Foreign graduates may find it difficult to break into the job market, as Norwegian workers generally have an edge - owing to the fact that networking and personal recommendations go a long way to landing a job in Norway."

Work in Norway | Prospects.ac.uk

Is English understood their widely ?

It's mandatory in primary school (Grades 1–7, ages 6–13) so most people will know and fluently speak English, their accent might be a bit of an impediment though.

Education in Norway

How are British Qualifications viewed over there in Norway ?

Depends on the school, but no nation's graduates are viewed better than anyone else's. Your skills, networking opportunities and contacts and credentials/licensing matter more in the Norwegian jobs market.

And is Norwegian food as bland as my buddy made it out to be ? :tongue:

Bland no, disgusting yes! I don't want to scare you too bad, so I'll avoid providing any pictures.

Last edited:
Competitive, you'll need strong credentials to compete. In fact foreign nationals don't tend to compete well:

"Foreign graduates may find it difficult to break into the job market, as Norwegian workers generally have an edge - owing to the fact that networking and personal recommendations go a long way to landing a job in Norway."

Work in Norway | Prospects.ac.uk

It's mandatory in primary school (Grades 1–7, ages 6–13) so most people will know and fluently speak English, their accent might be a bit of an impediment though.

Education in Norway

Depends on the school, but no nation's graduates are viewed better than anyone else's. Your skills, networking opportunities and contacts and credentials/licensing matter more in the Norwegian jobs market.

Bland no, disgusting yes! I don't want to scare you too bad, so I'll avoid providing any pictures.

Okay ma'am so what you're essentially saying is 'don't even think of coming to Norway 'cause We don't like you and we don't want you !' ! :( :cry:

I'll go to my Danish brethren now ! :angry:

Okay ma'am so what you're essentially saying is 'don't even think of coming to Norway' ! :(

I got the message loud and clear - We don't like you and we don't want you ! :cry:

I'll go to my Danish brethren now ! :angry:

Actually, yes. In a roundabout way I was saying that. Despite its wealth and need for foreign workers, Norway's job market is very competitive.

Denmark's is less so and is in need and welcoming of foreign nationals:

"In recent years Denmark has welcomed foreign workers into a number of industries and in the coming years it is expected that there will be an increasing need for foreign labour."

Again, the market is competitive, since most of the jobs are private sector, but the nation is more welcoming of foreign nationals, despite have a larger population of people, even though its a fraction of the size of Norway

Work in Denmark | Prospects.ac.uk

You'll need a beard though:

18143912.jpg

Denmark:rofl:. Wimps!!!

run__denmark__run_by_anghuiqing-d4c29sm.png

Actually, yes. In a roundabout way I was saying that. Despite its wealth and need for foreign workers, Norway's job market is very competitive.

Denmark's is less so and is in need and welcoming of foreign nationals:

"In recent years Denmark has welcomed foreign workers into a number of industries and in the coming years it is expected that there will be an increasing need for foreign labour."

Again, the market is competitive, since most of the jobs are private sector, but the nation is more welcoming of foreign nationals, despite have a larger population of people, even though its a fraction of the size of Norway

Work in Denmark | Prospects.ac.uk

You'll need a beard though:

18143912.jpg

Denmark:rofl:. Wimps!!!

run__denmark__run_by_anghuiqing-d4c29sm.png

And here I thought you'd be like - Yes....yes come on over...Norway needs exceptional young men like yourself ! :(

@SvenSvensonov I feel so unwanted ! :cry:

@Armstrong
@SvenSvensonov I feel so unwanted ! :cry:

Isn't Sven of Swedish origin? I'm not sure how he could help with Denmark?
Besides, if you had to feel weird, I would have thought it would have come
from this :
@Armstrong jamahir is jealous of you:flame:
Dont you worry jamahir, my lil bro is a harmless cat. :)

Levina strikes me as a lovely lady but I wouldn't like to be called a harmless cat personally!
No one ever sang : Who let the cats out? and all that! :p:

;) I'm just messing with ya, keep your spirits up man! :happy: Tay.

Back
Top Bottom