What's new

Whatever

pdf pages seem to connect to two websites, one called "cdn" something and the other's name i don't remember... for me, pdf pages generally get stuck at this point.

Site works mostly fine here

Site works mostly fine here

okay... what is your machine's configuration??

also,

1. i saw now that the other site is adserver.adtechus.com.

2. i use "slax linux" running off a pen-drive... i used to run it with the option, "persistent changes", enabled, which means that the pen-drive is used to store any changes ( like browser history )... i run slax now with that option disabled and i find the system running faster.

also,

2. i use "slax linux" running off a pen-drive... i used to run it with the option, "persistent changes", enabled, which means that the pen-drive is used to store any changes ( like browser history )... i run slax now with that option disabled and i find the system running faster.

Thats kinda extreme. Any reason to use it from a pen drive?

Thats kinda extreme. Any reason to use it from a pen drive?

1. convenience, mainly... i have less than 6 gb data which is duplicated on a few 4 gb pen-drives... i can take them anywhere.

2. the "box" is lighter without hard-disk and it is generally inconvenient to take out a hard-disk if you plan to take data somewhere.

though one pen-drive has stopped working... i wonder if it is because of constant use ( read and write ).

also,

Didn't notice 2 sites in windows browser for pdf never.Never do it your way, just copying the data on portable hard time to time

Didn't notice 2 sites in windows browser for pdf never.Never do it your way, just copying the data on portable hard time to time

those sites' names appear in the "status bar" ( bottom bar of browser )... but now that i am running "slax linux" with "persistent changes" disabled, the browsing is faster.

those sites' names appear in the "status bar" ( bottom bar of browser )... but now that i am running "slax linux" with "persistent changes" disabled, the browsing is faster.

Mostly page opens instantly so you don't notice. So you keep pen-drive all time running

1. convenience, mainly... i have less than 6 gb data which is duplicated on a few 4 gb pen-drives... i can take them anywhere.

2. the "box" is lighter without hard-disk and it is generally inconvenient to take out a hard-disk if you plan to take data somewhere.

though one pen-drive has stopped working... i wonder if it is because of constant use ( read and write ).

Yes. All solid state devices have a limited read write cycles (mostly write). Look up wear leveling.

Sheray punjab first and last time i am telling u, dont quote me to share songs etc. U want to quote me in threads of serious discussion for relevant reply, thats one thing. But otherwise just refrain. this is the second time u posted video.dont do that again, dont quote for video shares and irrelevant posts.

Salaam,

Apnaay ahwaz ka bolaa to mainay apni favorite band Junoon ka song post kiya. "Meri ahwaz sun lo". Appko itna bura lagaa tau main app sey muafi maang ta hun. Actually, it seems like you do not like me, so I will not quote you anywhere. I am just a fun loving forumer, but you seem to be upset with me. Honestly, I posted the songs that I did, because I assumed you were a 90's child, but I am sure you are not.

From now on, I will not even spit in the direction that you walk.

I am a Pakistani patriot and friends with almost all Pakistani members here, girls or boys. You are the first person I will ignore along with Indians.

Sorry for quoting you. Take care and Khuda Haafez.
Sir,

Plz dont spit. It i s not a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom