What's new

Whatever

b7f5d8909e36027cbc6ad7755e6aa5ca._.jpg

Explanation for The Leaning Tower illusion

The two images of the Leaning Tower of Pisa are identical, yet one has the impression that the tower on the right leans more, as if photographed from a different angle. The reason for this is because the visual system treats the two images as if part of a single scene. Normally, if two adjacent towers rise at the same angle, their image outlines converge as they recede from view due to perspective, and this is taken into account by the visual system. So when confronted with two towers whose corresponding outlines are parallel, the visual system assumes they must be diverging as they rise from view, and this is what we see. The illusion is not restricted to towers photographed from below, but works well with other scenes, such as railway tracks receding into the distance. What this illusion reveals is less to do with perspective, but how the visual system tends to treat two side-by-side images as if part of the same scene. However hard we try to think of the two photographs of the Leaning Tower as separate, albeit identical images of the same object, our visual system regards them as the ‘Twin Towers of Pisa’, whose perspective can only be interpreted in terms of one tower leaning more than the other.

I donno how many here loves photography, but this is the basic photography knowledge, you can term Photography 101

HI Guys, wassup?

As predicted this thread got closed and reopened back ( thanks to our dear mods)

I would have missed this thread a lot today otherwise :(

HI Guys, wassup?

As predicted this thread got closed and reopened back ( thanks to our dear mods)

I would have missed this thread a lot today otherwise :(

Welcome back... but you can always start a new thread and name it "Randomness" ;)

Welcome back... but you can always start a new thread and name it "Randomness" ;)

Thanks Jinxie.

Well that can never be the solution rather I would say thats running away from the problem. We can start many threads if the previous ones are closed, but with this sort of childish behaviour what guarantee it has that those wont be closed soon enough?

The solution is in changing our behaviour collectively and the pride is in keeping this thread alive :) :cheers:

Thanks Jinxie.

Well that can never be the solution rather I would say thats running away from the problem. We can start many threads if the previous ones are closed, but with this sort of childish behaviour what guarantee it has that those wont be closed soon enough?

The solution is in changing our behaviour collectively and the pride is in keeping this thread alive :) :cheers:

I admit I argued a bit in this thread.. but the troller who was provoking me is gone now(or atleast I hope so :what::what:)

I admit I argued a bit in this thread.. but the troller who was provoking me is gone now(or atleast I hope so :what::what:)

Jinxie, I think somewhere you told that you are 19 , so I am not surprised, In your age even i used to give in to temptations very easily. I used to have the belief that who ever opposes my belief is absolutely wrong.

I think Zaki told you to simply ignore him or anytone provoking you, I know its tough sometimes but not completely impossible.

There are some members who have certain type of obsessions for the poverty of India, lack of toilets and the illfamed cast system amonst a few. Have you ever seen any mature member discussing and replying in those threads?
Even when you were spewing venom about the beauty/ugliness of people, did I ever try to prove you wrong in anyway?

Jinxie, just try to ignore the trolls, as AM said nothing irritates them more than ignoring them :)

Hope you understood my point :cheers:

So dreamer, what dreams you see? :P

Tell me about the ones you see with the open eyes :)

Thread reopened...
Great news
jinxeD_girl you cannot blame whiteknight ,,it was you who was replying....
you could ignore him...as we all were ignoring both of you during this lohore vs cantt discussion...
do not you know
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -mahatma gandhi

Thread reopened...
Great news
jinxeD_girl you cannot blame whiteknight ,,it was you who was replying....
you could ignore him...as we all were ignoring both of you during this lohore vs cantt discussion...
do not you know
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -mahatma gandhi

I am not completely blaming him.. I said "I admit I argued a bit", can you read english ?:what:

And thanks for bringing in the moral police into the discussion :D

I was ignoring him.. but then thebrownguy was laughing at one of his comments.. and that made me really mad... :devil:

Anywayz, it is over now.. Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi ?

I am not completely blaming him.. I said "I admit I argued a bit", can you read english ?:what:

And thanks for bringing in the moral police into the discussion :D

I was ignoring him.. but then thebrownguy was laughing at one of his comments.. and that made me really mad... :devil:

Anywayz, it is over now.. Do you prefer Coke or Pepsi ?

Do you serve Nimbu Pani too? :P

Back
Top Bottom