What's new

Whatever

Yes....now do it ! :mad:

Or else I'm going to have the Parliament pass a legislation that all English Majors should be forcefully drafted into the Civil Services ! :whistle:

You would have grandchildren by the time you would finally be able to pass any such legislation and trust me i am putting it mildly :partay:

@Armstrong

I came across your post on this thread, & I happen to agree with some of the points you raised. I couldn't respond to that thread earlier due to insufficient privileges. Anyway, Pakistan's unity is dependent on a number of points, which include geography, military, shared history, common genetic roots, ancient civilizations, & religion. The military's role is obvious, & so is the geographical necessity to remain united for the purpose of sharing resources, trade routes, etc. You brought up these points as well, but I have a few more to add to the list. Religion plays an important role in our nation, but in real life, Pakistanis consider every ethnic group from our country as their own regardless of the religion they practice. For instance, I have never come across a Pashtun that felt that the only reason he considers a Punjabi one of his own is because of Islam. Our ethnic groups may have political & provincial differences, but they do not consider each other alien. That's visible in both Pakistan & abroad. Generally, Pakistanis only use their Islamic heritage to bond with foreign Muslims. The reason for that is the fact that most of our ethnic groups are essentially related to each other barring a few, but even those few have adopted our cultures & languages anyway. For the ordinary Pakistani with minimal knowledge of history, this relationship between ethnic groups could be observed by noticing the various cultural similarities between these groups in the form of food, clothing, appearance, etc. Similarly, from a historical & civilizational perspective, many nations such as the Harappans, the Indo-Parthian kingdom, et cetera prospered in what is now Pakistan.

Moving on to a combination of the historical & genetic perspective, the primary regions of settlement of the Indo-Iranian tribes were Afghanistan, the Iranian plateau, & the Indus. Modern day ethnic groups such as the Kashmiris, Pashtuns, Baloch, & ethnic Punjabis (not the absorbed immigrants) are primarily of the Indo-Iranian stock. Yes, there has been assimilation & many people have been culturally absorbed as well so the phenotype is slightly corrupted depending upon the region visited, but the fact remains that these people primarily descend from Indo-Iranians by blood & in terms of languages & cultures too. In the past, after the Indo-Iranians first arrived here, the only real difference between a Kashmiri & a Punjabi would have been the name of the geographical region he or she resided on, the dialects they spoke, & perhaps their different Indo-Iranian tribes & chieftains. Those chieftains' authority would eventually evolve in to the formation of full-fledged kingdoms. The reference to the dialects they spoke was meant to inform readers that languages like Sanskrit & Avestan (Indo-Iranian tongues descending from proto-Indo-Iranian) had various tribal dialects, which would eventually evolve in to our current languages. It's only later that their geographical distance, isolation, & various different kingdoms led to the evolutionary differences between their languages & cultures resulting in a different "adjective" for identification than the earlier term "Aryan" used by the Indo-Iranian tribes. Please note that even non-Indo-Iranian ethnic groups in the Sub-Continent speak Indo-Aryan languages, but that's primarily because of the cultural & military dominance of the Indo-Iranian tribes. They have no racial relation to the ancient Indo-Iranians anyway. There is some mixture here & there, but that's due to intermarriages, which resulted in the offspring being absorbed in to the local racial stock. It's sort of similar to how some White Americans with Native American roots are still racially Caucasian. The point is that even if all of us were to turn in to atheists, we would continue to share a bond that goes beyond our passports, nationality, & religion. The best part is that this bond of blood & heritage is one that can never be broken.

When it comes to religion, I tend to agree with the morals, values, & laws inspired by Islam. The reason for that is their role in eradicating moral degeneracy at political, national, & societal levels. Moral degeneracy has destroyed civilizations in the past & eradicated the social fabric of many societies. In fact, its effects are apparent in some nations today too. Getting to nationalism, a point that you misunderstood when we had a different discussion in the past is that our (nationalists among Pakistanis) sense of nationalism isn't meant to disunite our ethnicities on the basis of their modern languages & cultures, but to unite them on the basis of their shared Indo-Iranian heritage, which includes all of these cultures & languages like Koshur & Punjabi. Apart from that, even genetic studies & history itself verifies that we are all related to those ancient people anyway. Islam plays a role in our identities too, & Pakistan was also founded as a land where Muslims could practice their religion freely without oppression. Perhaps it was mere luck, but whoever drew the maps created a nation with a significant historical, geographical, genetic, & cultural basis for existing with or without religion. World history would have played out differently if Islam hadn't existed. Who knows, if that had been the case, we could still be existing as an independent nation in the north western regions of the Sub-Continent under a different name on the basis of our history alone. In any case, it's safe to say that the country has sufficient reasons to remain united.

Hi, anybody saw video of meera scandal? It became the main reason of separation between meera and naveed. I Just watched this scandal on xvideos and this is real. Now, i think meera has no future in lollywood.

Hi, anybody saw video of meera scandal? It became the main reason of separation between meera and naveed. I Just watched this scandal on xvideos and this is real. Now, i think meera has no future in lollywood.

what is has got to do with lollywood.....she will still be getting chances

and secondly the scandal video......isnt naveed also in that video????

I think Anyone can post in senior's cafe now , please try and tell me :)

No yar , it says "you have insufficient privileges to reply here"..... :)
There are privileged and unprivileged classes on PDF as well !! After all it is a capitalist world ;)

Bhai Mutton biryani khaya aaj . Mazza aa gaya . I try to avoid temptation of read meat but it calls me back like a old lover .

No yar , it says "you have insufficient privileges to reply here"..... :)
There are privileged and unprivileged classes on PDF as well !! After all it is a capitalist world ;)
i think anybody can post there.. must be some issue with your id...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom