What's new

Whatever

Picking up a fight with me Zakii???
Lol....you'll regret it.
biglaugh.gif
:........

Whatsapp....is way faster than BBM.
You are right BBM has been used by men in their executive suites....gentlemen or not.
Whatsapp is more fun....and whats life without fun.
Sir i suggest... you too switch to whatsapp.
thumbsup.gif

Btw isnt it a litttttle hypocritic comment considering that the post was made by you who reaps the max advantage from whatsapp??...ahem ahem...no no i didnt say anything.
hide.gif
well I have all the messengers installed in my mobile phone so each of my friend is welcome to reply me wherever they feel easier. But in my personal capacity I still prefer FB (for chat) and skype (for calls) on laptop... and hardly like to chat on mobile but when i have to... I prefer FB chat on mobile for some reason :(

Although mostly I am engaged on whatsapp due to ahem ahem - yeah i didn't say anything either

Got it !!!
Next time i'll be more careful with what i post :-)

Thank you! I will avoid making a big deal out of harmless jokes or comments as well.

Tango??? Hmmm will try downloading it.
And isnt the BBM app very slow...OMG!!

And that was some good amount of info on Nexus....so why isnt Nexus creating waves???

U knw i went to my settings...but i can just change language,voice feedback,info and raise to speak option.I cant change siri's gender....lol.

Tango's benefit is that it functions just like Whatsapp, as in all you need is the contact's mobile number, & if he or she has Tango installed; you can video call each other. BBM is working fine for me but the registration took quite a while, I had to wait for an e-mail confirmation. I think people registering right now don't have to go through that. It's a bit buggy though, & I got it to crash once. Is BBM alone slow for you or iOS 7 in general? Is it iOS's keyboard?

Nexus is stock Android so it doesn't have all of the cool features that Samsung & HTC add to their phones like smart pause, HTC Zoe, etc. As far as I know, Google doesn't want to become a direct competitor to other Android manufacturers. Besides, most people don't know or care about software optimization, stock experience, etc.

Go to Settings>General>Siri, then click on "Voice Gender" & choose your options.

Thank you! I will avoid making a big deal out of harmless jokes or comments as well.
Tango's benefit is that it functions just like Whatsapp, as in all you need is the contact's mobile number, & if he or she has Tango installed; you can video call each other. BBM is working fine for me but the registration took quite a while, I had to wait for an e-mail confirmation. I think people registering right now don't have to go through that. It's a bit buggy though, & I got it to crash once. Is BBM alone slow for you or iOS 7 in general? Is it iOS's keyboard?

Nexus is stock Android so it doesn't have all of the cool features that Samsung & HTC add to their phones like smart pause, HTC Zoe, etc. As far as I know, Google doesn't want to become a direct competitor to other Android manufacturers. Besides, most people don't know or care about software optimization, stock experience, etc.

Go to Settings>General>Siri, then click on "Voice Gender" & choose your options.

I got the BBM confirmation email almost 24hrs after i had registered.Now i dont have issues with my phone its just that i feel BBM is too slow.I am liking iOS7.....no big issues.

I can understand Google doesnt want to loose its market and hence avoids the competition in the mobile market.

And phoenix i really dont have that option to change siri's gender....i guess my siri will remain a male forever.:(

And dont change the font size.....its turning too small on the screen.o_O

I got the BBM confirmation email almost 24hrs after i had registered.Now i dont have issues with my phone its just that i feel BBM is too slow.I am liking iOS7.....no big issues.

I can understand Google doesnt want to loose its market and hence avoids the competition in the mobile market.

And phoenix i really dont have that option to change siri's gender....i guess my siri will remain a male forever.:(

And dont change the font size.....its turning too small on the screen.o_O

Same here, I had to wait around 24 hours as well. I think all of the early adopters had to go through that. I haven't used iOS 7 on the iPhone 4S, but I noticed it (iOS 7) was very slow on the iPhone 4, & assumed the same problem existed on the 4S. One iCloud setting needs to be changed to speed it up on the iPhone 4. Well initially the Nexus devices were more geared towards developers unlike today where regular consumers have a greater interest in them. Google is basically trying to avoid competing with manufacturers selling devices running its own operating system. In the past, Apple allowed other OEMs to sell Mac clones, & the result was that the companies selling the clones turned in to competition for Apple itself. Steve Jobs shut down the Mac clones project upon his return to Apple. The reason those OEMs turned in to competition was because they would sell Mac clones at a cheaper price then Apple resulting in a loss of hardware sales. Google's scenario is kind of similar in my opinion. As for Siri, I did some quick research & found out that you might need to reboot your phone or ensure your language is English (United States) & then reboot your phone. The "voice gender" option should be available then.

Sometimes I feel like banning all the IOS lovers from the forum :rofl:

Just joking...

Phoenix remember we had a lengthy discussion on Android vs IOS?

I still vouch for that :)

Just joking...

Phoenix remember we had a lengthy discussion on Android vs IOS?

I still vouch for that :)

Yeah, I remember. :D

So you still prefer Android over iOS 7? Android has improved a lot since then, & I have grown fond of stock Android (Nexus) devices. Leaving aside OEM editions of Android, my main complaint with stock Android is the lack of software optimization in some applications; especially games & tablet applications.

By the way, should I resurrect that old thread?

Yeah, I remember. :D

So you still prefer Android over iOS 7? Android has improved a lot since then, & I have grown fond of stock Android (Nexus) devices. Leaving aside OEM editions of Android, my main complaint with stock Android is the lack of software optimization in some applications; especially games & tablet applications.

By the way, should I resurrect that old thread?

You are welcome to resurrect it anytime

And not much improvement since then I guess but you have finally given some time to Android and started liking it...!!!

I am glad!!!

Now when I issue the decree to execute all the IOS lovers in this world... You are now safe!

Yes it has certainly improved in various fields and now a much better operating system just like an upgrade from Ios 6 to 7 but I think from jelly belly onwards 95% still is same

You are welcome to resurrect it anytime

I found that thread, but every page on it is blank. o_O If I have the time, I might start a new thread discussing iOS, Android, BlackBerry 10, Windows Phone 8 series, & Windows 8.1 for tablets. :D

And not much improvement since then I guess but you have finally given some time to Android and started liking it...!!!

I am glad!!!

Yes it has certainly improved in various fields and now a much better operating system just like an upgrade from Ios 6 to 7 but I think from jelly belly onwards 95% still is same

Yeah, my opinion of Android has improved a lot since last year, but my fondness of Android is a bit limited to the Nexus series & Samsung's main flagships; as in the Galaxy S & Note series. A few flaws still remain, but there have been lots of gradual improvements in stock Android ranging from the polished user interface to performance.

Google is annoying everyone at the moment with the constant leaks of the Nexus 5, especially the leak in the Play Store. :lol: Android 4.4 Kitkat is going to be an interesting release. What's your opinion of iOS 7? I like the new features & design, but it needs a bit more time to become as polished as iOS 6. One of my favorite improvements in iOS 7 is the updated Safari browser. It makes managing bookmarks, switching tabs, et cetera a lot more efficient & the speed is great too.

Now when I issue the decree to execute all the IOS lovers in this world... You are now safe!

Lol! :lol:

It's impossible to destroy any cult. You could execute its followers, burn their books, & eradicate every available evidence of their existence, but someone will eventually revive it or something similar to it.
;)

Same here, I had to wait around 24 hours as well. I think all of the early adopters had to go through that. I haven't used iOS 7 on the iPhone 4S, but I noticed it (iOS 7) was very slow on the iPhone 4, & assumed the same problem existed on the 4S. One iCloud setting needs to be changed to speed it up on the iPhone 4. Well initially the Nexus devices were more geared towards developers unlike today where regular consumers have a greater interest in them. Google is basically trying to avoid competing with manufacturers selling devices running its own operating system. In the past, Apple allowed other OEMs to sell Mac clones, & the result was that the companies selling the clones turned in to competition for Apple itself. Steve Jobs shut down the Mac clones project upon his return to Apple. The reason those OEMs turned in to competition was because they would sell Mac clones at a cheaper price then Apple resulting in a loss of hardware sales. Google's scenario is kind of similar in my opinion. As for Siri, I did some quick research & found out that you might need to reboot your phone or ensure your language is English (United States) & then reboot your phone. The "voice gender" option should be available then.

Hmmm
Right now i am updating my iphone to iOS7.0.3.This is the 3rd update since iOS7 was launched.But after the initial glitches with iOS7 ,apple had sent a better update with iOS7.0.1.So from there on i had no issues .I can see an alert for iOS7.0.3 update on my iPad too,will do it as soon as i log off from pdf.

What were you saying about iCloud slowing the devices???a little more detail pls.

And Phoenix i owe you big time....my siri is now a female.
dancingparty.gif
:......

All thanks to you.

bowdown.gif

But why is it that just the language preference change from English(UK) to English(US) can give such extra privileges???
confused2.gif

Sir i know what exactttttttly you mean.
coffee.gif
:............i know i am the only 90% Apple loyalist here.

I take you as an antiApple agent......

But then cant the mango ppl here ban the mods who demand iphone as gifts???
Remember this???
You have iphone 4s :O

Please gift me :(

And @p(-)0ENiX

Et tu brutus????
Yeah, my opinion of Android has improved a lot since last year,

And where is that thread on android Vs iOS???
I seriously believe the 3rd world war will not be fought between the countries but by these mobile giants.....lol

Last edited:
Sir i know what exactttttttly you mean.
coffee.gif
:............i know i am the only 90% Apple loyalist here.

I take you as an antiApple agent......

But then cant the mango ppl here ban the mods who demand iphone as gifts???
Remember this???
That was a pity joke my friend otherwise I could always afford such things myself thanks to the nature of my work I could get iPhone or other devices for free after every now and than if I invest in new companies but I never go for such offers. My income is good enough to buy it from my own pocket (thanks to God)

Having said that, I used to be iPhone lover forever until they started copying others. For example I bought original iphone and then iPhone 3 and loved that device and thought it's the end of the world. Later upgraded to iPhone 3gs and when the iPhone 4 was released I thought I am not gonnai see a better device in my life. I gifted iPhone 4 to my brother and he lost it, later another gift to my brother... and then to my sister... and then iPhone 4s was released and it was such a big disappointment. Having said that, my love for iPhone had not diminshed so like you loyalists I purchased a brand new iPhone from the Apple store in London. Later purchased another iPhone from the apple store to send a gift to my brother in law and another iphone to send a gift to my sister

In the meanwhile, I had started using Galaxy S2 and used to love it and there was a time when I used to equally prefer iPhone 4 and Galaxy S2. But then the disappointment of iPhone 4s was released which basically was excited about the siri service and all but since it was only useful in USA for mapping and UK version though better than most of the world was still limited to what it is capable of today. Anyways the bottom line is, Samsung Galaxy S3 was released and it was way better than iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 and even iPhone 5s I would say simply because I like bigger screens after I got used to it. I gifted Samsung Galaxy S2 to my brother in law and S3 to my brother and they all were in love with it and now my brother in law was so much in love with it that he purchased S3 from me after he had given cash money to bring one for him from UK when I last travelled to UK back in June.

I have also tried iPod which is good for nothing and a cheaper version of iPhone without sim to be precise. The only good thing Apple still makes is the MAC and Macbook. I love their computer devices and purchased brand new Macbook Pro with retina display and additional features such as raising the 8GB ram to 16GB and raising 256gb SSD to 512GB etc (if I am not wrong SSD was also not standard so had to opt for this version).

Good to see an original iOS lover.

That was a pity joke my friend otherwise I could always afford such things myself thanks to the nature of my work I could get iPhone or other devices for free after every now and than if I invest in new companies but I never go for such offers. My income is good enough to buy it from my own pocket (thanks to God)
I had taken your joke as a joke only.....but it seems my joke hasnt gone down well with you.
If so i take my words back.

Good to see an original iOS lover.

I had taken your joke as a joke only.....but it seems my joke hasnt gone down well with you.
If so i take my words back.
oh nai aisa kuch nahi... u can keep ur words with u - i take ur joke :D

and my post was aimed at telling the iPhone and Android experience I have had over the years

iPhone sucks.. and it's lovers should be executed :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom