What's new

Whatever

"dumb cash cow state" ????

Liberals suck big time in the Sunshine state.Tony is the national version of Lord Newman.

Where do WA's revenues end up? - Last time i visited Perth a few years ago, it was way backward as compared to the eastern capitals, despite the fact that it produces huge amounts of mining revenues.

@jaibi I am pondering upon my options, how do I pick you up from Pakistan- kidnap you and bring you here? Perhaps I can club you in with my @Secur operation. I would have tried it with @Oscar sir but its liable that he would feed me to his cat.

Last edited by a moderator:
@jaibi I am pondering upon my options, how do I pick you up from Pakistan- kidnap you and bring you here? Perhaps I can club you in with my @Secur operation. I would have tried it with @Oscar sir but its liable that he would feed me to his cat.

Hmmm.. I'm heavy so kidnapping might run into logistical problems :p

Hmmm.. I'm heavy so kidnapping might run into logistical problems :p

Shouldn't be an issue.

images

Waisey it'd be great if we could have a get together. Maybe we could message each other our FB IDs?

I discontinued my FB account a few months back. It is FAR too impersonal. After a while I realized that I didn't even know half the people in my overflowing friends list. The one's I did know were already available for contact and communication through viber and tango- where at least you can see a person's face. The scope for expression, elucidation etc. on such media (FB) is VERY limited and I have always despised that.

BUT yes I will have aero pass on my email-id to you.:)

Where do WA's revenues end up? - Last time i visited Perth a few years ago, it was way backward as compared to the eastern capitals, despite the fact that it produces huge amounts of mining revenues.
Umm! its not about the mining money!

Isn't Perth right in the middle of a boom and WA is not the only state rich in natural resources.

Yeah.

Perth's the most expensive city in Australia now if I'm not wrong. And now that the mining boom has died down all the cashed up bogans have dissapeared.

On the other hand, I did recently find out that Perth has an underground 'jazz and swing' scene. Astonishement was I.

I really don't know how the average non-mining related workers get along in this city.

Umm! its not about the mining money!

Isn't Perth right in the middle of a boom and WA is not the only state rich in natural resources.

Chinese demand for our resources has decreased, there goes the boom.

@kbd-raaf

Couple of years ago, I did an exchange sem @ UDub. Work placement with FMG in the rural north. I'm not an authority on mining but it did seem unsustainable @ that time too.

Couple of Pakistani hommies are geo's working for Bhp, once cashed up...driving three series....now worrying about job security.

Boom and bust...yea right!

@Alpha1 @S.U.R.B. did mods find any result to their investigation? I believe it is an insider job and webby will try to hide the guy..

@kbd-raaf

Couple of years ago, I did an exchange sem @ UDub. Work placement with FMG in the rural north. I'm not an authority on mining but it did seem unsustainable @ that time too.

Couple of Pakistani hommies are geo's working for Bhp, once cashed up...driving three series....now worrying about job security.

Boom and bust...yea right!

FMG is in the shitter right now, their meteoric growth was because of cheap money which has now dried up. Their debt-to-asset ratio is really high. They're taking very few if any people for work placement/grad work this year.

BHP is still expanding, albeit slowly, my dad's a project manager with them. His bonus this year is 1/3rd of what it was last year.

A sign of the times, they usually take 20-30 grads every year, down to 15 this year.

I personally work at WorleyParsons, pretty sure a grad engineer has been told to move on a few weeks ago. And I'm still a 3rd year undergrad, chances are it'll be me next.

When I first started going to udub, I was encouraged to do mining engineering. Some foresight at the time made me choose mechanical. Your geo buddies are lucky they work for a major, otherwise they would have lost their jobs by now.

It's not all bad news though, Chinese growth seems to be stabilising (sort of).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom