What's new

Whatever

lolzzzzzz :rofl::rofl::rofl:
1000447_10201734211904982_2110202518_n.jpg

@Chinese-Dragon @Aeronaut

Here's some articles i found about Nalanda University, which you might relevant.

Rows of monasteries, their turrets licking the clouds-King YaÑovarman

Each storey has dragon-like projections and coloured eaves, red pillars carved and ornamented, richly
adorned balustrades ... while the roofs are covered with tiles reflecting the light in a thousand shades.
There are thousands of monastic establishments in India but this one is most remarkable for its
grandeur and its height-Hwui-li

There are fifteen hundred masters of dharma and ten thousand students ... one hundred teaching
thrones are arranged daily for lectures.-Yuan Chwang

One striking feature of Nalanda was the tutor-student ratio. At the time of its students Kiai-jien and
Yuan Chwang — who were later to found the Vijñ~nav~da School of Buddhism in China — there
were fifteen hundred dharma masters and ten thousand students, i.e. one tutor for every seven
students.
Using a system of memory-training based upon repetition and an alphabetised index, these
teachers developed tremendous powers of scriptural recall. Hwui-Li recounts that the Supreme
Abbot of Nalanda, Silabhadra, had studied and mastered the entire canon. Five hundred of the
teachers had mastered thirty collections of texts and the remaining thousand could explain at least
twenty collections.

http://www.khenpo.eu/nalanda.pdf

during the Pala Empire (750–1174 CE) some statefunded monasteries in East India attracted monks, scholars, and
students from such diverse locations as China, Tibet, Sri Lanka,
Nepal, Korea, Greece, and Persia.
It also attracted donations from
foreign kings.70 These monastic universities taught different schools
of Buddhist thought and other disciplines such as medicine, and
trained missionaries in the skills of transmitting Buddhism.71 They are
considered among the earliest universities in the world. The largest
ones included Nalanda, Odantapuri and Vikramasila. Historians
recorded that Odantapuri permanently housed a thousand monks and
sometimes “twelve thousand monks congregated there”.72 Chinese
Monk Xuan Zang recorded that the Nalanda University had more
than 1,500 teachers to look after and guide 10,000 students.73 These
monasteries continued to train monks until they were destroyed by
invading Muslim troops in the 12th century

http://uscpublicdiplomacy.org/publications/perspectives/CPDPerspectives_Paper8_2012.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
YouTube to be unblocked after Eid-ul-Fitar
Pakistan Tribune-1 hour ago
Considering the interest of civil society and citizens, government has decided to unblock YouTube after Eid-ul-Fitar, sources have told Pakistan ...

Can anyone guess the shells?

LastHope.jpg

@Xeric

105's..........

YouTube to be unblocked after Eid-ul-Fitar
Pakistan Tribune-1 hour ago
Considering the interest of civil society and citizens, government has decided to unblock YouTube after Eid-ul-Fitar, sources have told Pakistan ...

105's..........

75mm and 76mm!

A documentary coming on discovery channel, a Pakistani has a disorder with his head. He is in Shaukat Khanum...the story is ono Discovery channel.

Shaukat Khanum Lahore is treating him.

Let's see what i can learn from here.

How can we define a soul?

Sir @fatman17 Sir @RescueRanger

Dear @nuclearpak

My firend @Secur

Big brother @Hyperion

The inhouse monster @Elmo

Sister @Talon

My sweet bro @Armstrong ,
My Serbian friend @proka89
Dear @balixd
Moulana @Zakii

and sweet @Marshmallow

Well you have a body then you have soul :rofl: the spirit which is "borrowed" to live on this planet and once dead, leaves the body....

I see you got loads of thanks on the q :P

A documentary coming on discovery channel, a Pakistani has a disorder with his head. He is in Shaukat Khanum...the story is ono Discovery channel.

Shaukat Khanum Lahore is treating him.

What sort of disorder? And how old is the story...is he still there?

@S.U.R.B.

Never gave much thought about that, but i would say that soul is the essence of our most sincere personality, buildeed through the lifetime of the experience. It's who we really are, our thoughts, dreams, successes, failures.... everything that we did in our life that shaped us in what we are today.

@S.U.R.B.

Never gave much thought about that, but i would say that soul is the essence of our most sincere personality, buildeed through the lifetime of the experience. It's who we really are, our thoughts, dreams, successes, failures.... everything that we did in our life that shaped us in what we are today.

Sure it is, respected @proka89 ; a very mature ,meaningful and a pleasant way of thinking.

@RazPaK

I can't reply on your thread in GHQ only webby can.

Back
Top Bottom