What's new

What you would want the PAF to be.

SQ8

INACTIVE
Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread is dedicated to posting scenario's for the PAF if the economy from 2005 was continued and there was still marginal growth in the country. You aren't ****** rich, but things can be afforded. Please come up with your ideas here.

Attempts at trolling will lead to a thread ban..

..or worse.

As a start. Had the 2005 Earthquake not hit.. or even if it did..
The PAF should have stuck to 36 F-16Block 52s along with some 70 odd F-16 MLU's. In addition, they could have purchased the Qatari Mirages for Strike and DACT. Instead of the ZDK, more SAAB's should have been procured along with LIFT like JL-9.
The PAF should go to 200 JF-17s and perhaps look to upgrade the F-7PG's into F-7X configuration.

Hopefully by the end of the decade:

10+ Awacs
250 JFTs
150? J-10s
100 F-16s
a few J-11Bs
And a 5th gen fighter prog with china...

100 f-16s.
7-10 erieyes.
250 jf-17s
50 j-10s.

I would limit F-16s at the current numbers.
AWACS as same as today.(Western+chinese mix)
100 JFT (main role as A2G, not good enough for A2A except two short missiles for self defence, main usage will be CAS & DEAD)
Gripen - as many as possible
ARMRAAM - 500 current+500 more since it is common for F-16 & Gripen.

Hopefully by the end of the decade:

10+ Awacs
250 JFTs
150? J-10s
100 F-16s
a few J-11Bs
And a 5th gen fighter prog with china...

be practical with economic constrains, this is your wish list.

@MastanKhan
Sir would love to hear your views here :pakistan:

--------------------------

Personally I would prefer to see more PAF fighters with A2A refueling capability and tankers to support them

Last edited by a moderator:
I would limit F-16s at the current numbers.
AWACS as same as today.(Western+chinese mix)
100 JFT (main role as A2G, not good enough for A2A except two short missiles for self defence, main usage will be CAS & DEAD)
Gripen - as many as possible
ARMRAAM - 500 current+500 more since it is common for F-16 & Gripen.

I strongly disagree go through the JF info pool thread..

be practical with economic constrains, this is your wish list.[/QUOTE]

100 f-16s are more than possible.. nb so are 250 jf-17s... we already have 7-8 AWACS... j-10b 36-52 on order... by a jew j-11bs i mean a sqd or 2... n yes i think PAF will go for a 5th gen fighter in future..

I strongly disagree go through the JF info pool thread..

be practical with economic constrains, this is your wish list.

100 f-16s are more than possible.. nb so are 250 jf-17s... we already have 7-8 AWACS... j-10b 36-52 on order... by a jew j-11bs i mean a sqd or 2... n yes i think PAF will go for a 5th gen fighter in future..[/QUOTE]

Just my opinion..!

I would like PAF to focus on infrastucture or architecture and advanced schooling to make the PAF a technology, process and manufacturing know how giant.

For the next 10 to 15 years, Pakistan will remain a crisis prone economy and therefore it will not be able to acquire platforms which can help it confront it's actual external adversaries - therefore PAF must make this into a an opportunity to build the infrastructure, the architecture of a force that is genuinely Air/Space focused, which means a force of highly educated and technically proficient individuals.

100 F-16s were PAF's original goal before the American sanctions kicked in

yes sir... im aware of tht... and frm what ive read in the threads etc... they are going to release further 14-16? f-16s... n PAF is also looking for more of them... the 2005 earthquake was a b.. sure screwed the Armed forces plans etc.. hell after tht only destruction followed.. from severe terrorism,electricity shortfall n more natural disasters like floods etc...

I would have liked to see PAF deploy around six squadrons of a mix bag of F-16s backed up by about eight units of JFTs.
A dozen Erieyes as they are compact and easy to disperse. Above that a few squadrons of twin engine jets like the F/A-18 would be ideal for the maritime strike roles.

a 15 years plan depending as the economy improves from $0.5 billion to a gradual increase of $1.5 to $2 billion yearly budget

restore saab 2000 AWACS to previous configuration
zdk 03 awacs

good radars

a potent SAM system ( a must)

150 jf-17 block i

100 jf-17 block ii

90 j-10 a

72 j-10 b

63 f-16

60 j-11

54 j-31

considering the IAF's ambitious expansion plan, anything less then this would be "suicide"

Lets how people are good with numbers. Say the GOP allots $0.5 billion over a 5 year plan. You are stuck at the current levels.. So what JF-17's have been paid have been paid for, the F-16's that have been paid for have been paid for and so on. What are you going to spend it on. Again, spread it over five years so whatever you get.. that is that for five years... weapons , systems.. everything.

Lets how people are good with numbers. Say the GOP allots $0.5 billion over a 5 year plan. You are stuck at the current levels.. So what JF-17's have been paid have been paid for, the F-16's that have been paid for have been paid for and so on. What are you going to spend it on. Again, spread it over five years so whatever you get.. that is that for five years... weapons , systems.. everything.

Yaar, eik tu Rozey ney hawai ki houey hey....ouper sey yea algebra....bahejey ka burta. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom